Marshall Mather's LP=Masterpiece

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gherman

New Yorker
Album: Marshall Mathers LP Song: Kill You

(a line with a * before it indicates a part I wasn't sure about) (Gently Rapping:)
When I was just a little baby boy my mamma used to tell me these crazy things
She used to tell me my daddy was an evil man, she used to tell me he hated me
But then I got a little bit older and I realized she was the crazy one
But there was nothing I could try to say or do to change her 'cause that's just the way she was

(Violently Rapping:)
They say I can't rap about being broke no more
They didn't say I can't rap about coke no more (female voice: ahhhh!)
Slut! You think I won't choke no whore,
Till her vocal cords don't work in her throat no more (same sampled female voice: ahhhh!)
These motherf*ckers are thinking I'm playin', thinking I'm sayin'
This sh*t 'cause I'm thinkin' it just to be sayin' it (ahhhh!)
Put your hands down, b*tch, I ain't gonna shoot you
I'm gonna pull YOU to this bullet and put it thru you! (ahhhh!)
Shut up, Slut! You're causing too much chaos
Just bend over and take like a slut...ok ma!
"Oh, now he's raping his own mother, abusing her
*Worse, snortin' coke, and we gave him the Rolling Stone cover?"
You're goddamn right, b*tch, and now it's too late
I'm triple-platnum and tragedies happen in two states
I invented violence you vile venomous vomital b*tches
Vain, Vicadin, Rin-rin-rin (this last bit is accompanied by a chainsaw sound effect)
Touch this chainsaw, left his brains all
Dangling from his neck while his head barely hangs on
Blood, guts, guns, cuts
Knives, lives, wives, nuns, sluts

(Chorus)
b*tch, I'm-a kill you!
You don't wanna f*ck with me, girls leave, you ain't nothin' but a slut to me
b*tch, I'm-a kill you!
You ain't got the balls to beef, we ain't never stop beefin', an' I squash the beef
You better kill me
I'm-a be another rapper dead, for poppin' off at the mouth with sh*t I shouldn't've said
But when they kill me
I'm bringin' the world with me, b*tches too, you ain't nothin' but a girl to me
I said you don't
Wanna f*ck with Shady
'Cause Shady
Will f*ckin' kill you
You don't
Wanna f*ck with Shady
'Cause Shady
Will f*ckin' kill you

b*tch, I'm-a kill you! Like a murder weapon I'm-a conceal you
In a closet with mildew, sheets, pillows & film you
f*ck with me, I've been thru hell, shut the hell up
I'm tryin' to develop these pictures of the Devil to sell them
I ain't Acid Rap but I rap on acid
*Got a new glow ball & just had a strap-on added
Woops! Is that a subliminal hint? No,
It's criminal intent, to sodomize women again!
Eminem offend? NO! Eminem'll assault!
And if you ever give it to him you'll give him an impulse
To do it again, THEN, if he does it again
You probabaly end up jumping out of something up in the tent

b*tch, I'm-a kill you...I ain't done, this aint the chorus
I ain't even drug you in the woods yet to paint the forest
A bloodstain is orange after you wash it three or four times
It's tough, but that's normal, ain't it Norman?
Serial killer hiding murder material
In a cereal box on top of your stereo
Here we go again, we're out of out medicine
Out of our minds, and we're wanting yours, let us in

Or I'm-a kill you!
b*tch, I'm-a kill you!
You ain't got the balls to beef, we ain't never stop beefin', an' I squash the beef
You better kill me
I'm-a be another rapper dead, for poppin' off at the mouth with sh*t I shouldn't've said
But when they kill me
I'm bringin' the world with me, b*tches too, you ain't nothin' but a girl to me
(i said) You don't
Wanna f*ck with Shady ('cause why?)
'Cause Shady
Will f*ckin' kill you (heh heh)
You don't
Wanna f*ck with Shady (why?)
'Cause Shady
Will f*ckin' kill you (heh heh)

Know why I say these things
'Cause ladies screams be creepin' in Shady's dreams
And the way things seem, I shouldn't have to pay these shrinks
These eighty g's just to say the same things threese...
Twice, whatever, I hate these things
f*ck shots, I hope this weed'll outweigh these drinks
Motherf*ckers want me to come on their radio shows
Just to argue with them 'cause their ratings stink?
f*ck that! I'll choke radio announcer to bouncer
From fat b*tch to all seventy-thousand pounds of her
From the princapal to student body and counseler
From in school to before school to outta school
I don't even believe in breathin'
I'm leavin' air in your lungs so you can keep screamin' for me to seep it
OK! I'm ready to go play!
I got the machette from O.J., I'm ready to make everyone's throats ache
You faggots keep egging me on
'Till I have you at knife point then you beg me to stop?
Shut up! Give me your hands and feet!
I said shut up when I'm talking to you! You hear me? ANSWER ME!

Or I'm-a kill you!
b*tch, I'm-a kill you!
You better kill me
But when they kill me
I'm bringin' the world with me, b*tches too, you ain't nothin' but a girl to me b*tch I'm-a kill you
You don't
Wanna f*ck with Shady ('cause why?)
'Cause Shady
Will f*ckin' kill you (ha ha ha)
You don't
Wanna f*ck with Shady (why not?)
'Cause Shady
Will f*ckin' kill you

Ha ha ha. I'm just playin', ladies. You know I love you.

I fuckin' love this guy.

Great. I'm glad you posted this. I mean, as a woman (and probably called "bitch" in public by complete strangers when I don't deserve it), this song just makes me feel so good about men and being a woman in society.

Last edited:
Sounds like a classy song indeed. Not.
Is this new? Anyone got a bit of info about it? Who he wrote it about? Or perhaps its just another glimpse into the warped mind of Mr Mathers. Actually, his new song sounds as bad as this (unless it is this one I'm thinking of). I'll have to search for the lyrics and see how suitable they are to post as I've only heard the heavily edited version which basically means only every second word.

Well, now I got a question for you gherman. Please dont take this as an attack, its merely out of sheer curiosity. What are your thoughts on lyrics such as these, and how they impact on women? Do you think its overreactionary to be offended? Do you think there is truth in the claims that his lyrics in particular can go too far? I ask this, as you state you mean no disrespect, but still like him as an artist. I too, like him as an artist, but lyrics like this impress me about as much as shooting for sport.
I missed your last comment when I first read this, as I only skimmed the second half once getting the overall tone of the lyrics here.
Thanks.

What was the point of this post? You could have simply mentioned the song and someone could have looked up the lyrics on Google. You didn't have to post something that's obviously a wee bit offensive to at least half of Interference's membership/

"it's called irony" - the streets

I seriously think Eminem was being ironic when he wrote that. But yeah, it's generally not a good idea to post stuff like that without clearly indicating the tone.

yertle-the-turtle said:

I seriously think Eminem was being ironic when he wrote that. But yeah, it's generally not a good idea to post stuff like that without clearly indicating the tone.

As a female, it's impossible for me to see the inherent irony in that song. Also, any woman who has been at the mercy of a violent man who is beating her and saying "I'ma fuckin kill you, bitch," is a little hard to stomach when it is being branded entertainment. The song is irresponsible as the young boys who love Eminem cannot see the "irony" - they only see one more role model calling a woman a bitch.

True, that. I remember the one, oft-quoted example of irony would be the Smiths' 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now', where Morrissey makes fun of the critics who thinks he's a miserablist, the idea being that the singer's tone of voice as well as the exaggerated nature of the lyric brought forward the ironic idea. The second reason is why I think Eminem's lyric is ironic - that it is so wildly exaggerated that he's trying to be clever. Having personally never heard the track I am unable to follow up on this statement, however.

I suppose it would be disturbing to the women on this board - on a larger scale, it is perhaps insensitive to post the lyric on this board without getting people offended, which is why I was initially surprised the mods allowed this to stay open.

Excuse me while I try to rescue my own argument. ;)

EDIT: Oh, and no offence to anyone. :)

Last edited:
permission to rant a bit?

:no:

*edit* This reminds me exactly why I dislike hip hop/rap in general.

Personally I think that a lot of what Eminem says in his lyrics is just sheer provocation - the "I got the guts to do it unlike anyone else and I tell it like it is" attitude. (I admit that the melodies and grooves he uses are somewhat catchy and I liked "Stan" for the message he was trying to put out)
On the other hand I don't think that cursing all over the place and taking stabs - at women and homosexuals - is anything to be joyous about. In a sense you could argue he is nothing THAT new to rap. To me he is overrated, lucky to have Dr Dre's help and I bet you anything that being white has had its effect. (Dre has other proteges than Eminem but no one is as succesful)
I think that his "I'm the baddest of them all" thing is getting old (what is it now...3 albums basically the same stuff over and over again) and he's losing his credibility as an artist by making movies and making a line of clothing, not too mention getting a Grammy and MTV awards - he's basically shooting himself in the leg IMO. He's pop now.
The worst thing is that while it's ok for him to assault music colleagues he immediately launches counter attacks if he gets backlash from musicians (didn't he have a fight with Jay Z and Vanilla Ice?) - not even argumented answer, all he can come up with is calling names.

Last edited:
Re: permission to rant a bit?

U2girl said:
:no:

Personally I think that a lot of what Eminem says in his lyrics is just sheer provocation - the "I got the guts to do it unlike anyone else and I tell it like it is" attitude. (I admit that the melodies and grooves he uses are somewhat catchy and I liked "Stan" for the message he was trying to put out)
On the other hand I don't think that cursing all over the place and taking stabs - at women and homosexuals - is anything to be joyous about. In a sense you could argue he is nothing THAT new to rap. To me he is overrated, lucky to have Dr Dre's help and I bet you anything that being white has had its effect. (Dre has other proteges than Eminem but no one is as succesful)
I think that his "I'm the baddest of them all" thing is getting old (what is it now...3 albums basically the same stuff over and over again) and he's losing his credibility as an artist by making movies and making a line of clothing, not too mention getting a Grammy and MTV awards - he's basically shooting himself in the leg IMO. He's pop now.
The worst thing is that while it's ok for him to assault music colleagues he immediately launches counter attacks if he gets backlash from musicians (didn't he have a fight with Jay Z and Vanilla Ice?) - not even argumented answer, all he can come up with is calling names.

very well said.

Re: permission to rant a bit?

U2girl said:

Please dont judge ALL rap off of all the mainstream garbage you hear. There actually are quite a few rap acts out there who are very classy and come up with interesting and intelligent songs still. MTV would have you think that those groups didnt even exist though, which is very sad.

That being said, I completely agreed with everything else you said in your post U2girl!

Re: Re: permission to rant a bit?

u2popmofo said:
Please dont judge ALL rap off of all the mainstream garbage you hear. There actually are quite a few rap acts out there who are very classy and come up with interesting and intelligent songs still. MTV would have you think that those groups didnt even exist though, which is very sad.

That being said, I completely agreed with everything else you said in your post U2girl!

:up:

Haven't enough people rode the coat tails of one David Bowie? I think everyone knows his lyrics are merely to get negative feedback from special interest groups... which has only hardened his success as a mainstream artist. He may have skill, but like U2girl said, his lyrics are tired and old...

As for violence against women, that song may not be the best advertisement for prevention... he may get justification from the fact that he claims it as sarcasm and therapy. But, Em... if you're that fucked up in the head, maybe you need some professional counselling instead of the approval of a bunch of trendy tweens.

PS- Do I sense some lingering bitterness from Eminem's Oscar win... I think a lot of U2 fans took that one a little too personally. To those jilted souls, let me ask you this... do you want U2 to be held in the same esteem as acts like Celine Dion (as past winners)... I certainly don't. Let Eminem and Celine be considered peers... and appear on the next Divas Live.

U2popmofo: That said, I kind of like what I hear from Missy Elliot (because she's proof that succes is possible without a perfect body), Will Smith (because he's succesfull without cursing) and Mary J Blige.

Cujo: not bitter about him winning Oscar. Yes I rooted for U2 but Lose Yourself is the second of his songs I like for the message.

I thought Lose Yourself and Stan were genius, especially the latter.

I still maintain he was being ironic, but yeah, I find myself agreeing with U2girl. Ironic or not, this shtick is old.

I think I'm going to listen to some Digable Planets now. Anyone remember the Digable Planets? They were really cool.

I loved Lose Yourself - it was finally an Eminem I could enjoy and relate to. I actually like his current album.

Yertle and U2girlie are right - he needs a new act. He toned it down on this recent album, and hopefully he's grown up too. How he can make such hateful remarks about women (irony or joking or not) and raise a daughter he loves so much is beyond me. I can't imagine he would ever find it funny if someone talked to his daughter in the nasty way he talks about women.

Anywhooz...

The one thing that makes him much more listenable than 99.9% of popular rap is that he has never been a 'Bling bling' rapper who talks about his cars and ho's and so forth. Even if he's trash, at least he's interesting.

No, you need to figure it out on your own.

Listen to the album. Really listen to the lyrics. Get out of this one dimensional music taste people seem to have on this forum.

gherman said:

Listen to the album. Really listen to the lyrics. Get out of this one dimensional music taste people seem to have on this forum.

She was merely asking why you felt the need to post the lyrics, and why you were saying how much you loved Eminem.

No need to attack the personal tastes of others in the forum, thanks.

gherman said:

gherman,

I listen to rap music all the time. I was raised on it. You shouldn't judge people you do not know very well. This is a U2 forum - alot of people here enjoy rock music over most genres. That is hardly one-dimensional - it just shows preference.

What my concern is relating to is your need to post the lyrics to a very aggressive song against a woman, and then say "I fuckin love this guy."

Back
Top Bottom