Mars 2003 - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 08-28-2003, 03:33 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 07:24 PM
Good on you ABEL, turning on all those potential new minds.I'm glad you had a fun night.
I wanted to say it was Saturn I saw for the first time with our big telescope( I said Venus up there in my post). The rings really ARE there!!
I listened to the radio yesterday...boy some of the general publica are so dumb it's a little bit scary. Maybe it's just the people who bother to ring up talkback radio? It was like after Halley's and the Leonid Showers. It is like they were expecting to see great huge balls of almost blinding lights in the sky and feel the wind as the objects passed the earth...( we're talking the universe here people, its' bloody big, "close" isn't all that close).
It's the orbit of Mars as much as the distance that is exciting this time "around".
One good thing...the telescope salespeople in Oz are having a bonanza and acoording to some people I heard on the radio, they are so disappinted in what they saw, they will be selling their new telescopes very cheaply at their next lawn sale( idiots!..imho) I'm a bit worried people are going to start perving on their neighbours now, with all theses new telescopes people have, seeing as the night sky is so disappointing.
Sorry ABEL...I'm ranting...but geez mate...some people's kinda a cross between amazement and disappointment.
I wonder what is going on over in the Pelaides while all eyes are on Mars?
we all know little green men come from Ireland, eh?
I hear they just found some warm patches on Mars too..hmmmmm.

Good on you must be more patient than me.
It's beautiful up there, isn't it?I've always wanted a skydome in my roof. I wonder of Bono and Ali built that glass vestibule they planned in their house? That is where I would camp out if I stayed with them......wish upon a star
It's getting dry here sorry local astronomers...I'm praying for HEAVY rain to set in.

Old 08-28-2003, 04:01 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict
Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 05:24 AM
thank goodness for the internet and the news. otherwise i would have never seen it.

Old 08-30-2003, 01:58 PM   #18
War Child
Local Time: 02:24 AM
I saw Mars!
Old 08-31-2003, 01:53 PM   #19
The Fly
Local Time: 01:24 AM
I'm sorry. Mars is highly overrated. The best planet in this solar system is Jupiter. Followed by Earth, Saturn, and then Mars.
Old 08-31-2003, 02:05 PM   #20
Local Time: 09:24 AM

long before I knew about Mars being close, yadda yadda...I was putting the trash out one night about a month was around 10 pm...and my eyes gravitated towards this odd yellowish thing in the sky....I thought it was so cool...and yet I had this feeling it wasn't a star. Turns out I was right.
It was about 2 weeks later I started to hear all this stuff about Mars....
I LOVE astronomy.....
I wish I had a fookin telescope
What's cool about this whole thing aside from it being really makes alot of people regain an appreciation for what's out there. There is so much beauty out there to behold and we tend to get so busy in life that we forget to pause and really LOOK at things.
Old 09-01-2003, 04:43 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 07:24 PM
i missed it.....damn clouds!

Here lies a signature where once upon a time upcoming gigs were stored.