Meeanee, Napier, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
do you get the Melbourne Times Weekly?

I don't get anything in print. Not even the free local rag after they inexplicably stopped delivering to my block of flats even though most other places around here are still getting them!

How come?

Oh that's the one I write for, it's delivered in and around that area. We run a "silly" issue of it in the new year, with fake stories.

Haha awesome. Doesn't seem delivery extends to me, though I think the cafe next door has it. Are the other Weeklies affiliated? Like my doctor has a very similar-looking Moonee Valley Weekly in the waiting room all the time.

Inhale guy is so mopey, he makes Morrissey look like Big Bird. I kind of like it.

Haha awesome. Doesn't seem delivery extends to me, though I think the cafe next door has it. Are the other Weeklies affiliated? Like my doctor has a very similar-looking Moonee Valley Weekly in the waiting room all the time.

Yep. We run eight out of our office

Hey Cobbler, you coming to that free Big Scary gig at Fed Square on Thursday? They're playing with Richard In Your Mind, 6pm to 7:30.

:fuckyeah!:

And, :giggle:

Potentially, the town could have derived it's name...

Charlotte...! I'm shocked and disappointed. :tsk:

Opeth tonight!

Don't anybody be a meeanee about "black t-shirt metal fans". :wink:

Speaking of which... need a job for next year, Ax?

racket presenter | triple j

Seriously, every gig can be made better with the addition of some poo jokes. And watching hundreds of metal guys chanting "do a shit" is something everyone should experience sometime. Two thumbs up.

That sounds amazing. :lol:

Melbourne’s East Brunswick Club To Shut In News : Mess+Noise

If you need me, I'll be chained to the bandroom to stop its demolition.

This is all kinds of fucked up. Fucking developers.

Did I mention that creepy guy I met there claimed to be mates with the owner? Not sure if that was the new or the old owner.

Boy, 2011 really just doesn't give a shit anymore, don't it?

I certainly don't give a shit about it. Ready for 2012 now.

Bonnie I listened to This is Happening on the way home tonight.

You Wanted A Hit is fucking killer. Love the first two minutes especially.

Dance Yrself Clean, All I Want, I Can Change, Pow Pow and Home are also fucking brilliant and the others are pretty good too.

Except for Somebody's Calling Me. That's pretty shit if I'm not in the mood. Which is often.

Bonnie I listened to This is Happening on the way home tonight.

You Wanted A Hit is fucking killer. Love the first two minutes especially.

Dance Yrself Clean, All I Want, I Can Change, Pow Pow and Home are also fucking brilliant and the others are pretty good too.

Except for Somebody's Calling Me. That's pretty shit if I'm not in the mood. Which is often.

Man, I love that album. I agree with you on all fronts. I've barely listened to Somebody's Calling Me since the album came out, but You Wanted A Hit is still as awesome as ever. I just plain love I Can Change, it was great when JJJ were spinning it a bit last year. :heart: Murphy :hug:

Charlotte...! I'm shocked and disappointed. :tsk:

I'm shocked and disappointed I didn't notice it either!

Speaking of which... need a job for next year, Ax?

racket presenter | triple j

Aahahaha, awesome ... and tempting.

Holy shit really? As in this Thursday? Fuck yeah I'll go to that.

Yep, this Thursday. It's part of a series - they did it last year and are doing it again this year, with gigs announced through to the end of January so far: Fed Square Live | Fed Square

Yep, pretty keen to see Big Scary again and I want to see if the hype about Richard In Your Mind is true - Mess & Noise loved their last album. Plus that's a great band name.

I'm surprised Ashley dislikes him, since I thought this was another case of "Axver hates a band/artist everybody else likes", e.g. Prince, Radiohead, The National, etc.

I know how that feels, somewhat ... It feels weird to be up this early again.

Who?

Also, I can't stand Tom Waits, I thought this was common knowledge lol
He's the guy who makes the dark ambient drone music I know and love. The past few weeks on Facebook we've been chatting and he's been mopey as hell. I feel bad for the guy, even though I'm pretty sure his depressed and altered mental state is what makes the music so damn good.

And as an added bonus, for being nice to him, he's sending me a band shirt. Which since they don't tour and don't sell anything but mp3s on their website is pretty cool.

Though it differs from mine, I respect your opinion on Tom Waits.

Tom Waits blows.
Bite me, Assver.

You think you're so great, Cobbler, but really you're not. I ought to show you a piece of my mind. :madwife:

Me, yeah.

Cobbler.

I want you to think about this post. I want you to make sure that this is something you want posted on the internet.

Because it makes me want to mock you mercilessly.

In what country is Wayne Coyne the currency?

Okay I'll stop now.

In what country is Wayne Coyne the currency?

Okay I'll stop now.
I'm not sure, but I think you can use one to make a wish in the Fountains of Wayne.

That was awful. I'm sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom