Med Students ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am a med student in Spain. Hello to all!!

By the way, I´m with Netter...Sobotta is more realistic, Netter is more didactic.

Long life to med students! :D

anitram said:
We (law students) had a mixer with the med students.

Alls I know is that we can drink them under the table every day of the week and twice on Sunday. By a huge, insurmountable margin. :wink:

We lawyers can outdrink all the fish in the ocean.

Especially Guinness...

:drool:

randhail said:
Just started dissecting the face today and it was a little strange. Now keep in mind that my cadaver has been completely skinned from the sternum down and I've been doing this for over 2 months at this point. It was probably the most difficult time I've had dissecting.

The person's face was right there looking back at me. His facial scruff palpable. So many uniquely human features right there. Prior to today, the head was shrouded so I hadn't yet seen the face. It definitely made me appreciate even more what this man had done so that I could learn from him. :up:

That must have been an awe-inspiring experience. :up:

randhail said:
today is brain removal day in lab :drool:

I'm a clinical psych student. I've never had that experience, but my fellow students in the more neurological areas have. From what I hear, it's fascinating.

All right, I'm bumping this thread a bit.

I'm not a med student...actually I'm in my senior year of high school, but taking all college classes right now. I'm seriously considering going to med school to become a gastroenterologist because I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease in March of this year. The possibility of helping others who have been affected by Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis is thrilling to me.

I hate DNA and RNA. All the polymerases and their subunits - alpha, beta, beta prime blah blah blah. I can't possibly think of a worse topic to cover. I'd love to invent a time machine just to go back and punch Watson and Crick in the face for discovering it. Thank God their's only 4 more lectures on this garbage.

randhail said:
I hate DNA and RNA. All the polymerases and their subunits - alpha, beta, beta prime blah blah blah. I can't possibly think of a worse topic to cover. I'd love to invent a time machine just to go back and punch Watson and Crick in the face for discovering it. Thank God their's only 4 more lectures on this garbage.

:lmao:

well I'm a senior in high school but I declared myself Pre-med at IU with a major in Cognitive Science... not sure completely what I want to do yet, something in neurology probably, or maybe psychiatry or psychology. But right now I'm thinking I really want to go to med school

in my honors biology class (best class ever...no state required curriculum so he can teach whatever he wants :drool: ) we're doing histology which is cool...I've got a lab practical on Wednesday... gotta figure out how to tell apart those damn connective tissues :tsk:

The nerves are good stuff. Just an FYI though, psychology is a different beast than med school - it's a masters or PhD program. I'm taking neuro science and behavioral science next block, which thankfully starts in a few weeks. As part of the behavioral course, we get to go to the psych ward and interview patients, which ought to be interesting to say the least.

Justin24 said:
Well I wish I could be as smart as ya'll. :(

There are days when I don't think I'm too bright for doing this to myself. Learning about 30s ribosomes binding with initiation factor 3 and Shine-Dalgarno sequences isn't all that much fun, which is why I come here to procrastinate. Enjoy not having to study this stuff. :wink:

randhail said:
The nerves are good stuff. Just an FYI though, psychology is a different beast than med school - it's a masters or PhD program.

Yeah I know, I'm not 100% sure of what I want to do yet, just the general area I want to study...

ugh I think I failed my histology test guys :( it was a lot harder than I thought it'd be... I couldn't remember the name of specific types of bone cells :scream: i didnt think we needed to know them. more questions about blood than I expected, too. but I correctly identified some blood cells as cancerous even though he never showed us those slides before :wink:

next lab practical will be dissected mink...woooo

yeah I can't wait til anatomy :drool: I like histology actually, it just wasn't easy the first time around... I got a 77 on my test :yikes: better than failing at least...

Back
Top Bottom