Marriage without sex

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think a lot of married men will tell you that once you get married, thats the end of your sexlife anyway!!! Seriously though, thats tough, I would think that intimacy is a vital part of any romantic relationship, especially marriage so I would have to think its necessary. However, I guess it wouldn't have to be there if the love was strong enough between the two and some sort of physical condition prevented sex.

------------------
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Zooropa FTP

Originally posted by Zooropa:
I think a lot of married men will tell you that once you get married, thats the end of your sexlife anyway!

Shit! I'm never getting married!

no, im not making light of your situation at all. im just making reference to myself with that 3+ years bit...

best of luck to ya.

------------------
-deathbear

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
no, im not making light of your situation at all. im just making reference to myself with that 3+ years bit...

best of luck to ya.

Thanks man. Don't worry. Even if you were making light of it, a good laugh is always nice.

So are you still living in this 3+ years? If so, good luck to you to.

99.9% of the time no. i have far greater issues that need addressing.

btw, marriage without sex is possible, i wouldnt know but you gotta imagine that when people get in horrible accidents that their partner wont leave them.

for instance, a woman in my community for nearly 20 years was comatose - for no apparent reason. they never figured out what happened to her.

her husband didnt get a divorce or cheat on her (ofcourse this i wouldnt know, but i doubt he would).

she died late last year.

------------------
-deathbear

I think that sex is a very important part of a marriage. Communication is the key to any good relationship and this includes emotional, spiritual, intellecutal, and sexual communication. Without a sexual relationship, there are many key pieces missing. Physically intimacy is important because it helps to build the bond between two people. Sex also helps to make you feel good about yourself because it makes us feel desirable, and attractive.

Of course in a situation where one partner is physcially unable to perform, this would change. I am only speaking of a marriage with two healthy adults.

I actually have some experience in a situation like this. It is a little too personal for a message board, but feel free to email me spinninghead77@hotmail.com

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

I was in a relationship once for over 2 years, and for some reason, the sex and all its accompanying playtime dropped off about a year and a half into it. It created a lot of resentment between me and my boyfriend. Of course, I was 18 at the time and he was 22, so what the hell do we know?

------------------
Well, the God I believe in isn't short on cash, mister. --Bono

But a day will come
In this dawning age
When an honest man
Sees an honest wage.
--The Edge

At least in Roman Catholicism, marriage does not officially take place until consummation after the vows. So, in the most literal sense, a marriage without sex at all does not actually exist.

Melon

------------------
"Still, I never understood the elevation of greed as a political credo. Why would anyone want to base a political programme on bottomless dissatisfaction and the impossibility of happiness? Perhaps that was its appeal: the promise of luxury that in fact promoted endless work." - Hanif Kureishi, Intimacy

Originally posted by mikal:
Shit! I'm never getting married!

Why not? Wouldn't be any different than the life you are accustomed to!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

Originally posted by Bonochick:
Why not? Wouldn't be any different than the life you are accustomed to!
biggrin.gif

LOL! Good one BC! You're lucky you're on my good list.

Seriously though, I just got my heart broken this weekend. So marriage is not something I want to think about for quite a while.

Aw, I'm sorry, mikal...
frown.gif

You've got my email addy if you need an ear, okay?

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

Originally posted by Bonochick:
Aw, I'm sorry, mikal...
frown.gif

You've got my email addy if you need an ear, okay?

Thanks hun. I'm actually doing better than I thought I would be. I was pretty histerical a couple of days a go. I get over shit fast, I guess.

Originally posted by mikal:
Thanks hun. I'm actually doing better than I thought I would be. I was pretty histerical a couple of days a go. I get over shit fast, I guess.

so im guessing it doesnt take you 3+ years to get over a girl then?

------------------
-deathbear

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
so im guessing it doesnt take you 3+ years to get over a girl then?

Good call, lol. This one is tougher than most though.

Back
Top Bottom