Meeanee, Napier, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rejected by Cobbler.

41573_160203080656775_5266_n.jpg

...at least, that's how I'd feel if I didn't have a boyfriend!

I never thought that NK thread would go so far, I'm going to blame this on myself.

Now I've seen everything. Cobbler turning down a naked woman.

Slaxver, are you both nekkid in that picture? :ohmy:

Won't anyone think of the ponies? :sad:

:lol: Charlotte's wearing a strapless dress and I'm wearing a Swervedriver shirt.

Oh thank god the humidity's died away today - and the weather's calmed down in time for the best Christmas tradition of them all, the Boxing Day Test!

Thank God. I couldn't post in a thread with a potentially naked axver.

I thought it was fairly obvious that I was wearing a red shirt of some description in that picture. All I needed to fill in was the Swervedriver detail.

Swervedriver. :up:

So, Slaxver are now the proud owners of a nice new five string bass.

Photos in a few minutes on Facebook.

Merry belated Christmassings, everyone!

Daniel - for big overseas trips I've used Flight Centre... Haven't had any big dramas, except for randomly getting vegetarian meals on my last trip and not having enough time to change flights in Sydney airport. They'll match the price if you find a cheaper flight online, which is nice, plus I think you get a discount on CoverMore travel insurance with them (never had to make a claim so can't comment on them).

Any travel agent is probably similar... I just feel better about someone else organising a more complicated/international itinerary. I've just used the airlines' sites when booking domestic flights and had no trouble there, either.

Oh, if you ever need to book short flights inside Europe, do it yourself from local UK/European sites, it's way cheaper than booking them through an agent here. Not sure if the same is true inside N. America.

Either way, make sure you give yourself 2 hours between domestic and intl. flights if you leave the country through Sydney (or avoid it entirely if possible), and 3.5 if you enter the USA via LAX (or avoid even more). I've had 3-hour layovers in LA and it's been barely enough time to go through all the hoopla. My god how I hate that airport.

Whereabouts in Canada do you want to go? I want to go there too... But only in their summer! ;)

Danny - Yes, GA at the Meyer Music Bowl is behind the seats. I saw Tool there earlier in the year... We still had a good view, but you won't be close. The grass is on a hill too, so can get a bit uncomfortable standing.

Five-stringed bass... :drool:

Vlad n U 2 said:
I'm tired of having to explain the definition of communism in every single one of my posts in FYM. :lol:

Here comes little Vlad: the answer to the question no one asked. :wink:

Why is it that the moment you want a band name, you instantly forget all the good ideas you've had over the years?

Hahaha, awesome.

I'm betting there are already four or five very mediocre death metal bands called Bonestorm.

You could have Bonestorm, too. They'll be your shitty black metal guise, as the Dalton Brothers were the country guise of U2. Get the crowd all warmed up and take your wig off or whatever and be all "welcome to Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge. I am Carvallo." Then you can kick into one of your many ubiquitous hits and the crowd will be eating out of your hands.

#hasneversoldarecordinhislife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom