Marching Bands!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zonelistener

ONE love, blood, life
Any band geeks here?

Who did/do you play with? H.S. and/or College?

I went for my usual run last night, which included a run by the local Division I Football Stadium. I stopped in and watched the Marching Band prep for Saturday's game...doing formations. They were playing the "rouser" and then the "William Tell Overture." It was awesome - a completely empty stadium....brisk late summer/early fall evening...and the William Tell Overture. Perfect running music. I sprinted out of the stadium as if I had just won a football game (someone has an overactive imagination).

Consequently, I did not play an instrument in H.S. or College. And, sadly, I went to fairly small schools that did not offer a Marching Band program. I played sports. :shrug:

The only marching band I know of here is the Orange Order

We dont have marching bands in schools either - We are missing out

We have a couple of CD's of the Spirit of Troy - the USC Marching Band.

Even when the football team was struggling, you could always count on the band to make the game enjoyable!

I had some band geek friends. Our football team usually slaughtered the competition, but our band always sucked.

Win some, lose some I guess...;)

~LadyLemon~ said:
I had some band geek friends. Our football team usually slaughtered the competition, but our band always sucked.

Win some, lose some I guess...;)

sounds like the opposite of my school.

I am a HUGE band geek. I am a senior in high school and i play tenor sax in marching band. Our band is good..we were in semi finals at nationals last year and the drill writer who wrote drill for last years grand champion (and the obvious best high school band in the country) is writing drill for us too this year. So i bet we're gonna be in semi's this year :yes: not that i help us to get there..i am a horrible marcher..but i try and i like it so :shrug: i am a pretty good sax player if i must say so :tongue:

AdamsMango said:

sounds like the opposite of my school.

I am a HUGE band geek. I am a senior in high school and i play tenor sax in marching band. Our band is good..we were in semi finals at nationals last year and the drill writer who wrote drill for last years grand champion (and the obvious best high school band in the country) is writing drill for us too this year. So i bet we're gonna be in semi's this year :yes: not that i help us to get there..i am a horrible marcher..but i try and i like it so :shrug: i am a pretty good sax player if i must say so :tongue:

Good luck this year! :applaud: :up:

I was in marching band all 4 years of high school (I graduated in 2001). I played the flute and occassionally piccolo. I was not a fan of the marching in and of itself, but i was a huge band geek and had a blast hanging out with my band geek friends. The only reason i really joined marching band was because you had to be in it to be in concert band (which i had been in since 5th grade). My college doesn't have a marching band, and I've pretty much lost all interest in the flute so I never tried to join the wind ensemble.

i did props for tall flags, and i had fun, got to travel with them, the drill team, marching band, and some others. i had fun.

I :heart: Marching Bands!

I was never in a marching band, but my brother was. He played trumpet, and was also was a Drum Major for a couple years.

My parents and I would go to all the football games to watch the band every Friday night. Many a band competition did we all go to as well. We had one of the best high school bands in our region...we were a 3A - 4A band playing 5A music. To this day my favorite part of a football game is the half-time show. :yes:

one of my favorite songs to see a marching band perform...
:heart: Malaguena :heart:

as far as marching bands in general, Texas A&M Aggies are one of my favorite marching bands :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom