Me vs. Manut Bol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GARY#2

The Fly
No, it's too risky.

The guy's got reach. See what he did to the Fridge?

What were you thinking?

:down:

I actually encountered Manute in person a couple years ago.
Was going to Celts/Nets game 6 of Eastern Conf finals, waiting with 2 friends fro the 4th member of our entourage (who ahd the tix) in Fleetcenter lobby, when Manute and his entourage stepped out of the elevator. Man is he tall.
His reach is so long he could jab you from another time zone, don't do it.

Agreed.

This is more common denominator than Goulet form.

Every time I try to get out, this place sucks the life out of me.

:up:

zoney! said:
Gary Sucks!

right ace?

Sucks like a fox!!!!

Speaking of which, who is this Man-Ute character?? Sounds like someone I'd like!!!

Gary this just won't fly.

Where's the questionnaire? There's nothing to keep the waning attention span from lingering off to an easily digestable plot... the endless comparison of moot.

That's right Gary.

Unfortunately this conservative crowd would rather see Polls... than Poles.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
perhaps you and the fridge vs. manute and the other man-ute, shawn bradley in a goulet on a poll match.

lounge singers, tables, and Frears oh my.

SF, you read like a book in the beaded curtain section.

U2zoogirl said:
who is manute???

Manute
Manute Bol- 7 feet, 7 inches tall... Sudanese Dinka herdsman and twice NBA shot blocking leader. Parts of Northeast Africa are home to the most elongated peoples on earth. These tall, skinny cattle-herding Nilotic tribes like the Dinkas and Nuers presumably evolved their elegant and extraordinary shapes in order to disperse body heat as rapidly as possibly by maximizing surface area to volume. For example, Manute's sister is 6'-10". Manute grew up guarding his family's cattle. At 15 he killed a marauding lion with his spear. He was first handed a basketball at age 19 and told to try to dunk it. On his initial attempt he smashed several teeth on the rim. He soon became much sought after by American colleges, despite being, like everyone in his tribe, illiterate. Teammate Charles Barkley said Manute had to be the smartest person he ever met to be able adapt to such a radically different life in America as an adult.

manute01.jpg

Man-ute
One from Utah... see Shawn Bradley, and or Mofo
shawn_bradley_a.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom