Meeanee, Napier, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we're going to have to finish this track tomorrow. My guitar parts are down, even if there are a couple of obvious mistakes; bass is about halfway there and no vocals yet. When it's done we might share with interested parties for some feedback!

:depressed: I love Snickers.

Oh god... oh god... I hope there wasn't a PICNIC BAR involved... I love them, but I ALREADY struggle to get past the fact that they look like huge nutty turds.

I don't actually know about the presence of Picnic bars, because I left the room after the Snickers incident.

I don't care much for chocolate period.

Seconded.

I'd so much rather a savoury snack than chocolate.

I... I don't understand any of you. :confused:

It's, like, an actual legit job, not just fucking around at a call center. Not that call centers aren't legit, but of the past 6 years, I've spent about 70% of the time just fucking around. Anyway, it's at StoneRiver. They do a bunch of different insurance stuff. My job is gonna be calling insurance companies and telling them to pay on Worker's Comp pharmacy claims. 8 AM start time means I'm going to have to drag my ass out of bed at 5:30 to be ready to go. Which means I'm bailing now to have a late dinner and get to bed at a decent hour.

Forgot to say, good luck tomorrow! Hope it all goes well and you're not too much of a zombie.

Looks like we're going to have to finish this track tomorrow. My guitar parts are down, even if there are a couple of obvious mistakes; bass is about halfway there and no vocals yet. When it's done we might share with interested parties for some feedback!

:up:

Now that I've heard Ronnie's side project album, I'm pretty sure ive heard pretty much everything anyone involved with killers have ever released, including, but of course, everything by the killers.

Here I was, thinking you'd never ever listened to The Killers. :wink:

Wouldn't you know it, but I'm actually a pretty decent sized fan of them. I know, I pretty much never talk about them, so I can see how you might not have known.

That was an interesting first day.

I have a headache. And require food.

Back later.

I heard that the place I'm working for is hiring three people. I'm a temp.right now. If I get hired in, this will change every ting. I'll still go to grad school, but I'll buy a car, maybe rent a house rather than an apartment, take a little longer finishing school, have insurance, pto. Shit, I really dint want to get my hopes up, but I have.

Hearing fail: In Rocky Horror, because of Little Nell's odd singing voice and her popping out of her bustier during the floor show, I always think she's saying "Rose tits my world" instead of "rose tints".

I forgot to mention last night:

Yesterday, mum and I were at the store and she went looking through the baby clothes (which she never does), oohing and ahhing over every little thing, then turns to me and says she needs a grandchild.

She got stomach flu almost immediately afterward, so I think the universe was exacting revenge on my behalf.

Now that I've heard Ronnie's side project album, I'm pretty sure ive heard pretty much everything anyone involved with killers have ever released, including, but of course, everything by the killers.

I'm curious, what do you think of Brandon Flowers' solo album? (I'm assuming he only has one...)

I heard that the place I'm working for is hiring three people. I'm a temp.right now. If I get hired in, this will change every ting. I'll still go to grad school, but I'll buy a car, maybe rent a house rather than an apartment, take a little longer finishing school, have insurance, pto. Shit, I really dint want to get my hopes up, but I have.

Wow, good luck! *fingerscrossed*

Yeah, but the Braves cap!

... okay.jpg, when will I be taken away? :(

Ye gods, you've just reminded me... One of the children at the baby shower on Sunday, a 10-ish-year-old-girl, had some sort of cap like that but it had a funky youthy sort of black-and-white design on it, and she had it on an angle and the sticker was still on it too!! *argh*

Back from tennis. Goddamn 20/20 at Adelaide Oval making traffic unbearable.

Braandon Flowers solo album was my favorite album of 2010, but I'm like the only persoñ in the universe that felt that way.

It has some good hooks, but the production is awful. It sounds slick and all-around crappy. This definitely isn't the direction I wanted them to take.

It has some good hooks, but the production is awful. It sounds slick and all-around crappy. This definitely isn't the direction I wanted them to take.

They were on the cusp of something good but I think they're letting it slip away. Waiting so long to get a second album out hasn't helped the momentum they had back in 2009 either. But when I saw them live in early 2010 ... the first half the show felt like they had serious potential to go much further, like both the show and their career were building towards something big, but then it all fell over in the second half and only managed to reach a good conclusion by amping up the crowd with the big single. This new album feels like the second half of that show, pretty much. I was looking forward to an album that captured the first half!

There's certainly nothing on the new album that can be even vaguely compared to Crystal Visions, At War With The Sun, Velvet, or Golden Pendulum.

Yeah, but the Braves cap!

... okay.jpg, when will I be taken away? :(
I was nothing but a middleman when it came to the Braves cap. He gave me the money, I bought it, then sent it to him, since the apparel company doesn't ship to Australia. Or the shipping would've cost more than the hat itself, I forget. I think it was the first one.

I'll be on the next flight to Radelaide.

Fact: The Braves cap is cooler than everything you own.

Fact: No, it's not. :tongue:

You should get some tattoos to go with the cap and the Bintang singlet. :wink:

Cobbler already has a tattoo

dubstep.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom