Mean Parents but funny ahhahahahah!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Drama Queen said:
is this something i can view at work?

Somebody sent that to me at work around Halloween - I pretty much had the same reaction and everyone came running to see what happened :reject:

yes, you can watch this at work....most places of employment.

don't open it if you work in a school or day care:|

Good God, some of you guys are far too sensitive. Parents (some, not all) tease their kids, it's a fact of life. You look back on it and laugh. My parents scared the living shit out of me when I was little and nothing ever happened to me! My father had me convinced that I had Tommyknockers living in my cupboard. I didn't even know what Tommyknockers were, but I was petrified of them. And when watching a scary movie once, my mother sneaked outside and tapped really loudly on the window, causing me to have nightmares for weeks. Looking back on it now, though, we all find it really funny.

That kid will also probably think this video is funny twenty years from now.

Haha! That's hilarious.

I used to be humiliated by my parents like that too. It's all part of growing up. :wink:
Now I get to humiliate them...:drool:

This is a case of my brother torturing me, not my parents:

There's this program that I'm not sure still airs here called Wednesday's Child. Every Wednesday, it would feature a child who needed a home.When I was younger, my older brother convinced me I was going to be on there. Whenever they advertised it, he'd give me a look and I'd burst into tears. That's the reason we stopped watching the news on that channel: my mother couldn't take me crying everytime an ad came on the channel. :lol:

if the parent had slapped the kid down to the floor would you still be laughing?

it really is the same thing.

abusing a 3-4 year old is not ever funny.

The trauma the child suffered is not any different than striking a child.

at least some of you have the wisdom to admit you are not ready to be parents

deep said:
if the parent had slapped the kid down to the floor would you still be laughing?

it really is the same thing.

abusing a 3-4 year old is not ever funny.

The trauma the child suffered is not any different than striking a child.

at least some of you have the wisdom to admit you are not ready to be parents

The kid WASN'T 3 or 4 (more like 13-14) and doesn't appear to me his parents "slapped the kid down to the floor"

Grow a sense of humor!!

perhaps he is 7-8 at most

and if you pay attention to any studies about pain

the impact to the brain
when this kid jumps up and starts
hitting the screen is no different than
what would be experienced if someone was physically hurting him and he was striking back.

U2democrat said:
I've done the same thing to my parents...it's hilarious :lmao:

I've never tried it on my parents! :lol: Payback for the damn Tommyknockers, haha.

My friends and I used to send these things to one another all the time. I'll never forget the first one I got in my email. It had cheesy boy band music playing in the background with an inspirational poem written in pink scrolling down the page. It was a real WTF moment. I began doubting my friend's masculinity. Then, when I least expected it, a giant decaying head appeared on the screen! I nearly hit the ceiling. It was hilarious. :lol:

They're funny for you. They're funny for me. They're funny to send to friends, parents (especially), spouses, etc.

They're not funny for a child. Sorry, but this is over the line for me.

stammer476 said:

They're not funny for a child. Sorry, but this is over the line for me.

I agree, and I don't think that means I don't have a sense of humor. Maybe someone who was humiliated by a parent like I was is more sensitive to something like that. I guess the way he was crying at the end had something to do with it too. I don't know why a parent would do something like that and then put it on the internet.

MrsSpringsteen said:

I don't know why a parent would do something like that and then put it on the internet.

If my father had have had a video camera handy when I was bawling because he had told me that there was a Tommyknocker sitting in my cupboard waiting for me to fall asleep so that it could dissect me in its spaceship, he probably would have sent the tape to America's Funniest Home Videos. We still joke about it to this day.

Some people just have darker senses of humour than others.

deep said:
perhaps he is 7-8 at most

and if you pay attention to any studies about pain

the impact to the brain
when this kid jumps up and starts
hitting the screen is no different than
what would be experienced if someone was physically hurting him and he was striking back.
If you discount the PHYSICAL PAIN, then yes, scaring someone and inflicting PHYSICAL PAIN is the same thing as scaring someone.

The kid's first reaction was funny. Jumping out of the chair to the other side of the room was funny. Bawling uncontrollably? Not funny.

GibsonGirl said:

If my father had have had a video camera handy when I was bawling because he had told me that there was a Tommyknocker sitting in my cupboard waiting for me to fall asleep so that it could dissect me in its spaceship, he probably would have sent the tape to America's Funniest Home Videos. We still joke about it to this day.

Some people just have darker senses of humour than others.

:lmao:

This reminds me of the time I was talking to my friends in my house at like midnight one night and, I guess I was telling a story but my mom walked up behind me in the darkness wearing all white (my nightmare. all little girl ghosts are always donned in white) and whispered my name.
I screamed and fell to the floor.
To this day, my friends don't let me forget about it.

Kids grow up. He's not going to be crying about this when he's 20, I ASSURE YOU.
He's going to show it to all his friends and they'll all have a good laugh about being a silly kid.

It would be different story if the kid was watching the screen and his parents just punched him in the back of his head. :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom