Mariah Carey now has more number one singles than Elvis!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The sad thing is she actually used her 7 octave voice or whatever on her early songs like Vision Of Love, Emotions and Hero. Nowadays all she does is sing a pathetic excuse for a vocal and strut her body around and people gobble it up! :|

OK, who are the people who buy Mariah's singles? Seriously, who?! They should do a study on this, I can't find one person who would admit to liking her music.

It's a sad day for music.

Eh, records were made to be broken.

I think in past interviews, Mariah admitted to losing a lot of her range due to improper singing techniques over the years.

Zootlesque said:
The sad thing is she actually used her 7 octave voice or whatever on her early songs like Vision Of Love, Emotions and Hero. Nowadays all she does is sing a pathetic excuse for a vocal and strut her body around and people gobble it up! :|

Mariah Carey Unplugged is the only record of hers that I own. I admit it, and I *still* listen to it!

Zootlesque said:
Nowadays all she does is sing a pathetic excuse for a vocal and strut her body around and people gobble it up! :|

Speaking of gobbling, she may have more number one singles than Elvis, but she'll never match his talent for eating fried peanut butter sandwiches.

unico said:
Mariah Carey Unplugged is the only record of hers that I own. I admit it, and I *still* listen to it!

I'm gonna make fun of you about this till eternity. That'll teach you to bring Delilah up again!

Lucky for you, I do like that one song... her cover of Jackson's I'll Be There from that collection. :up:

corianderstem said:
I think in past interviews, Mariah admitted to losing a lot of her range due to improper singing techniques over the years.

Oh so it's not cos she doesn't even have to try nowadays to get a hit single? :wink:

angelordevil said:

Speaking of gobbling, she may have more number one singles than Elvis, but she'll never match his talent for eating fried peanut butter sandwiches.

:lol:

<<not a Mariah fan :shrug:

Aardvark747 said:
Can't stand her.

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really can't stand her. Or her voice. Or the way she acts. Or the fact that my friends are all over her music. Or the fact that my dad thinks she is/used to be hot.

I hate her breathy voice more than...more than...I don't know. More than nothing. I think that's my #1 hate in the world. Her voice. I would rather listen to all the Panic! at the Disco CDs ever made and will ever be made than have to listen to just one of her songs

meh...I liked her from day 1

When I die, along with Streets and Three Little Birds, my will states that One Sweet Day (her and Boyz II Men) must be played.

The girl can sing, admit it :wink:

gabrielvox said:
meh...I liked her from day 1

When I die, along with Streets and Three Little Birds, my will states that One Sweet Day (her and Boyz II Men) must be played.

The girl can sing, admit it :wink:
:down:
You're on my list.

Zootlesque said:

I'm gonna make fun of you about this till eternity. That'll teach you to bring Delilah up again!

Lucky for you, I do like that one song... her cover of Jackson's I'll Be There from that collection. :up:

Sorry Zoots. Vision of Love > Delilah. True story. You're still never going to hear the end of it from me :wink:

Mariah has one of the best voices period. DayDream is one of her best albums too.

She is smoking HOT.

PlaTheGreat said:

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really can't stand her. Or her voice. Or the way she acts. Or the fact that my friends are all over her music. Or the fact that my dad thinks she is/used to be hot.

I hate her breathy voice more than...more than...I don't know. More than nothing. I think that's my #1 hate in the world. Her voice. I would rather listen to all the Panic! at the Disco CDs ever made and will ever be made than have to listen to just one of her songs

:love: you're on my list!

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I think she has an amazing voice, but she lost me with her gansta shit.

I freely admit to having all of her albums right up to whichever one she released after divorcing whatshisname.

lol. Tommy Motola? I do like her early stuff... her pop/adult contemporary phase. It's with 1997's Honey and the gangsta shit that she lost me too!

Back
Top Bottom