Marry Me Oprah Codewords Meant For Random Woman Never Met, So Says US Court

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
SANTA FE, N.M. - Attorneys for television talk show host David Letterman want a judge to quash a restraining order granted to a Santa Fe woman who contends the celebrity used code words to show that he wanted to marry her and train her as his co-host.

A state judge granted a temporary restraining order to Colleen Nestler, who alleged in a request filed last Thursday that Letterman has forced her to go bankrupt and caused her "mental cruelty" and "sleep deprivation" since May 1994.

Nestler requested that Letterman, who tapes his show in New York, stay at least three yards away and not "think of me, and release me from his mental harassment and hammering."

Attorneys for Letterman, in a motion filed Tuesday, contend the order is without merit and asked state District Judge Daniel Sanchez to quash it.

"Celebrities deserve protection of their reputation and legal rights when the occasional fan becomes dangerous or deluded," Albuquerque attorney Pat Rogers wrote in the motion.

Nestler told The Associated Press by telephone Wednesday that she had no comment pending her request for a permanent restraining order "and I pray to God I get it."

Sanchez set a Jan. 12 hearing on the permanent order.

Letterman's longtime Los Angeles attorney, Jim Jackoway, said Nestler's claims were "obviously absurd and frivolous."

"This constitutes an unfortunate abuse of the judicial process," he said.

Nestler's application for a restraining order was accompanied by a six-page typed letter in which she said Letterman used code words, gestures and "eye expressions" to convey his desires for her.

She wrote that she began sending Letterman "thoughts of love" after his show began in 1993, and that he responded in code words and gestures, asking her to come East.

She said he asked her to be his wife during a televised "teaser" for his show by saying, "Marry me, Oprah." Her letter said Oprah was the first of many code names for her, and that the coded vocabulary increased and changed with time.

Her letter does not say why she recently sought a restraining order.

Rogers' motion to quash the order contends the court lacks jurisdiction over Letterman, that Nestler never served him with restraining order papers and that she didn't meet other procedural requirements.

dumm.gif

She's not crazy, it happens all the time, Pamela Anderson may have been looking at Tommy Lee driving their boat with his manhood when she said "I love you baby" on their home video, but I know she was talking to me in code.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

A state judge granted a temporary restraining order to Colleen Nestler,
This judge should be removed from the bench, disbarred, forced to take abasic IQ test and then deported to Antarctica to live with penguins.

Wait a sec...this nutbar actually managed to get the restraining order??!?

Christ on a fucking bike...where do they find these kind of judges? :coocoo:

My friends and I here in New Mexico were laughing about this last night. Way to go NM judge. :rolleyes:

Then again, when Bono sang "Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own" with those blue eyes staring right into mine I'm sure he meant he wanted to marry me and take care of me.

joyfulgirl said:
My friends and I here in New Mexico were laughing about this last night. Way to go NM judge. :rolleyes:

Then again, when Bono sang "Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own" with those blue eyes staring right into mine I'm sure he meant he wanted to marry me and take care of me.

No, Bono told me the other day that song is dedicated to me. :wink: jp

nbcrusader said:
The judge who bought this stuff is even a bigger quack!

I have a feeling the judge pitied her and just gave in, knowing that:

1) Letterman had absolutely no way of actually violating the order, so it might help the crazy lady get over her obsession.

2) Not anticipating that Letterman would actually get wind of it and make it get a bunch of nasty national media attention.

In hindsight, though, the judge should have known better.

Melon

joyfulgirl said:

He sang it to me first, in April! :madwife:

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom