McNabb sucks thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
While my dislike for Terrell Owens was diminished tonight... my dislike for D.McNabb has only grown. I despise him because I think he's one of the most inacurate QBs going... any throw he makes that's beyond 15 yards, it takes a play by the WR to bring it in... it's never a play by the QB. McNabb throws a pick... it's turned back on a penalty... the very damned next play he throws it right back at a WR who's clearly covered, for another INT.

AAAAAnd he had another INT later.

He's horrific... he has so many underthrown and overthrown balls it's rediculous.

If not for Rush Limbaugh being an absolute idiot, perhaps we'd all realize how over-rated McNabb really is. He's not over-rated 'cause he's black. He's over-rated because he's just not that good.... period.

I'll bet Philly fans really wish they had Ricky Williams right now.

He was really just tossing a lot of balls up for grabs, throwing off his back foot, not textbook play by any means. Methinks Philly needs a new QB coach to work with him on technique.

This coming from an Eli Manning fan. :rolleyes:

So he had a shitty game last night. BIG FUCKING DEAL. Tom Brady didn't have a spectacular game either. He's REALLY lucky he wasn't picked a few times. Both QB's played equally shitty games last night, but Brady had better receivers and Philadelphia had worse CB's than NE did. Simple fact.

DaveC said:
This coming from an Eli Manning fan. :rolleyes:

So he had a shitty game last night. BIG FUCKING DEAL. Tom Brady didn't have a spectacular game either. He's REALLY lucky he wasn't picked a few times. Both QB's played equally shitty games last night, but Brady had better receivers and Philadelphia had worse CB's than NE did. Simple fact.

I totally disagree. You may hate Brady, but give me a break. There was only one time where one of his balls came close to being picked, and Branch made a hell of a catch. McNabb had many more poor throws than Brady did.

Now NE has better receivers? Owens and Westbrook looked pretty damn good to me still. I think our receivers, while always under appreciated, played better, but the Eagles have some good players of their own.

And the Eagles have three Pro Bowlers in their secondary. They aren't exactly bad back there. It's just that the Patriots are the better overall team and played better last night. It doesn't mean that Philly's CBs all of the sudden suck. They just came up against a superior team.

Regardless. This thread is idiotic nonetheless.

Yes, McNabb made some terrible decisions, but like I said, neither QB played particularly well, especially in the first half.

DaveC said:

Yes, McNabb made some terrible decisions, but like I said, neither QB played particularly well, especially in the first half.

thank you. I'm not a McNabb fan but the guy is a hell of a QB. He had a bad game but uh.....how bad can a guy be when he had a 104.7 QB RATING during the reg. season?

Brady's QB rating for the game was 110.2, thats what qualifies as mediocre these days I guess.
Did you see the replay of the Givens TD. They had a slo-mo closeup of Brady's face as he went through his progressions, no expression on his face till he looks all the way to the right and suddenly his eyes widen and you see his arm cock...completely poised, like always in big games...and of course pro bowler Lito Sheppard's look of disbelief as the ball sails past him for the TD.

Hewson said:
Brady's QB rating for the game was 110.2, thats what qualifies as mediocre these days I guess.
Did you see the replay of the Givens TD. They had a slo-mo closeup of Brady's face as he went through his progressions, no expression on his face till he looks all the way to the right and suddenly his eyes widen and you see his arm cock...completely poised, like always in big games...and of course pro bowler Lito Sheppard's look of disbelief as the ball sails past him for the TD.

That was a great slo-mo shot.

And in comparison, on the play where Harrison made the interception near the end zone, you could see on the replay how McNabb basically kept looking at the same receiver the whole way, allowing Harrison to make the proper read. These are little things that don't get talked about as much, but it's these types of things that make Brady such an unbelievable QB.

that was great...I don't think Brady had a bad game. He seemed a little off in the first half, but he ended up great as usual. He threw for 200 something and had 2 tds and no ints. The guy is amazing.

man brady's 110 rating 2 td 0 int 23-33 236 yard game sucked.

what game were you watching?

DaveC said:
Both QB's played equally shitty games last night

you said he was equally shitty to mcscrub, i mean mcnabb, who tossed 3 nice interceptions last night. i don't see how you can compare brady's night to mcnabbs and say they were equally shitty. it's like saying that porsche over there is just as nice as the 1989 ford taurus.

Hes not a accurate QB but he can get it done and puts it in a position for recievers to make a play. i dont think he used his legs enough but he has gotten away from that last 2 years. maybe a rush a game. he really was the factor for the birds though, good D, To played well, not great O line play, but mcnabb should have had points out of the 1 quater posession and on the 2nd pick we had a great drive going. i stand by him though, hes our guy and i have a good feeling we'll be back, maybe against the Pats too.

i was waiting for an eli reference... i wonder what took so long.

eli sucks right now... oh well... i'm a giants fan, so obviously i'm gonna defend him. i'm rooting for his future, not his current.

mcnabb's future is now... he's supposed to be this fantastic quarterback, yet every time i watch him play he throws countless balls into his reciever's feet, over their heads, etc. etc. his accuracy troubles me... and seeing as he's the one throwing the ball, accuracy is fairly important. he's held to a standard of being a great quarterback, yet his performances time and time again show him to be merely mediocre.

mcnabb threw some of the worst throws i have ever seen in this game. he throws an horrific pass that's picked off in the endzone, but gets it back after a penalty. so the very next play... the VERY next play... he throws an even worse ball right to rodney harrison. you've got to be kidding me. he's #2 on my most over-rated list, right behind michael vick (so as you can tell... watching the NFC Championship game was like having my eyes plucked out with a blunt object)

Headache in a Suitcase said:
he's #2 on my most over-rated list, right behind michael vick (so as you can tell... watching the NFC Championship game was like having my eyes plucked out with a blunt object)

You and Rush Limbough share a point of view, give me a break he cant be that bad. a Superbowl quarterback who had a great year and his best year passing. Eli will be good also while you bring it up. Just be patient.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...2004/02/08/bc.fbn.eagles.mcnabb.ap/index.html

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Donovan McNabb was so ill in the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl that a Philadelphia Eagles teammate called one play in the huddle, center Hank Fraley told a TV station.

"He fought to the end. He gave it his all," Fraley said on Comcast SportsNet in a show aired Monday night. "He could hardly call the plays -- that's how exhausted he was trying to give it his all. If you remember back when we played Jacksonville two years ago and he ended up puking, it was close to that scene. He exhausted everything he had."

Eagles spokesman Derek Boyko said Tuesday that McNabb wasn't injured during Philadelphia's 24-21 loss to the New England Patriots. However, McNabb could have been feeling sick -- he fought a cold earlier in the week.

McNabb was shaky at times in Sunday's game. He passed for 357 yards and three touchdowns, but he also threw three interceptions.

The quarterback misfired on several passes early, held the ball too long at other times, and made several poor decisions. One of the best scramblers in the NFL, McNabb had zero yards rushing on just one carry and was sacked four times.

He struggled in particular in the fourth quarter, getting picked off twice and looking slow in getting the team moving late.

"He didn't get a play call in one time," Fraley said. "He mumbled and (receiver) Freddie Mitchell yelled out the play we were trying to bring in. He was puking at the same time, trying to hold it in."

McNabb left Tuesday for Hawaii, where he will start for the NFC in Sunday's Pro Bowl. His agent did not immediately return a phone call Tuesday.

The QB had the best season of his six-year NFL career, leading the Eagles to the Super Bowl for the first time since 1981 after three straight losses in the NFC championship game.

McNabb set a team record with 3,875 yards passing and became the first NFL player to throw for more than 30 touchdowns (31) and fewer than 10 interceptions (eight). His passer rating of 104.7 ranked second in the NFC.

mkdominatr said:

You and Rush Limbough share a point of view, give me a break he cant be that bad. a Superbowl quarterback who had a great year and his best year passing. Eli will be good also while you bring it up. Just be patient.

yea thanks for that... unfortunatly my reasoning on why mcnabb is over-rated isn't because he's black... it's based soley on his performances.

i give mcnabb credit for this season... he finally stayed in the pocket instead of trying to scramble all over the place on every play. buuuuut... look at his numbers pre-TO... look at his numbers with TO... and then look at his numbers post-TO... that tells the difference right there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom