Medical Insurance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
So just to top off a crappy day, I get home to find my new Kaiser renewal booklet for next year, RAISING MY MONTHLY PAYMENT TO $178!

A HUNDRED and SEVENTY EIGHT dollars! :scream:

This shit went from $90, to $123, and now this!?

Who in their right mind can afford this shit??!! :madspit:

Does anyone else pay this type of outrageous amount?
Or maybe can point me to somewhere cheaper?

* runs off to kill people

I've always gotten my medical insurance taken care of by my dad...his work place covers me while I'm a college student...but I graduate in December. :uhoh:

I can't afford insurance, dammit...:sigh:

I know, it's gotten totally ridiculous...... My hubby's insurance doubled over about 3 years, and he never even met his deductible each year! I just got a decent deal thru school, about $230 total for the both of us - still alot especially when you've got the deductible to cover first :banghead:

Kaiser has gotten expensive lately...my daughter has that. I on the other hand, my ex dropped me from his insurance the minute he and I left court last year. I don't have insurance, sad to say. I guess I should sign up for Medi-cal. I might need it someday.

Christine.

This is nothing.
Count your blessings.

Mine is $330.00 a month.
My co pays =$20.00 a visit.

Its manitory to that I keep it as I have children.
There is also child support. 600.00 a month
There was alimony for 4 years that I USE to pay 1000.00 a month.
That finally ended..(alimony) the mooch finally had to get a job:mad:

My other payments are-
Mortgage -------------750.00
Sexy Jeep payment 355.00
Credit cards---------- 600.00

Wanna trade monthly expenses?;):)

Alot of peeps have no medical insurance.
No coverage -no nothing.

It will only be $15-20 more per week for you.:)

Count your blessings.

diamond, how do you survive?

diamond said:
Christine.

This is nothing.
Count your blessings.

Mine is $330.00 a month.
My co pays =$20.00 a visit.

Its manitory to that I keep it as I have children.
There is also child support. 600.00 a month
There was alimony for 4 years that I USE to pay 1000.00 a month.
That finally ended..(alimony) the mooch finally had to get a job:mad:

My other payments are-
Mortgage -------------750.00
Sexy Jeep payment 355.00
Credit cards---------- 600.00

Wanna trade monthly expenses?;):)

Alot of peeps have no medical insurance.
No coverage -no nothing.

It will only be $15-20 more per week for you.:)

Count your blessings.

*reads diamond's monthly bills on thread*

icelle: holy shit...

daisy: mom, i heard that!

icelle: sorry!

Khanada what kind of plan are you using?

Diamond, if you want to go over monthly expenses compared to job income, I have like $100 of free spending money to myself a month after all this crap gets paid. And that doesnt include food and gas for that friggin gas guzzling beast of a car I have. Granted I dont have child support payments and kids but I'm sure you make a lot more money than me hustling people into buying cars. :sexywink:

* free room and board at my parents house is starting to look good *

:crack:

Sicy said:

Diamond, if you want to go over monthly expenses compared to job income, I have like $100 of free spending money to myself a month after all this crap gets paid. And that doesnt include food and gas for that friggin gas guzzling beast of a car I have. Granted I dont have child support payments and kids but I'm sure you make a lot more money than me hustling people into buying cars. :sexywink:

* free room and board at my parents house is starting to look good *

:crack:

Sicy-

I understand winding up w zero after all the bills are paid:angry:
Some months I had to live on credit cards to makes ends meet, to pay my lovely ex spouse her alimony.

And remember my salary is NOT guaranteed:angry:
If I see no cars, I make no money. Iam straight commission..:huh:

Do not move back home w your Ma, it will throw off your mojo:silent:

good bye

diamond
:)

Ok Ok But I'm still pissed off!!! :yell:

Actually. I dont think I could ever move back in with my parents. My mom alone would drive me insane. :coocoo:

egads! 178 a month! It's times like these I'm glad I live in the UK and we have the National Health Service.....

and Sicy - :lol: don't move home with your mum :no: I just had to do that cos I went travelling round the world and when I came back I had no job and no money. still haven't. Its nice that it's cheap but I miss my own place.....:( Moving home was a bit of a shock to the system after 5 years of my own place

:mad: How many times is Kaiser going to raise their rates? Because my stepson is a bartender/musician, he has no medical insurance. I don't want him to be without so I pay his Kaiser premiums...which started at $89, went to $132 and now $160...for one person. His copay started at $5 and now its $25.

I'm too nice...he's gonna have to get a real job. :eyebrow:

Other than that, I'm very lucky...my husband's police retirement pays our Kaiser premiums in full for the 2 of us and my kids...somewhere around $600 per month.

Sicy said:

Actually. I dont think I could ever move back in with my parents.
From my experience, not a good move. I tried this after college, being used to coming and going as I pleased and then living with Mommy and Daddy didn't work too well. The last straw came interestiungly enough after a U2 show in 1987. Had gone to see them in Hartford, CT, went out after, then my buddy and I drove home to Boston area, arriving around 3:30. Well Mom is still waiting up, and we get into an argument, she says I should have called, she doesn't know if I'm dead...my oh so classy reply..."If I were dead I'd have called to let you know". Then off to bed...and moved out 2 weeks later for good. I get along great with my parents now that I don't live with them.

As for insurance...I have to pay for my wife as work only covers me...just went up to $292.00 a month...that hurts...and God forbid we have an offspring.

Ditto on the moving back home thing - once you leave, I think it's impossible to go back and be happy at the same time. My first year of college I was in the dorms, tried to move home the following summer, and I was looking for a roomate within about 1 week. My mom and I get along much better *not* living together :yes:

I love my apartment

ok ok I didnt mean it!! :no: :laugh: I was just delerious for a second. :coocoo:

My job offers me nothing.. nothing but pitching in $34 a month. *coughcheapcough*

its no picnic for the parents either

I would be :coocoo: if my stepkids moved back home...again.

And I'm counting the days until my own kids leave home...then I'm gonna move and not tell them where I'm at. :lol:

Holy toledo, that is expensive!

As a Canadian, I don't have to worry about that. But I do have to worry about higher taxes and higher inflation when the wages aren't going up.

Canada used to be the #1 country in the world to live. The past few years it has lost that title due to the cost of living getting significantly higher. Sounds like America's cost of living is going the same way. The prices go WAAAAY up, but the wages stay the same. It's frustrating and discouraging. :(

Sicy said:
Khanada what kind of plan are you using?
our plan is through cigna. it covers everything, medical and dental. it's a PPO plan, and the premiums are pretty good. i've never had to pay for anything before so i don't know what's considered good or not, but i know our co-pays for normal doctor's visits are $20 which is what it was when i was on my parents' insurance.

Sicy said:
I have no dental.
:shocked:

thank god we do. i have to get my wisdom teeth worked on. or pulled, however you'd word it. thank god my appointment is in like two weeks and unless they grow in at a new rapid speed, they have no chance of being impacted.

plus, my hypochondriac :silent: i did not say that lol husband has a cavity and is acting like he'll need full dentures soon. whatevah, we get our insurance sunday, and hopefully he can see the dentist wednesday.

:lol: at Hewson's argument with his mudda! Hi-larious!

As for medical insurance I have a little while before I'm knocked off my parents'. Until this summer I had access to the university's health center, which supplied me with cheap anti-biotics, etc. It's scary to think that I could become dealthly ill and have to choose between going into DEEEEEEP debt or dying.

I honestly don't understand why America wouldn't adopt the health plans seen in Canada, Britain, and Australia. They seem to work, albeit with higher taxes, but I'd bet that the taxes aren't as high as the premiums of insurance companies.

This reminds me of an old roommate. He had no insurance, found out he had cancer, and ended up with over $25,000 in medical bills that he'll never be able to pay-off. Isn't that sad? Why? Why aren't we DOING something about this, instead of just TALKING like always? This agravates me!

Danospano said:

I honestly don't understand why America wouldn't adopt the health plans seen in Canada, Britain, and Australia. They seem to work, albeit with higher taxes, but I'd bet that the taxes aren't as high as the premiums of insurance companies.

I feel very lucky to live in a country with the national health service. I'm a chronic asthmatic and without the NHS my medical bills by now would have been astronomical (I spent much of my childhood in hospital)

However, if the USA were to adopt the system, it would be a bit of a shock to the system. Medical care in the USA is renowned to be great - because you all pay for it. Here in the UK there are waiting lists of years for crucial surgery such as heart surgery etc. Hospital wards are over crowded and nurses underpaid and over worked. The chances of getting a private room is next to nothing if you have to go into hospital. However, its a fantastic service to get included in your taxes. I for one believe we in the UK should count our blessings :)

Since I work for the gov I get a pretty good deal. I think I pay like $15.00 dollars when I go to the docotor and I get Rx for like $5 to 10 depending. We have these different choices for our Insurance and it includes dental. We also get to pick the doc who sees us. I have to switch from PacfiCare to Humana. This is like an open season time where you can change if you want. After the chance to change the Co. make there changes and PacfiCare plans to go up. I looked at all the stuff and Humana is just a good and there price is staying the same, and I can see the same Dr. and that is cool.

Back
Top Bottom