Meeanee, Napier, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And for the trifecta, happy blue crack birthday, Ax! :D

Sounds like a good one. :up:

I just ate waaaaaay too much parma and crumbed mushrooms. :beachedwhale:

Danny, let me know what you reckon about Tripod? (and anyone else interested)

Happy birthday, Andre!

I expect no greater than three comprehensible words to come from your keyboard today.

Thanks folks! If you want to talk about over-eating, my god, this amazing Greek place in Moonee Ponds filled us to bursting last night. I'm still full now. Going to take a week to run that off.

Happy birthday Axxo! For your birthday, I got myself a new laptop! :wave:, you'll be seeing a lot more of me around here.

I approve, Ashley. :up:

I do not approve that M83 and The Horrors clash with Washed Out and Toro Y Moi at Laneway.

Cobbler, either stop bitching about Thailand conflicting with Laneway or don't go and see the concerts. You're getting to go to Thailand, ffs.

I've realised how much I hate posting on FYM and I don't know why I do it.

And also my arguments feel so half assed and informal because I'm a lazy arse.

Too many others to see!

bono_man2002 said:
Ah well you don't have to have injections before travelling to Laneway, so I know which I would choose!

I had three in a day. Not exactly fun, but I didn't spend the hours prior crying in horror and then pass out.

I just hate them. I don't think i've had any injections since high school....but my last two blood tests (a little different I suppose) i've nearly fainted. Its strange, I was fine as a kid.

I guess you're not keen on donating blood, then, Daniel?

I'm off to the Red Cross tomorrow... I think it'll be my 50th whole blood donation. They gave me a badge for it last year but I couldn't actually donate that time cos I'd just come back from America. I want to earn that badge, dammit! *L*

Did anyone else have to sign in to Interference today? The site usually remembers me but today it forgot.

I guess you're not keen on donating blood, then, Daniel?

I'm off to the Red Cross tomorrow... I think it'll be my 50th whole blood donation. They gave me a badge for it last year but I couldn't actually donate that time cos I'd just come back from America. I want to earn that badge, dammit! *L*.

Nice! I'd love to be able to do that, but I just can't.

Axver said:
I approve, Ashley. :up:

I do not approve that M83 and The Horrors clash with Washed Out and Toro Y Moi at Laneway.

Why would anyone want to see Toro Y Moi live? I mean, seriously. M83 and The Horrors are dynamic, interesting performers that will get the crowd going.

Also, Daddy's Highway is a tremendous album and keeps getting better. Just throwing that out there.

Toro Y Moi is quite good live too, I don't know why you're rubbishing him. And I've heard M83 is a bit poor live ... in fact, I'm not sure I've seen many good reviews of his sets.

I'm really tossing between sticking to one stage (which has a great run of Cults, Yuck, Toro Y Moi, and Washed Out to headline), or giving up a good spot to bolt over to the main stage for The Horrors instead of Toro Y Moi and/or M83 instead of Washed Out. I've got tickets already to the Washed Out/Toro Y Moi sideshow, solely because of Washed Out's awesomeness (to me, Toro Y Moi has been consistently incapable of writing anything as good as Blessa/Minors again), but Charlotte can't go to that so she wants to see them at Laneway. Not sure I want to give up a good spot and go solo to fight the crowds for M83 and The Horrors, bands who I am idly interested in seeing but both who underwhelmed me with their 2011 releases.

Because I would never, ever want to hear an artist like Toro Y Moi at a festival. I know that's probably unfair, but chillwave is awful outdoors. At least M83 will fill out their sound.

In my experience though, staying at one stage is the way to go. I haven't had a lot of good stories that involved standing a mile from the act, other than "well, I got to see so and so live, technically." All of the really memorable shit was up close and personal. God, I was like 5 feet from Cut Copy once. Made my life.

Toro Y Moi has pretty much well departed chillwave now. I don't even think of him as being in the same genre as Washed Out and Neon Indian now that he's decided he'd rather either plagiarise Jamiroquai or record weak funk of his own (then again, I think all funk is weak).

But yeah, even if I bail in time for The Horrors, I'd just be standing way up the back ... and I am too polite to try to force my way through. I wish that their sideshow didn't clash with a gig I'm already seeing.

Going through NME's 100 New Bands for 2012, and having a fucking great time. Will post my list of artists I'm interested in when done.

Link to the 100?

Also, huge :up: to RYM for blacking out re: SOPA. Apparently Sharifi, the guy who runs it, actually has to engage a lawyer's services because he keeps getting letters from artists/labels who apparently can't read and think RYM hosts all the albums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom