Mark Ronsons cover of the smiths classic 'Stop Me'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pgv

ONE love, blood, life
Has anyone else heard it, and if so what do you think of it? I love the song 'stop me if you've heard this one before' by the smiths. I usually hate covers of songs I like, but this sounds so different and I really like it.

And the video is interesting too -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4kBr5WWiBM

I appreciate the fact that it does sound different musically, yet after a while I am unable to listen to that vocalist without yearning for Morrissey to come in midway through the song and snatch the microphone from that sad excuse for a singer. It's sheer murder....

That said, it's by no means a bad song, but the credit must still lie first and foremost with The Smiths for writing such an amazing song in the first place.

Yes, I do think the best thing about that song is the lyrics. I think the singers twist on the vocals is nice - more sort of soulful. However no one can really compete with morrissey!

I like it....Just a different take and I quite like the video.

Its F***ING HORRIBLE! & I don't for 1 minute believe Morrissey likes it despite what I've read in the press.

jimmmm said:
Its F***ING HORRIBLE! & I don't for 1 minute believe Morrissey likes it despite what I've read in the press.

I don't think Morrissey is one to pretend to like something if he doesn't, maybe he appreciates the fact that its new and different?
But that said.. the original really can't be beaten :D

Back
Top Bottom