Meeanee, Napier, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What did Will Champion win?

Why won't The Edge fall?

Why isn't Roger Waters a river?

Does Mike Mills work on a farm?

Is Bill Berry poisonous?

Does Andy Bell work at a school?

Is Billie Joe Armstrong a bodybuilder?

Does Tre Cool live at the North Pole?

Freddie Mercury? Isn't it too hot there?

Neil Finn? Fish have knees now?

Mark Seymour? What else is there left to see?

John Lennon? Brave revolutionary!

Angus Young? No wonder he's still wearing that schoolboy's uniform!

James LaBrie is a cheese now?

... actually, he is pretty fucking cheesy.

Alright you well traveled folks. Where do all book your flights? Just through the airline website? I've been checking out Cheap Flights & Airfares - Book International Flights | Jetabroad and they seem pretty good.

We're obviously going on a big honeymoon at some point, and I'm wanting to sort that out soon. (fingers crossed we can go to Canada)

I normally just book through the airlines' websites. But that's because I'm usually just going to New Zealand, so I check Qantas, Virgin, and Air New Zealand and buy the cheapest.

Ax you heard this Twerps album? Got a shitload of good press.

No I haven't, though I know the band name and have seen members performing in other bands. Must admit I'd kind of put off checking them out because I think that's a bit of a shoddy band name.

You still on for Big Scary this evening? Lovely day for a free outdoor gig.

Is Billie Joe Armstrong a bodybuilder?

:lmao: Billie Joe? A bodybuilder? :laugh: Half of his guitars are bigger than he is.

I know you were making an incredibly lame pun, but I had to LOL at that.

Ever been to a gig at the Myer Music Bowl? Seeing Kanye and Bon Iver there in Jan and MArch, bit worried/annoyed that the seats are IN FRONT of GA.

I'm sure I did :grumpy: was she wearing a baseball cap again? :heart:

Haha, this time around no; she was rocking an old woman look and somehow making it work. What was a bit frustrating is that they left her drumkit down the back of the stage, but in terms of how well they played, probably a tad better than at the Corner. Richard In Your Mind were good too, strong overtones of psychedelia that were ideal for such an evening.

Ever been to a gig at the Myer Music Bowl? Seeing Kanye and Bon Iver there in Jan and MArch, bit worried/annoyed that the seats are IN FRONT of GA.

Actually, no, because the only bands I've ever been interested in seeing there have been charging about twice what I've been willing to pay. But if I remember the seating diagrams correctly, your suspicions may be right ... ask Alison, she's been there.

Vlad n U 2 said:
What is it with frontmen and being short? :tsk:

They've got to be up front or you wouldn't be able to see them. :(

Blast from the past: I took the purity test for the first time in a couple of years and scored a, uh, 46. What was I when I first took it, a 75? Been a crazy few years!

My day:

I had a Russian interpreter call today. Got all excited when I heard the interpreter say "nadsat" when she said "seventeen" in Russian. I am a total nerd for A Clockwork Orange.

Also, I talked to someone today named Robin DeHaan. "Haan" is Dutch for "rooster" aka a chicken. So, I talked to Robin of Chicken. It was a woman, so, sadly, it wasn't Sir Robin of Chicken.

Lastly, I found, of his own admission, that Patrick Stewart (Captain Picard, Professor X, Shakespearean Actor extraordinaire) is OBSESSED with Beavis & Butt-Head and collects memorabilia from the show. Patrick Stewart is a Beavis and Butt-Head fanboy.

And I got two free pizzas from the pizza shop today cause they fucked up an order.

I had an awesome Day-Before-Christmas-Eve.

Now that's what I call a day, Reggo.

My family's visiting for Christmas. Wine abounds. Glorious times!

I used backspace so much in the making of this post. soz lol.

Watching the rage FIFTY because it seems like the thing I should do at midnight.

Haha, I used to watch that all the time ... thirteen or fourteen years ago.

Merry Christmas Superthread!

Happy Festivus!

My mood isn't what it should be, thanks to a rather uncomfortable night's sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom