McLeod's Daughters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dulce de Leche

War Child
Am I the only lame person who sometimes watches this show on We?

:lmao:

Is it on a mainstream channel in Australia? Is it popular there? I am curious....

It's really not a great show; just your average evening drama, but with Australian accents....I can't get enough of that! :drool: :love:

Dulce de Leche said:
Am I the only lame person who sometimes watches this show on We?

Is it on a mainstream channel in Australia? Is it popular there? I am curious....

It's really not a great show; just your average evening drama, but with Australian accents....I can't get enough of that! :drool: :love:

The show is on a mainstream free to air channel here in Australia, and it is a popular show. I've only watched half an episode of it though.

Beli
Has it been airing there for a while? I was wonder how far behind the Australia airing we are because WE will have the season finally and then two weeks later it will be the new season premiere.

You got that cool accent too don't you! I'm jealous!:wink:

The shows been going for years.

I don't have that accent at all. The actors in that show have horrid Sydney accents. :|

I'm originally from the outback and sound completely different.

Thank you for the site beli :bow:

It looks like they changed a character so we must be really behind.

From the outback I'm sure you have a cool accent. I'm from California don't have even a hint of accent whatsoever :|

anadgemila said:

From the outback I'm sure you have a cool accent. I'm from California don't have even a hint of accent whatsoever :|

You can't not have an accent. You've probably got a Californian accent. Everyones got an accent.

anadgemila said:
Not really, it's the boring version of accents.

Thanks for all the McLeod's info...my pillow is calling. Have a good night or is it day there? :wave:

California accents are really quite distinct. The people I have met from California have much louder accents than mine. lol.

Tis day time here. Nighty night :wave:

i dont watch it but its filmed around these parts (Adelaide)
i have seen some of the actors around town from time to time.
only just the other week i saw the short petite girl filming on rundle st...also one of the guys pops into my local occasionally...i would namedrop only...i dont know there names!

Really? They sound different than most of the Sydney people I've met. :hmm:

Wow, so the show has been on awhile. Last week we had the episode where the youngest girl (can't remember her name now) got married for 5 minutes to the Italian guy, then changed her mind.

Next episode she is apparently going to go crazy on the rebound.

Fun times!

Thanks for the info beli! :hug:

well, for starters i absolutely cringe every time an australian is talking next ot an american. i reckon we sound so bloody awful. then i also cringe because i dont actually believe in regional differences in language. largely and very, very (very) loosely speaking, perhaps there is, but speech is as unique almost as a fingerprint. in america for example, this might be different, as i know there's some afflections which vary in some states but there's a great number of individuals who wont match whatever stereotype you want to throw.
i think this came about from arguing with some limp dicked arse i met through some friends who tried telling me there was something fucking wrong with sydney accents, but what a surprise, couldn't actually pinpoint any difference between ours and his superior melbourne one. now when people try and point it out, i want to tell them to fuck off because i get immediately defensive and cannot stand the whole one upmanship bullshit.

:zen:

did i mention i have issues?
:lol:

Back
Top Bottom