Massive Attack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
Okay, I know they just had a new Cd come out...but I've heard so much hype about Mezzanie..I was just wondering...does anyone have it? Is it worth getting? Will I really enjoy it, or will it move directly to the bottom of the Cd rack, a la Avril Lavigne, after one or two listens?

Avril Lavigne huh? Well, Massive Attack dont shop at Hot Topic so it probaby wont be that bad.

I have all the Massive Attack albums and most of their b-sides, remixes etc. I consider them to be one of the finest groups of music creators around. Mezzanine is brilliant, mindbending, haunting, groovy, quietly beautiful. In my opinion it is their best album by a decent margin. It is the best album to sleep to, to study to, to #%!# to, driving with it on at night might scare you shitless though. You may listen to it once, think to yourself.. hmm this is kinda weird and boring and send it on to the bottom. But it deserves much better for sure. It's definately NOTHING like Avril Lavigne.. practically the opposite. It could take some getting into though. I would say you would be much better off to be having that CD in your collection.

As far as 100th Window.. it has the best cover of all their albums, the music on it is quite good. It hasn't had a chance to grow on me. It's really dark and spooky, def worth hearing, but cannot beat Mezzanine I don't think.

I'm not as big a fan of Massive Attack as SkeeK (or a fan at all really), but I liked the song 'Protection' they did with Tracey Thorn. And 'Unfinished Sympathy' and a couple of other tunes with Tricky on vocals.

Damn, that's another group to try and get into.

Let me just say one thing:

::looks around and whispers::

I hooked up with a guy twice this week--once to 100th Window and once to Mezzanine.

Take *that* for what it's worth. :sexywink:

paxetaurora said:
Let me just say one thing:

::looks around and whispers::

I hooked up with a guy twice this week--once to 100th Window and once to Mezzanine.

Take *that* for what it's worth. :sexywink:

*rushes off to buy cd*

I :heart: Mezzanine. Definitely worth it. I like what I've heard of 100th Window so far (as well as some of their other albums), but Mezzanine is my favorite.

Back
Top Bottom