Maradona stands by 'Hand of God'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pelé ang Garrincha were the best :bow:
Football was more violent during the Pelé era, red cards didn't exist, you could beat a player as much as you wanted (world cup 1966, Brazil-Portugal).
And the Libertadores cup matches were crazy violent too compared to European cup matches.

maradona is just another crack head. he should have played basketball, but he is a bit tiny, height wise. but not length wise. fat git!!

they showed pictures of him watching TV when england beat Argentina in the 2002 world cup.

beckhams penalty:drool:

the full time whistle:drool:

maradona's fat ugly face when the full time whistle went:drool:

great stuff

Last edited:
1stepcloser said:
they pictures of him watching TV when england beat Argentina in the 2002 world cup.

great stuff

But I still prefer Maradona´s face after that great goal against Greece at world cup 1994................................I know you english have with him an open account :wink: but you can never deny that he was the best ever football player

on the contrary, i do actually think he's the greatest player ever. you can't deny his greatness. he's still a cheating scumbag though.

1stepcloser said:
they showed pictures of him watching TV when england beat Argentina in the 2002 world cup.

great stuff

Well, unfortunately it did not help you guys much as you got your ass kicked by Brazil a couple of rounds later... on the other hand, we won the World Cup in 1986... big difference.

And you had to do it with an invented penalty kick, so I am not sure about how fair it was...

In any event, we hope to meet again next time.

babyman said:

He lost around 50 kg! You should see him, looks like the young maradona

:up:

lanoche10.jpg

U2@NYC said:

Well, unfortunately it did not help you guys much as you got your ass kicked by Brazil a couple of rounds later... on the other hand, we won the World Cup in 1986... big difference.

And you had to do it with an invented penalty kick, so I am not sure about how fair it was...

In any event, we hope to meet again next time.

we got beaten by Brazil 2-1. i don't really call that an ass kicking. and they scored the winner with a fluke by ronaldinho.

i hope we meet again too:evil:

:wink:

nah the maradona one is sillier. at least becks doesn't "lose weight" by having it surgically sucked out of his belly, instead actually exercising and eating healthily.

1stepcloser said:
nah the maradona one is sillier. at least becks doesn't "lose weight" by having it surgically sucked out of his belly, instead actually exercising and eating healthily.

And sweating in front of the camera flashes...

U2@NYC said:

Do you even dare to compare Maradona's level as a player to that of Beckham?

:tsk:

not really, but the question of comparing Becks to fatty isn't what this thread is about, its about fatty glorying in his cheating ways, admittedly his second goal that day was wonderful, but you can't get away from the fact the argies victory that day was tainted by cheating

jimmmm said:

not really, but the question of comparing Becks to fatty isn't what this thread is about, its about fatty glorying in his cheating ways, admittedly his second goal that day was wonderful, but you can't get away from the fact the argies victory that day was tainted by cheating

Jimmmm, let's be honest, if it would have been Lineker scoring the goal with his hand and eliminating Argentina, you would be the one cheering and could not care less about whether he cheated or not. I have yet to see a Brit complaining about how the penalty kick during the last World Cup was a complete invention of Pierluigi Collina (who, supposedly, is this great referee... who screwed up big time at that game). So let's be fair.

I think we've about exhausted this debate, its been good jousting with u, u2@nyc, roll on Nov 12th, as England resume battle(football) with Argentina, by the way, Gabby Heinze, pure magic!!!

jimmmm said:
I think we've about exhausted this debate, its been good jousting with u, u2@nyc, roll on Nov 12th, as England resume battle(football) with Argentina, by the way, Gabby Heinze, pure magic!!!

Good luck to you too.

3-2, Football, bloody hell, to quote a certain famous Scotsman,
that was sooooo sweet, what do you think u2@nyc?

jimmmm said:
3-2, Football, bloody hell, to quote a certain famous Scotsman,
that was sooooo sweet, what do you think u2@nyc?

What I think is that it was a good match, that I had to listen to on the radio because of stupid U.S. TV that decide not to broadcast it... (American sports.... they have no idea about what it is truly important). :down:

What I also think is that it was a great victory for England. I also think that Argentina played pretty well, so I am less mad since it was a friendly match only.

Lastly, I think that our coach is an idiot. He took out Riquelme (best player of the match, without a question) and Crespo when the score was 2-1, not knowing that matches are 90 minutes long.

Overall, congrats to the English. I am just hoping that this does not happen again next year, when it really counts.

U2@NYC said:

What I think is that it was a good match, that I had to listen to on the radio because of stupid U.S. TV that decide not to broadcast it... (American sports.... they have no idea about what it is truly important). :down:

Lastly, I think that our coach is an idiot. He took out Riquelme (best player of the match, without a question) and Crespo when the score was 2-1, not knowing that matches are 90 minutes long.

I agree totally about the american tv :down:

so your coach pulled a sven eh? ;)

and don't worry we'll beat you next year too:wink:

Back
Top Bottom