Matthew Good: White Light Rock and Roll Review

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pinball Wizard

Refugee
Although I haven't been partial to his solo work thus far, Matt Good's latest album has an appealing quality to it. Possibly due to the Who's Isle of Wight influence, and the less polished approach to recording. I believe the tracks were put down in less than two weeks, and the result is a decent rock album. The first half has some fast straight-up rock tunes... and you can hear the townshend-esque rhythm on the first track. Things soften up in the middle, but overall I found the record to be redeeming. Much more akin to MGB's Underdog and Beautiful Midnight days...

Anyone else have thoughts? Or hate-postings for Matt Good?

:sexywink:

I think I'll be picking this disc up....I have everything else, except Ghetto whatever, so I best get this to satisfy my collecting needs.

That and I hear he actually rocks in this one.

good to hear

i really didn't like his first solo album. had it for 2 weeks and then sold it on ebay.

first single sounds promising so i'll prbably give it a listen.

i miss MGB...he was much better than. :sad:

Last edited:
I don't plan on ever hearing a matt good solo song.

The MGB was good for highschool...what with apparitions and the like...but after that basically everything he did followed the exact same formula. How many times do I have to listen to recycled Everything is Automatic?

I think I sw him live a few months back.

not overly impressed...but I could be getting people confused.

you know. well....

Basstrap said:
How many times do I have to listen to recycled Everything is Automatic?

Yeah... it all manifested in the tragic Audio of Being. That's why I was somewhat optimistic by this new album. By no means is it revolutionary for Good, but there's a little more melody and a little less displaced crass (in comparison to latter MGB work, and his first solo effort).

Lyrically it isn't much to throw at... consolation: he's a slightly better guitar player now.

Basstrap said:
How many times do I have to listen to recycled Everything is Automatic?

I give up, how many is it?

The only song of "his" (MGB really) that I like is that one....the one that's sad or whatever.:|

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom