Marble Bar, Western Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Even with Jack :yuck: White in it?

He was annoying, granted, but he can play guitar fairly well, I'll give him that.

Also, it was really funny watching this totally self-conscious, 'omg what are people gonna think of me' kid next to Edge and Page, who honestly don't give a damn and are willing to do their own thing with their music.

Well, I don't know about 'promise', but the release date on their website was the 30th of October, and I got the email saying it was delayed on the... 5th of November. What should I say?

I really don't know :lol:, I never get past the "I'm gonna write a letter!" stage.

I really don't know :lol:, I never get past the "I'm gonna write a letter!" stage.

Well, I wrote them this three days before I got the 'oh ur order got pwnd' email:

"Hello there,

Just wanted to check on the status of this order. According to your website it should have shipped by now? That is, it's listed as being available from the 30th of October.

Thanks."

Should I write them one saying OMG HAX STFU or something like that?

(by that, I obviously mean a clear and concise letter expressing my unhappiness at this poor efforts in communication with their customers)

Mind you, I can't see what they'd be able to do. If I were in their position, I'd just say it was the supplier's fault (which it probably is) and shrug.

good fucking god. someone explain to me why i'm such a fucking idiot? i started reading fym again. i want to drive nails into my eyeballs now.

:|

anyway, turds, greetings and salutations to you all.
:wave:

You know, I actually prefer FYM to actually turning on the nightly news or flicking open the paper and seeing politicians, actual people in power, spouting all kinds of things. It's one thing when it's just an opinionated person with no real influence saying it online, but god, can somebody kindly get Senator Conroy and his ilk out of parliament now?

Well, I wrote them this three days before I got the 'oh ur order got pwnd' email:

"Hello there,

Just wanted to check on the status of this order. According to your website it should have shipped by now? That is, it's listed as being available from the 30th of October.

Thanks."

Should I write them one saying OMG HAX STFU or something like that?

(by that, I obviously mean a clear and concise letter expressing my unhappiness at this poor efforts in communication with their customers)

Mind you, I can't see what they'd be able to do. If I were in their position, I'd just say it was the supplier's fault (which it probably is) and shrug.

But they want you as a return customer, and you didn't have a deal with the supplier, you had a deal with JB, and JB didn't come through with that deal, leaving you disappointed in JB, therefore JB SHOULD do something about it.

Will they? Probably not.

But they want you as a return customer, and you didn't have a deal with the supplier, you had a deal with JB, and JB didn't come through with that deal, leaving you disappointed in JB, therefore JB SHOULD do something about it.

Will they? Probably not.

Yeah, emphasise that if they expect you to be a return customer, you expect compensation for the inconvenience - say, a refund on the delivery charge.

Point out to them that people who ordered from Amazon US have already received their orders, so why is it so hard for JB to source stock?

Hey Anna! :wave:

In recent news, I've been seeing people wearing myki shirts standing around at various stations. Thus far in an entire day of travelling, I've seen them talk to precisely four people - this is cumulative across several stations!

Way to use the taxpayers' money, Victorian Government - you can be sure that I'm not getting one of those bloody things unless I have no alternative, and if I'm overcharged you better watch out.

Yeah, emphasise that if they expect you to be a return customer, you expect compensation for the inconvenience - say, a refund on the delivery charge.

Point out to them that people who ordered from Amazon US have already received their orders, so why is it so hard for JB to source stock?

Oh, I forgot to mention that I haven't been charged for it yet. Does this change anything, do you reckon?

Hey Anna! :wave:

In recent news, I've been seeing people wearing myki shirts standing around at various stations. Thus far in an entire day of travelling, I've seen them talk to precisely four people - this is cumulative across several stations!

Way to use the taxpayers' money, Victorian Government - you can be sure that I'm not getting one of those bloody things unless I have no alternative, and if I'm overcharged you better watch out.

They're "myki mates". :happy:

They're "myki mates". :happy:

:vomit: The rate we're going, from what I've read and so on, we're gonna be overcharged for the services, and queues are just going to get longer thanks to the inefficient, slow system.

I honestly don't understand why they didn't just use a preexisting smartcard system, or better yet combine two systems. For example, the Malaysian (yes, even Malaysia is doing better!) smartcard initially let you pay on tolled roads and on public transport. Now it lets you pay for just about bloody everything.

Righto, so what do I add to this, thread? We can all compose a letter of complaint together! :happy:

"Hello,

It's somewhat disappointing that your customers were only informed of this delay 6 days after the product was meant to be shipped, don't you think? Personally, if I had known that this was going to occur, I would have (and previously have for similar orders) purchased it from Amazon - which several of my friends did, and have already received their orders. The only reason I bought from JB this time was to support an Australian business - the price difference was negligible.

In addition to this, I did enquire about the product on the 2nd of November through email, only to be given an automated reply. Surely you can do better than this if you're expecting people to continue buying from you? It shouldn't be too hard to send out an email at least on the release date apologising for the delay, rather than waiting for almost a week before doing so."

:vomit: The rate we're going, from what I've read and so on, we're gonna be overcharged for the services, and queues are just going to get longer thanks to the inefficient, slow system.

I honestly don't understand why they didn't just use a preexisting smartcard system, or better yet combine two systems. For example, the Malaysian (yes, even Malaysia is doing better!) smartcard initially let you pay on tolled roads and on public transport. Now it lets you pay for just about bloody everything.

I don't think it will make things much slower. That seems to be media hysteria. The requirement to swipe off exists in much more crowded cities, e.g. Hong Kong, and they're coping just fine. Though on the trams it could be madness along Swanston Street ...

I agree that they should've bought off-the-shelf technology, though. There IS the intention to expand Myki to be able to buy just about anything, but why the hell are we making our own technology when it already exists? Pointless waste of money.

I don't think it will make things much slower. That seems to be media hysteria. The requirement to swipe off exists in much more crowded cities, e.g. Hong Kong, and they're coping just fine. Though on the trams it could be madness along Swanston Street ...

I agree that they should've bought off-the-shelf technology, though. There IS the intention to expand Myki to be able to buy just about anything, but why the hell are we making our own technology when it already exists? Pointless waste of money.

I'll give you about a year before the OMG CONSPIRACY THEORY debates about the nature of myki start being busted out.

Righto, so what do I add to this, thread? We can all compose a letter of complaint together! :happy:

"Hello,

It's somewhat disappointing that your customers were only informed of this delay 6 days after the product was meant to be shipped, don't you think? Personally, if I had known that this was going to occur, I would have (and previously have for similar orders) purchased it from Amazon - which several of my friends did, and have already received their orders. The only reason I bought from JB this time was to support an Australian business - the price difference was negligible.

In addition to this, I did enquire about the product on the 2nd of November through email, only to be given an automated reply. Surely you can do better than this if you're expecting people to continue buying from you? It shouldn't be too hard to send out an email at least on the release date apologising for the delay, rather than waiting for almost a week before doing so."

I think that's good. Perhaps now's not the time to go demanding any kind of discount, but when they reply, then you might have a good opportunity. You certainly have a right to expect better. Not your fault they have a crap supplier, you know?

I think that's good. Perhaps now's not the time to go demanding any kind of discount, but when they reply, then you might have a good opportunity. You certainly have a right to expect better. Not your fault they have a crap supplier, you know?

You know what would be kind of hilarious in a I'm-going-to-explode-with-rage-after-laughing kind of way? If I got another reply telling me where I could check the status of my order.

And I'm not so much after a discount or anything, just kind of annoyed that I don't already have the thing (I mean, I just finished exams! I was gonna watch the UF documentary!) and worried that I might not get it at all (which, if I don't, there'll be hell to pay).

Wow, I've never had soda make me sick to my stomach before. Homemade root beer. I think I'm going to throw up.

Yeah, "homemade" doesn't work half as well for drinks as it does for food. Mmm, homemade muffins ...

You should bring some of that homemade beer to Melbourne, Bonnaios.

Yes, I sprung the news of the tour on her last night while she was drunkposting. :lol:

I keep thinking this thread is about this club on Waymouth Street that costs too much to get into.

I'll try and bring some homebrew along, guys. Better still, you lot could come over here. Everybody wins that way, especially me.

today was really not all that bad.

if you whinge about the heat it makes it worse :wink:

i went jetskiing for the first time today, it was fucking sick, i want one soooo bad.

Back
Top Bottom