Maximum speed at which you have driven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was driving the route number by accident one time...95 mph on Interstate 95. :uhoh: I have a lead foot so I usually hit the cruise control at 75. It's only 20 mph over the speed limit! :wink:

85, maybe almost 90. I usually never go over 65 or 70 at the most, but I was trying to get the hell down the road because I was spooked there were no exits for 67 miles! I was in Wyoming. Being from the east where there are well stocked exits every 5 to 10 miles it blew my mind to see a sign saying there were no services for that long and I was terrified! I thought, NOTHING is here, what if I break down, even though I have AAA who's coming? There was no one else on the road and I thought, okay, I'm gonna just put it to the floor and blow this empty space away!

between 95 and 100 but don't think I got quite to 100. It was on my driving shift on one of my many spring break road trips for southwestern Florida. We had my friend's parent's mini-van crammed to the ceiling with 6 peopl and 8 days worth of camping stuff. Coming down the steep mountain grades in the Appalachians, using the breaks cased the van to shake and vibrate violently. Everyone was sleeping and hardly anyone else was on the road so I just let the thing coast!

when I drive to the beach I usually go 80-85 unless there's bad traffic b/c cops hardly ever watch that stretch of road. We (as in friends, family, and most of the people I know) usually drive about 80 on our highways and it's rarely ticketed b/c there's like a 5mph margin of error and going 75 is only 5 mph over the speed limit. :shrug:

Last edited:
Uhm. 140mph when I had my Mazda RX7 like 10yrs ago... was on a southen california busy freeway too... in the slow lane :| I know I know... stupid.... I dont do that anymore.

Kariann said:
90-95mph when my dad had a '68 Camaro. It was when I was learning to drive and he told me to floor it...so I did. :D

I caught myself going 80mph down the freeway today.

where i live, you do 80 in the slow lane.

crazy massholes.

:wink:

uhmm... ONE TIME ONLY in summer-- driving an 80s Buick Regal 90mph on fast lane somewhere/in the middle of nowhere in thick fog around 4am for 10 minutes. (car was on CRUISE CONTROL, for some reason incrementally gaining speed, shaking like the NC-1701A Enterprise pushing its limits) :yikes: :uhoh:

Last edited:
The fastest I've gone is 110mph (177kph), in my lowly '94 Saturn. I was driving back home from LA on I-5, and hit a nice pocket of drivers who were all going fast, so I got in the middle and probably averaged 95mph for a good hour and a half.

Last edited:
IWasBored said:
i drove a golfcart about 30mph backwards once....that was...interesting...
ahh a kindred spirit. I was once told that I can drive better backwards than forwards. Comes in handy on our long one-way driveway.
I don't think I want to admit it in public. I'm a bit of a lead foot at times. I only do it when it's safe. I think all the kangaroos that leap out at you around here hones your reaction time..
Dr Teeth :lmao: good one...my sister and I had an old Hillman years ago.We had to reverse it up a dark steep hill one night :laugh: I wish we still had it. My bro-in- law had an old black and yellow Vauxhall and he painted the road runner on the side of it. Classic
this car- loving thing must be contagious. It is about all my two eldest sons talk about :rolleyes:

as a cop...doofus. :lol:

120MPH on the Jersey Turnpike (ten minutes later I was pulled over for doing 73 in a 55).

About a month ago, I was doing 110MPH in Manitoba...I mean, the posted speed limit was 110KPH...so if I was pulled over, I was going to play the "stupid, ignorant American"

cass said:

ahh a kindred spirit. I was once told that I can drive better backwards than forwards. Comes in handy on our long one-way driveway.
I don't think I want to admit it in public. I'm a bit of a lead foot at times. I only do it when it's safe. I think all the kangaroos that leap out at you around here hones your reaction time..
Dr Teeth :lmao: good one...my sister and I had an old Hillman years ago.We had to reverse it up a dark steep hill one night :laugh: I wish we still had it. My bro-in- law had an old black and yellow Vauxhall and he painted the road runner on the side of it. Classic
this car- loving thing must be contagious. It is about all my two eldest sons talk about :rolleyes:

the reason i was driving backwards was cos the golfcart actually went faster backwards than forwards. i ended up crashing into the fence around the tennis courts...there was a gonverner on the thing so it would only go about 15mph, but if you floored it in reverse you'd get up to about 30mph. (this was at work, by the way) after lunch we used to take them and drag race around the track when the grounds guys were on vacation.

A full-haired Mr. BAW in his younger days instructing Ponch (Erik Estrada) in the safe operation of a motorcycle....

33%3B82%3C3523232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2326%3D8%3A%3A%3D83%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2323632%3A74%3B52ot1lsi

Mr. BAW has Zoney in his headlights! Whispers to Zoney.."I'll see you in Toronto!!!!" :macdevil:

33%3B82%3C3523232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2326%3D8%3A%3A%3D83%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2323632%3A74%3B53ot1lsi

Last edited:
Mr. BAW said:
A full-haired Mr. BAW in his younger days instructing Ponch (Erik Estrada) in the safe operation of a motorcycle....

33%3B82%3C3523232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2326%3D8%3A%3A%3D83%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2323632%3A74%3B52ot1lsi

Mr. BAW has Zoney in his headlights! Whispers to Zoney.."I'll see you in Toronto!!!!" :macdevil:

33%3B82%3C3523232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2326%3D8%3A%3A%3D83%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2323632%3A74%3B53ot1lsi

YEAHHHHHHH, PONCHARELLO!!! MR. BAW, YOU'RE FANTASTIC, YOU'RE GREAT!!!!!!!!!!
:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

:wink: Oh, how cool Mr.B!! Me See..fastest I ever went was 100mph, from LA to Las Vegas in a Toyota yet at my sister-in-law's instruction! And this is after my younger Brother asked to borrow my car-then came back and told me how fast my car was!:hmm:

Wow, people have not gone nearly as fast as I anticipated. I thought I'd for sure be the slowest at ~97 mph! I suppose this is a good thing...

115 mph from LA back to Phoenix in my old Civic SI.....I think I had to average 100 mph most of that drive!! Ahhh....to be young and stupid again. I rarely go over 75 now.

-Waz

probably 90-95 mph. I normally drive around 80 on the freeway (the speed limit is 70 here). I once got pulled over in Cleveland for doing 70 in a 50 zone, i didn't even realize i was speeding cause none of the freeways have speed limits anywhere near that low in southern california, luckily she just gave me a warning.

Last edited:
Let me put it this way: If I get another ticket, I will have my driving privileges revoked.

We all should obey the law and drive safely. If I don't, I wont be driving at all.:(

Back
Top Bottom