Meeanee, Napier, New Zealand Superthread - Page 64 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #946
45:33

Local Time: 08:28 AM
Yeah I was really wtf when I saw he was CEO. I didn't know he was married to Alicia Keys though. Guess I don't keep close enough tabs on hip-hop marriages like Axver

Old 01-20-2012, 07:14 PM   #947
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Yeah I was really wtf when I saw he was CEO. I didn't know he was married to Alicia Keys though. Guess I don't keep close enough tabs on hip-hop marriages like Axver
I only know this because Bono thought attending their wedding was far more important than actually turning up to rehearse with the rest of the band before the start of U2's 2010 shows.

... yeah, that isn't exactly knowledge I'm proud to have.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 01-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #948
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
The four MegaUpload guys who were arrested were residents of New Zealand (but are Germans); the site wasn't based there though. The US claims jurisdiction because it says that they have servers in Virginia ... it had been previously rumoured that MegaUpload had its servers in Hong Kong but I hadn't seen anything definitive. I'm just pissed off about the Kiwi police being the US's bitch in all of this.

By the way, have a wild guess who the (not yet arrested) CEO of MegaUpload is? Swizz Beatz. Yes, as in Alicia Keys' husband, and also he's the guy who produced that awful Stranded (Haiti) song that Bono participated in.
I admire the times when NZ has stood up to the USA (there was something about "No, you can't park your nuclear aircraft carrier here"?), but I guess under these circumstances it was a bit different. Shouldn't have been, but there you go.

And wow. Can't wait for them to take him to court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggo View Post
Meh. It's friday night. saturday is the day for hangovers. But if I'm careful and drink a buttload of water along with the booze, I should be OK.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:19 PM   #949
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I only know this because Bono thought attending their wedding was far more important than actually turning up to rehearse with the rest of the band before the start of U2's 2010 shows.

... yeah, that isn't exactly knowledge I'm proud to have.
Work/life balance, Ax...
Old 01-20-2012, 07:35 PM   #950
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:28 PM
Wow.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:54 PM   #951
Blue Crack Supplier

Reggo, your avatar is creeping me out a bit.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:58 PM   #952
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:28 PM
I am going to present you all with a list of eating options, and I'm going to need direction in my life based upon it, mmk?
Old 01-20-2012, 08:03 PM   #953
Blue Crack Distributor

This is the real name of a real restaurant that serves real food to real people. What...the fuck...were they thinking?

B & J's American Cafe, La Porte, IN : Reviews and maps - Yahoo! Local
Old 01-20-2012, 08:07 PM   #954
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:58 AM
No way!
Old 01-20-2012, 08:12 PM   #955
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisaura View Post
I admire the times when NZ has stood up to the USA (there was something about "No, you can't park your nuclear aircraft carrier here"?), but I guess under these circumstances it was a bit different.
Yeah, in 1984, David Lange banned nuclear-powered or nuclear-armed ships from entering New Zealand's territorial waters, and this basically banned the US Navy from using our ports since they won't confirm or deny the presence of nuclear weapons on their ships. It all came to a head when one US ship in 1985 requested a port visit ... obviously it was refused, and the US threw a hissy fit. Lange stood firm and basically told them to get fucked, it's our sovereignty and we'll do what we like with it, thank you very much. So the US, ever so mature when it couldn't get its way, suspended its ANZUS Treaty obligations towards New Zealand.

There has been something of a thaw in the last few years (I remain disappointed in the 2010 Wellington Declaration), but I'm still waiting for the American government to apologise for behaving like a child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I am going to present you all with a list of eating options, and I'm going to need direction in my life based upon it, mmk?
I support whatever involves the most cheese.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 01-20-2012, 08:16 PM   #956
Blue Crack Distributor

I forgot that I was going to post options in here. , we're just going to B-Dubs.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:31 PM   #957
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
This is the real name of a real restaurant that serves real food to real people. What...the fuck...were they thinking?

B & J's American Cafe, La Porte, IN : Reviews and maps - Yahoo! Local
I have a feeling I'm missing something here...

Quote:
Yeah, in 1984, David Lange banned nuclear-powered or nuclear-armed ships from entering New Zealand's territorial waters, and this basically banned the US Navy from using our ports since they won't confirm or deny the presence of nuclear weapons on their ships. It all came to a head when one US ship in 1985 requested a port visit ... obviously it was refused, and the US threw a hissy fit. Lange stood firm and basically told them to get fucked, it's our sovereignty and we'll do what we like with it, thank you very much. So the US, ever so mature when it couldn't get its way, suspended its ANZUS Treaty obligations towards New Zealand.

There has been something of a thaw in the last few years (I remain disappointed in the 2010 Wellington Declaration), but I'm still waiting for the American government to apologise for behaving like a child.
Ah right... good on Mr Lange. More of that would be nice here too!

And you need to try the fried Mac and Cheese things at TGI Friday's. I'm full after two but I had that and loaded potato skins and part of a chicken BLT last night. *digestivedistress*

I wonder how the leftovers will go...
Old 01-20-2012, 08:33 PM   #958
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Reggo, your avatar is creeping me out a bit.
Not a fan of The Meaning Of Life?
Old 01-20-2012, 08:36 PM   #959
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggo View Post
Not a fan of The Meaning Of Life?
My least-favourite Python thing by a long margin. Bits were good, lots was just plain weird... I kinda feel like they jumped the shark.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:40 PM   #960
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
My least-favourite Python thing by a long margin. Bits were good, lots was just plain weird... I kinda feel like they jumped the shark.
yeah, I could have done without Mr Creosote.

Tags
superthread