Mazzy Star and/or Cake Live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got an average quality recording of 'Fade Into You' from some TV special or something. I prefer the studio version though. I like the echoey thing in the vox.

It's also one of my favourite songs ever.

The only official release I'm aware of (from Mazzy Star) is the in-studio performance of Flowers in December from some radio station CD.

I was hoping people may have boots to share.

I quite like Cake also. Oddly enough, I like their more recent stuff much more than their early stuff. I wouldnt mind seeing them live, I'm sure it would be enjoyable. Fun music. :up:

Fade into You is so great, I mean I know next to nothing about Mazzy Star but that song is just so great (even if, or especially because, it sounds a lot like knockin' on heaven's door).

Kieran McConville said:
Fade into You is so great, I mean I know next to nothing about Mazzy Star but that song is just so great (even if, or especially because, it sounds a lot like knockin' on heaven's door).

Ok, I'm stumped. You being serious here or not? I can understand you having genuine appreciation for Mazzy Star, who doesn't? But Knockin' on Heaven's Door????
:lol:

Well I am kinda serious yes, Angie. I'm not saying I LOVE LOVE LOVE Knockin on Heaven's Door, but the chord progression in the verses is reminiscent, yes? Which in no way disses the song.

You get those coincidences quite a lot, I heard a Gillian Welch song the other day that was a hair's breadth away from sounding like Cortez by Neil Young.

Back
Top Bottom