md vs. mp3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
alright i have to make a decision between an mp3 player and a minidisc player. right now i'm leaning towards a sony mzn 707. it's got mdlp so i can record a good 3 hours onto an 80min. tape with good sound quality. it also has a remote on the head phone line(which is a MUST) and it is reasonably small.

this is a combination of things that i have not yet found in any mp3 player. does anyone know of one that has all these features?
also does have any opinion on the level of anti-skip protection which a sony md provides-i jog and work out so it needs to withstand all that.

any help would be appreciated.

I have a minidisc player (A Sharp one, not too fancy but does that job) and its pretty cool, the sound quality is great, personally I cant tell the difference compared to cd.
One thing I would say is make sure it has decent shock protection cos mine does tend to jump a litle :|
Anyway you can record mp3 onto minidisc so you have the best of both worlds
biggrin.gif
I would only consider getting an mp3 player if it was one that played mp3 cds that you can stick loads of em on, but even then it would be kinda big.
Anyway, guess this is useless to you in making your choice, happy listening whatever you decide.

------------------
look at the moon t-t-t-t-t when a horse runs through dark waters then the pig has no legs.

?*~darkcloud~*?

Back
Top Bottom