massive attack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
unless i've missed it, there really hasn't been a lot of talk about this group on this message board.

anyone else have their massive bestof set, 'collected'? stellar stuff, from front to back.

though i'll be the first to admit, i like their newer stuff a LOT better by comparison.

they also make fantastic videos, go to youtube and see for yourself. or buy the best of, cause it comes with loads of videos too. that's why it cost 37 dollars :|

check this one out:

Massive Attack - False Flags

Last edited:
I've always loved their hits like Protection (w/ Tracey Thorn), Teardrop (w/ Liz Fraser), Karmacoma etc. A few months back I decided to get Mezzanine finally. I liked the album but wasn't blown away by it. But this thread is making me want to give it another spin! Protection and Teardrop are absolutely gorgeous! :drool:

oh baby yes, that they are.

while you're at it, give "incantations", and "angel" a go too.

Angel is AWESOME! Dark, sexy, slightly menacing.

Their greatest hits collection is on my wish list, but I do have Protection and Mezzanine. I used to have Blue Lines but don't anymore (probably sold it back in '97 to get my Popmart ticket). :(

Angel is a fantastic slow seductive opening to Mezzanine! :drool: I love Risingson too! I like how Teardrop is gaining more exposure thru House!

Teardrop is one of my most favourite songs ever. The first time I heard it I had a shiver running down my spine; it's absolutely sublime, :heart:

I quite like the whole Mezzanine album too, once performed a bellydance routine to Inertia Creeps, :) I liked Blue Lines less, but it's still got some stellar tracks like Unfinished Sympathy and Safe From Harm.

Zoomerang96 said:

anyone else have their massive bestof set, 'collected'? stellar stuff, from front to back.

yes. amazing stuff.

:up:

I saw them live, last September, at the Hollywood Bowl; crappy venue, but MA's show was great.

They had this cool LCD light show where they were backlit the entire show and the LCD "towers" just bleeped and blitzed out amazing lighting effects behind them. It was so frickin' cool!

"Future Proof" :drool: :drool:

"Protection" (with the woman from Everything But The Girl) :combust: :combust:

FitzChivalry said:
"Protection" (with the woman from Everything But The Girl) :combust: :combust:

:combust: I love Tracey Thorn's voice so much, I went and bought EBTG's best of, Like The Deserts Miss The Rain. It's really good!

Zootlesque said:

:combust: I love Tracey Thorn's voice so much, I went and bought EBTG's best of, Like The Deserts Miss The Rain. It's really good!

I really like her voice a lot, too, but the funny thing is, I can't stand Elizabeth Frazier's voice. "Teardrop" is a WONDERFUL song, ruined for me by her voice, whereas, "Protection" is a gorgeous song, made EVEN BETTER by Tracey Thorn's voice.

Odd, how my tastes can differ like that.

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel Love them, but like a lot of posters, I only have Protection and Mezzanine. I need to get more of their stuff.

I recommend 100th Window. Great album! :up:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom