Master and Commander

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bayernfc

Refugee
Anyone going to see this?

The trailer looks good. Being a huge Russell Crowe fan I'll probably see it this weekend if I can catch a break from work.

Last edited:
I want to see it!

Russell Crowe in a Napoleonic uniform. :drool:

I wish they'd combine Master and Commander, Pirates of the Caribbean and Horatio Hornblower into one giant film. :hmm:

bono_man2002 said:
dont really like Russell
might go and see it though

My thoughts exactly.

It seems like the kind of movie I'd like, but at the same time Crowe makes me a little standoff-ish. I dont know, I really liked Gladiator, so I suppose I could end up liking this too.

Well, what an eventful day it was, Dear Diary. On my way out of court where I paid a fine of $40,000 (carefully counted out in small change) and promised never to talk to Raymond again, who should I bump into but Russell Crowe and his pile of shit.

Naturally, I jumped at this opportunity and quickly convinced Russell to join me for an interview about his sterling career.

We adjourned to a downtown bar, myself on one side of the table, Russell and his pile of shit on the other. By this time his pile of shit was really beginning to smell (this being a warm day), so I politely asked Russell if he wouldn't mind taking it outside. Russell indicated that he did mind, very much so, and in the end I dropped it.

After an hour or two of hard liquor consumption, and several abortive groping episodes, Russell was finally ready to commence our interview. I politely ignored his now reeking pile of shit and steeled myself to begin.

Dear Diary: So Russell, you are certainly riding high at the moment...
Russell Crowe: What the fuck is that supposed to mean?
DD: Simply that you are riding high at the moment.
RC: Yeah? Is that right?
DD: I believe so, yes.
RC: (focusing with difficulty on his interrogator) Yeah? You might want to check your facts, how about I check your facts? Hey? You want me to take you to the cleaners?
DD: Russell.
RC: You want a helping hand from ol' Russell? Cause I can give it to you, better believe it...
DD: Russell.
RC: What the fuck are you trying to impute...
DD: Russell, shut up. Let's talk about your band.
RC: Band?
DD: Yes, Russell, your band.
RC: What about it?
DD: Mainly, just why you felt the need for it.
RC: Rock is what it's about. Thirty Odd Foot of Grunt is pure rock. I am the greatest actor in the world.
DD: Thirty Odd Foot of Russ, har har.
RC: What? What did you say?
DD: Have another drink, Russell.
RC: Fuck you.
DD: Sure. Whatever. I'm losing interest rapidly here, Russell.
RC: I could fuck you over, mate. Wanna see how?
DD: Tell me about your mother, Russell.
RC: (makes lunge for Dear Diary) Fuck you!
DD: (grabs Russell in a headlock, both of us beginning an awkward little dance around the bar table) What's that Russell? Tell me about your mother, Russell!
RC: (now choking on his own vomit) Arraaccckh!! Fruaauckyou!!
DD: Shut up Russell! Let's talk about Gladiator and why it fails on so many levels, shall we?
RC: (collapses semi-conscious in the corner) Garrrghh...
DD: (giving Russell a swift kick to the gut) Wake up, Russell! I want to talk about Gladiator!
RC: Brwwrooooaa...
DD: And about your mother, Russell. Mustn't forget her.
RC: Arrrrccgg.
DD: (kicks Russell again in the guts) Why, Russell? Why did you feel the need to form Thirty Odd Foot of Grunt? Who told you that you could do that?
RC: Huh?
DD: Tell me about your mother, Russell.
RC: Mother?
DD: That's right, Russell. Your mother.
RC: My mother's dead.
DD: So what? She was alive at some point, wasn't she?
RC: I uh... guess.
DD: So tell me about her.
RC: Uuuuh... (groans)
DD: Never mind. Let's talk about Gladiator instead. Or, better yet, let's talk about why you feel the need to grope and lick people inappropriately.
RC: Fuck you! I'm the greatest actor in the world!
DD: Oh really. Can you verify that?
RC: Yeah, fuck you.
DD: (administering yet another kick in the guts) No, never mind Russell - tell me about your mother!
RC: Gaaah...
DD: Tell me about your mother, Russell. Tell me about Gladiator, tell me about your band, let's talk about sex...
RC: Guaaahh?
DD: Yes. Let's talk about sex. What it is, where it is, and how people can avoid becoming embroiled in yours.
RC: Huuu...
DD: Any advice for the fans, Russell? And by the way, what is that steaming pile of shit you carry around with you?

(to be continued at some later stage).

:sad:

Indeed, I shall gather my girlfriends, we all are very fond of Russell. It should be a great film/night out.
His son is due fairly soon, he's doing a nice thing and not drinking alcohol, because Danille can't. He's also getting into shape for a new movie role where he plays a boxer.
I was watching some music video clips yesterday and I think that Jewel looks a lot like Danielle.
I wish my sister and her husband didn't live so far away( the other side of Australia). He LOVES maritime stories, it would be good to watch it with him....but I'll opt for the girls...'cept I just know they are going to chat and :drool: and chat and :heart: all the way through it....:)
Russ is OK...imho:up:Maybe Russ will organise a premiere for the Axemen...he's very community minded.

short answer :yes: I'll go see it....it was filmed in Mexico also...it seems so long ago now. I rememebr RC having scuba lessons near here in preparation and me ending up with his chili sauce:lmao: that was a looooooooooong time ago now
the girls:heart:

OK I'll :silent:

I saw it this afternoon, I personally thought it was fantastic. Maybe it's because I wasnt expecting too much, but I REALLY enjoyed this movie.

For all the LOTR fans out there, 'Pippin' is in this movie also.

Back
Top Bottom