Marco Materazzi in training...very funny!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope he donated his fee to charity. Okay, Zidane was way out of line, but Materazzi wasn't faultless. Would be a shame to see him profit.

Pfft. How much money do you think YouTube made at Zidane and Materazzi's expense?

adrball said:
I hope he donated his fee to charity. Okay, Zidane was way out of line, but Materazzi wasn't faultless. Would be a shame to see him profit.

Here we go again. why shouldn't he profit ? he didn't do anything wrong, he did something that's done in every game by most players in every major sport.

Get a courtside nba ticket sometime and listen to what goes on, I've been on an NFL field sideline a few times also, what Materazzi said was mild in comparison. Same in soccer, just normal trash talking. Good for him! Hope he made a bundle !

adrball said:
:madspit: you sound bias [/QUOTE

As do you, and you also sound like an appeaser, a spokesperson for the rights of the criminal over the rights of the victim. Zidane was the thug, Materazzi did nothing wrong, yet you say he shouldn't profit ?

:shame:

i really don't take this that seriously. i know that sort of thing goes on all of the time on a football pitch, that I can accept. But condoning it in anyway I'm a bit uncomfortable with.

back on track though...the ad is really piss funny.

In regards to Materazzi, if he can make one of the world's best players lose his cool like that in a situation such as the World Cup final, then more power to him.

An integral part of sports is trying to throw the opposition off their game, and Materazzi has shown himself to be the master at it. Michael Jordan did the same thing in nearly every match, and nobody gets in Jordan's grill the way they do Materazzi.

yes it would have been more appropriate if they had something like a butterfly run into him which knocks him over, or have a light breeze knock him off his feet

toscano said:

Here we go again. why shouldn't he profit ? he didn't do anything wrong, he did something that's done in every game by most players in every major sport.

Get a courtside nba ticket sometime and listen to what goes on, I've been on an NFL field sideline a few times also, what Materazzi said was mild in comparison. Same in soccer, just normal trash talking. Good for him! Hope he made a bundle !

You're damn right, motherfucker.

Stop your irony, it's a very serious subject :

FIFA president Sepp Blatter said plans were afoot for the two players to be reunited, and one possibility was using the site of the notorious prison where former South African president Nelson Mandela was held.

"We are working on bringing together Materazzi and Zidane," Blatter said in Berlin.

"There are different possibilities and one of them is Robben Island in South Africa where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned for 27 years."

guill said:
Stop your irony, it's a very serious subject :

FIFA president Sepp Blatter said plans were afoot for the two players to be reunited, and one possibility was using the site of the notorious prison where former South African president Nelson Mandela was held.

"We are working on bringing together Materazzi and Zidane," Blatter said in Berlin.

"There are different possibilities and one of them is Robben Island in South Africa where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned for 27 years."

I was surprised to see the new "Zidane Training smiley"

:banghead:

guill said:
The new "Italian football smiley" is not available yet
:corruption:

That's ok, the current one will last 4 years

:WORLD CHAMPIONS

guill said:
The new "Italian football smiley" is not available yet
:corruption:

Marseille started it, I hope you know your football well enough to know that

If it were hockey they just could have pummeled each other for a minute or two.

DaveC said:
An integral part of sports is trying to throw the opposition off their game, and Materazzi has shown himself to be the master at it. Michael Jordan did the same thing in nearly every match, and nobody gets in Jordan's grill the way they do Materazzi.

The difference being- Jordan was a skilled player.

In any sport, the mediocre, scrappy players will always be negatively implicated when involved in a controversy with a star performer. As well, it's difficult for folks to have respect for athletes on the Italian National Diving team... especially when tactics like those perpetrated by Materazzi (in several games) marred the entire World Cup Tournament (see Portugal as well). Italy dove to victory with White Smoke and Mirrors.

Let's sponsor 'em!

:sexywink:

ladywithspinninghead said:

Yeah, right, they're going to be known as the team who failed TWICE to make the European Championships after winning the World Cup :wink:

I'll take the World cup over the European Championships.

I didn't know qualifying was over though

:scratch:

Pinball Wizard said:

Italy dove to victory with White Smoke and Mirrors.

Fewest goals allowed (none from free play)

2nd Most scored

Champions through and through

Thierry Henry out dove the Italians all on his own !

When you can't beat 'em...

Numbers aside, they were the icing on the embellishment cake. I do not contest their title, and I do not consider other teams more worthy, but I think it's well within reason to not be satisfied with their means of victory. "Whatever it takes" is an outdated mantra. If the winning example is like that of World Cup '06, futbol will continue to degrade into stalemating and conduct becoming of a lemming.

Much like the state of ice hockey ten years ago.

Last edited:
Pinball Wizard said:
When you can't beat 'em...

Numbers aside, they were the icing on the embellishment cake. I do not contest their title, and I do not consider other teams more worthy, but I think it's well within reason to not be satisfied with their means of victory. "Whatever it takes" is an outdated mantra. If the winning example is like that of World Cup '06, futbol will continue to degrade into stalemating and conduct becoming of a lemming.

Much like the state of ice hockey ten years ago.

The final was no classic, but it wasn't the worst one by a long shot, that dubious honor goes to the '90 final.

The semi-final with Germany alone made them worthy winners, that was a classic up there with the best of them.

The most disappointing team in the world cup for me was Portugal; negative play, and diving/embellishment of the worst order.

Still, even they didn't plumb the depths Zidane did, who now holds 2 slots in the top 10 moments of 'worst behavior at a world cup'

toscano said:
The most disappointing team in the world cup for me was Portugal; negative play, and diving/embellishment of the worst order.

Agreed.

As much as I like to razz the azzurri, Portugal was the most ridiculous. The absolute worst was Figo's behavior in the Holland match... 4 red cards between the teams and many more players booked. Low point indeed.

It's funny how both France and Italy struggled early in the tournament... if Italy did not hang on to draw with the Americans, there would have been a not so favorable matchup with the Brazilians. One can only imagine...

1-0 Italy in penalty kicks?

(by the way, I'm Pinball Wizard as well... and also too lazy to sign in, I guess)

Materazzi pulled another classic in that last Champions League match

that guy belongs on a football pitch as much as I belong in a bodybuilder of the year competition (and - yes - I am all lard)

Back
Top Bottom