March Madness NCAA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'll tell ya this... tonight at madison square garden was college basketball at it's finest... rutgers... a huge underdog in the NIT... made it all the way to the finals... and their students, only half an hour away, packed the garden. now that's what it's all about... i was at the garden for the NIT last year because I'm friends with someome who was on St. John's a the time (timmy doyle... has since transfered and will be playing for Northwestern next season). this year the place was twice as packed as it was llast year, and the st. john's fans have a less distance to travel then the rutgers fans do.

enough blabbering... even though Michigan won, just being amonst the 15,000 deep Rutgers fans was an honor... they truely represented what college sports is supposed to be about

Rutgers could have pulled out a miracle to at least tie late if they hadn't gone for 3 twice in a row late and just took available layups. 3 successive Michigan possessions with between 25 and 45 seconds left were a turnover off the inbounds, an 0 fer 2 and a 1 fer 2 at the line, and the Knights scored 0 at their end. Too bad. Would have loved to see the Garden explode if RU had tied the thing up.

As for the lesser tourney this weekend, no stopping UConn right now. The writers will end up being correct by voting them #1 in the preseason polls after a wacky season where nobody could hold the #1 spot for more than 11 seconds.

i still can't pick uconn after watching them... with a healthy okafor... get smoked by georgia tech in the pre-season NIT... and duke is better than georgia tech...

i'm gonna stick with duke- tech in the finals, duke winning... not only because i believe they're the two best teams, but also because i would then not only win the interference pool, but also bring in a couple hundred bucks in my office pool :wink:

Hewson said:
Would have loved to see the Garden explode if RU had tied the thing up.

the garden was exploding all night... i'd say there were about 15,000 people there, and 14,000 of 'em were rooting for rutgers... last night ranked right behind knicks-heat game 5 (the LJ-Alonzo fight game) and U2 Elevation as far as decible level goes. was nuts...

and on a side note... 25 bucks for a 62 ounce amstel lite :up:

25 bucks???
Actually its like getting 5 five dollar beers so I guees its not bad for concession stand pricing, but serious sticker shock.

it woulda been a little cheeper to just keep getting single beers, but then i woulda had to keep getting up and waiting on that damned line... plus i got a nice new gigantic mug to boot :up:

i sprained my ankle playing in the faculty vs. students basketball game @ work earlier in the day... but i'll tell ya... a quarter way into that 62 ouncer, and i was feelin' A.O.K. add on the pints i had at flannery's afterwords, and it was like a medical miracle had occured...

in severe pain now though

Last edited:
bono utters one f'in on the golden globes and it causes a year long controversy... emeka okafor screams "what the fuck" right in a ref's face and doesn't get as much as a techincal...

CBS... it's all here
CBS%20Eye.jpg

this is why i hate ref's...

one second they're calling everything, the next they're calling nothing...

these ref's in the uconn-duke game have been absoulutely horrendous... the only fortunate thing is they've been horrendous for both teams.

as frustrating as it is to watch, it's even more frustrating to play in a game like this... you don't know wether you can be over-aggressive or if you have to back off a bit, 'cause you can't get a feel for what the ref's are gonna call and what they're not gonna call. it sucks.

Last edited:
villaneuva actually has a disease so he cant grow any hair, thats why he has no 'brows...

like i said, uconns taking it home

This is the second time that UConn has cost me a victory in an office pool. In 1996 I had them winning the whole thing, and they were eliminated the second weekend of play.
They are NOT my favorite team!!!
But it was still fun being the leader in the Interference Yahoo pool for a while! And congratulations to whoever wins!

ok so now i'm making fun of people with diseases...

anyhoo... i have to think that if the game was ref'd differently, and williams, randolph, and okafor were allowed to stay on the court for the majority of the game... that the result would have been different... but eh... duke still had the ball and a 5 point lead with 2 minutes to go... two bad shots, a failure to box out and grab the defensive board on the go ahead basket, and this is what happens. just more proof that ref's don't ever actually cost a game... they can affect the outcome, and they certainly did last night, but when it all comes down to it uconn executed in the final 2 minutes, duke did not... oh well... they'll be back next year.

and actually diane... if duke had won, and then won the championship... i would've beaten you by 2 poins in this pool :wink:

and i would've finished in second place in my office pool, thus getting 40% of the "points." "points" of course because gambling on these sporting events with money is illegal... wink wink nudge nudge

Last edited:
YELLOW JACKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YELLOW.............JACKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GA TECH GA TECH GA TECH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yes: :yes: :yes:!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom