mars spirit rover problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
it's stopped transmitting :( i hope nothing's seriously wrong with it and it starts working again :sigh:

at least the other rover is scheduled to land soon.

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/US/ap20040122_1102.html

NASA: Spirit Rover Stops Sending Data
NASA Says No Meaningful Data Has Been Transmitted From Spirit Rover From Mars in More Than 24 Hours

The Associated Press

PASADENA, Calif. Jan. 22 ? NASA's Spirit rover stopped transmitting data from the surface of Mars for more than 24 hours, mission members said Thursday.
NASA last heard from Spirit early Wednesday. Since then, it has returned just random, meaningless data and only then sporadically, scientists said. Initially, the scientists said they believed weather problems on Earth caused the glitch. They now said they believe the rover was experiencing hardware or software problems.

ABEL said:
NASA: Spirit Rover Stops Sending Data
NASA Says No Meaningful Data Has Been Transmitted From Spirit Rover From Mars in More Than 24 Hours
that doesn't necessarely mean that it doesn't work anymore though

they said on cnn that they've heard a signal from it which usually indicates major problems. they don't know if it's hardware or software yet.

The Martians took it. They didn't want anyone to see too much!

I have a cat named Spirit. I used to think he was a ghost because he was white and you only got a glimpse of him real fast at night. But after the hurricane he came to stay, he won't leave the yard.

I no longer need to go to CNN.com...I can get my news from Interference

U2Kitten said:
The Martians took it. They didn't want anyone to see too much!

YES!

They were afraid the rover might find the "Weapons of Mass Destruction."

They have seen Bush's recent approval ratings, and the martians feared we (as in the inhabitants of the United States of America) might be dumb enough to re-elect him, in turn, sending manned mission to find the "weapons" and steal their oil.

:wink:

i hope it's a software problem, that would be easier to run diagnostics on and troubleshoot than a hardware problem.

I had a dream about this last night :der:

My friend launched a new one and it was surrounded in bubble wrap, and it landed safely (except there were oceans, which in my dream made sense b/c space wasn't air, but all water). I remember thinking how cool it was for her to land the satellite on Mars when no one thought she could. :lol:

I think I saw on TV that the radio works but is sending random crap because the Rovers's computer isn't sending data to the radio. Might be a software problem.

I also heard they found water on Mars' southpole! :hyper:

welcome to mars!
03-18-south-park-inside.jpg

as much as i love the idea of space exploration, part of me, with Bush's announcement that he plans on sending people to mars, wants it to fail, so Bush's plan to get cheap votes falls through. plus, there are many problems on earth that this "space" money could go to.

i just heard on cnn that Spirit's condition has been upgraded from critical to serious *hopeful*

and there's another "opportunity" landing on mars tonite :hyper:

btw, they think they've fixed the mars spirit rover :hyper:
they say it was a problem with the 'flash memory' and they've been able to bypass that.

Last edited:
the spirit rover sent back a pic today :applaud:

things are looking better for it :hyper:

yay! :hyper:
guess what, Abel!
i *just* got a telescope!! :hyper:
it's a Celestron! :drool:
cannot wait to use it!! i wanna see mars! :hyper:
you wanna hear something hilarious? i've been talking daily to mars since August! Stuff like "Hey Marsie!!"
:coocoo:

and the kicker is...is that i can't use the fookin telescope outside where i am.....
it's -20 degrees celcius here and 3+ feet of snow....pretty much the north pole here.:madspit:

Back
Top Bottom