McNabb sucks thread. - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2005, 01:48 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC
Both QB's played equally shitty games last night
you said he was equally shitty to mcscrub, i mean mcnabb, who tossed 3 nice interceptions last night. i don't see how you can compare brady's night to mcnabbs and say they were equally shitty. it's like saying that porsche over there is just as nice as the 1989 ford taurus.

Old 02-07-2005, 02:26 PM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 07:38 AM
Mcnabb sucks. Especially as a 2 minute QB.

Old 02-07-2005, 07:25 PM   #18
Refugee

Hes not a accurate QB but he can get it done and puts it in a position for recievers to make a play. i dont think he used his legs enough but he has gotten away from that last 2 years. maybe a rush a game. he really was the factor for the birds though, good D, To played well, not great O line play, but mcnabb should have had points out of the 1 quater posession and on the 2nd pick we had a great drive going. i stand by him though, hes our guy and i have a good feeling we'll be back, maybe against the Pats too.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:33 AM   #19
Blue Crack Distributor

i was waiting for an eli reference... i wonder what took so long.

eli sucks right now... oh well... i'm a giants fan, so obviously i'm gonna defend him. i'm rooting for his future, not his current.

mcnabb's future is now... he's supposed to be this fantastic quarterback, yet every time i watch him play he throws countless balls into his reciever's feet, over their heads, etc. etc. his accuracy troubles me... and seeing as he's the one throwing the ball, accuracy is fairly important. he's held to a standard of being a great quarterback, yet his performances time and time again show him to be merely mediocre.

mcnabb threw some of the worst throws i have ever seen in this game. he throws an horrific pass that's picked off in the endzone, but gets it back after a penalty. so the very next play... the VERY next play... he throws an even worse ball right to rodney harrison. you've got to be kidding me. he's #2 on my most over-rated list, right behind michael vick (so as you can tell... watching the NFC Championship game was like having my eyes plucked out with a blunt object)
Old 02-08-2005, 03:12 PM   #20
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
he's #2 on my most over-rated list, right behind michael vick (so as you can tell... watching the NFC Championship game was like having my eyes plucked out with a blunt object)

You and Rush Limbough share a point of view, give me a break he cant be that bad. a Superbowl quarterback who had a great year and his best year passing. Eli will be good also while you bring it up. Just be patient.
Old 02-08-2005, 04:22 PM   #21
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 03:38 AM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Donovan McNabb was so ill in the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl that a Philadelphia Eagles teammate called one play in the huddle, center Hank Fraley told a TV station.

"He fought to the end. He gave it his all," Fraley said on Comcast SportsNet in a show aired Monday night. "He could hardly call the plays -- that's how exhausted he was trying to give it his all. If you remember back when we played Jacksonville two years ago and he ended up puking, it was close to that scene. He exhausted everything he had."

Eagles spokesman Derek Boyko said Tuesday that McNabb wasn't injured during Philadelphia's 24-21 loss to the New England Patriots. However, McNabb could have been feeling sick -- he fought a cold earlier in the week.

McNabb was shaky at times in Sunday's game. He passed for 357 yards and three touchdowns, but he also threw three interceptions.

The quarterback misfired on several passes early, held the ball too long at other times, and made several poor decisions. One of the best scramblers in the NFL, McNabb had zero yards rushing on just one carry and was sacked four times.

He struggled in particular in the fourth quarter, getting picked off twice and looking slow in getting the team moving late.

"He didn't get a play call in one time," Fraley said. "He mumbled and (receiver) Freddie Mitchell yelled out the play we were trying to bring in. He was puking at the same time, trying to hold it in."

McNabb left Tuesday for Hawaii, where he will start for the NFC in Sunday's Pro Bowl. His agent did not immediately return a phone call Tuesday.

The QB had the best season of his six-year NFL career, leading the Eagles to the Super Bowl for the first time since 1981 after three straight losses in the NFC championship game.

McNabb set a team record with 3,875 yards passing and became the first NFL player to throw for more than 30 touchdowns (31) and fewer than 10 interceptions (eight). His passer rating of 104.7 ranked second in the NFC.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 02-08-2005, 04:36 PM   #22
Refugee

Yes i saw that show. regardless how he felt on that drive, that game wasnt lost or won there...
Old 02-09-2005, 11:22 PM   #23
War Child

Honestly, how good could a player from Syracuse be?
Old 02-10-2005, 04:57 AM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ohn&id=1988030

Donovan McNabb doesn't make excuses for himself. Hank Fraley probably shouldn't make excuses for him either.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:57 AM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

I'll have to ask Jim Brown that question.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:50 AM   #26
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by mkdominatr

You and Rush Limbough share a point of view, give me a break he cant be that bad. a Superbowl quarterback who had a great year and his best year passing. Eli will be good also while you bring it up. Just be patient.
yea thanks for that... unfortunatly my reasoning on why mcnabb is over-rated isn't because he's black... it's based soley on his performances.

i give mcnabb credit for this season... he finally stayed in the pocket instead of trying to scramble all over the place on every play. buuuuut... look at his numbers pre-TO... look at his numbers with TO... and then look at his numbers post-TO... that tells the difference right there.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:08 PM   #27
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
I'll have to ask Jim Brown that question.
Different era. The Orange were actually good back then.