Matilda Mother - an early Floyd classic!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
There was a king who ruled the land
His majesty was in command...

Matilda Mother... a song that's so colourful both lyrically and musically that I think it's an underrated early classic! And that instrumental break after 'yes they did' is to die for! :love: :combust:

And here's a random drug hazed pic for you guys... :wink:
floyd_piper.jpg

Zootlesque said:
There was a king who ruled the land
His majesty was in command...

Matilda Mother... a song that's so colourful both lyrically and musically that I think it's an underrated early classic! And that instrumental break after 'yes they did' is to die for! :love: :combust:

And here's a random drug hazed pic for you guys... :wink:
floyd_piper.jpg

:up:

I'm not terribly wild on Matilda Mother, but it's far from my least favourite on the album! That lovely title goes to Chapter 24. :yuck: I really like the interplay between Rick and Syd in Matilda Mother. Rick has such a nice voice.

A nice big PATGOD picture of Rick and Syd!

But still, as far as Piper goes, I tend to enjoy songs like Astronomy Domine, Flaming, Lucifer Sam and Bike far more. Long live Syd and his whimsy. :(

and on a related note( :wink:)

I was listening to "Mother " today and it really got to me...............

especially at the end when Roger sings ...."Mother, did it need to be so high? " :sad:

Yes, Mother can be very difficult to listen to, along with several other songs on The Wall. It's such a sad song. :sigh: I'm glad I never had parents who were quite so overbearing.

GibsonGirl said:
Yes, Mother can be very difficult to listen to, along with several other songs on The Wall. It's such a sad song. :sigh: I'm glad I never had parents who were quite so overbearing.

yea I know....:sad:

the wall along with The final cut are the saddest Pink Floyd albums

"Through the fish eyed lens of tear stained eyes, I can barely define the shape of this moment in time " :sad:

I love this song

Last edited:
GibsonGirl said:

me too.

It's such a touching song, one of my favorites from The Wall.

I find Nobody Home to be sadder though.

but it still doesn't compare to Nigel Tufnel's "Mach" piece Lick My Love Pump.

xaviMF22 said:

yea I know....:sad:

the wall along with The final cut are the saddest Pink Floyd albums

"Through the fish eyed lens of tear stained eyes, I can barely define the shape of this moment in time " :sad:

I love this song

Seriously, The Final Cut. Roger Waters has never written more emotionally charged lyrics about betrayal and the possibility of betrayal, than he did with the title track. There are so many other lines that really get to me too. Like...

Sweetheart, sweetheart
Are you fast asleep? Good.
That's the only time that I can really speak to you

Oh man. :sigh:

Have you heard The Hero's Return Part 2?

http://www.you sendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=F124BAFC44254097

Jesus Christ I might as well be dead
I can't see how dangerous it must feel to be
Training human cogs for the machine
Without some shell-shocked lunatic like me

Bombarding their still soft shores
With sticks and stones that were lying around
In the pile of unspeakable feelings I'd found...

...when I turned back the stone
Turned over the stone
Of my own disappointment
Back home...

Now before I derail this entirely! How awesome is the Matilda Mother outro? "Ahhhhhh..." It sounds so nice, complimented by Wright's little organ fills.

GibsonGirl said:

Seriously, The Final Cut. Roger Waters has never written more emotionally charged lyrics about betrayal and the possibility of betrayal, than he did with the title track. There are so many other lines that really get to me too. Like...

Oh man. :sigh:

Have you heard The Hero's Return Part 2?

http://www.you sendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=F124BAFC44254097

Now before I derail this entirely! How awesome is the Matilda Mother outro? "Ahhhhhh..." It sounds so nice, complimented by Wright's little organ fills.

Thank you GG for the links...and again I agree:up:

GibsonGirl said:
I'm not terribly wild on Matilda Mother, but it's far from my least favourite on the album! That lovely title goes to Chapter 24. :yuck: I really like the interplay between Rick and Syd in Matilda Mother. ...

But still, as far as Piper goes, I tend to enjoy songs like Astronomy Domine, Flaming, Lucifer Sam and Bike far more. Long live Syd and his whimsy. :(

Twinz!! :D

GibsonGirl said:
How awesome is the Matilda Mother outro? "Ahhhhhh..." It sounds so nice, complimented by Wright's little organ fills.

Yes! :drool:

But I like the instrumental bridge more.

Back
Top Bottom