Many AntiDiamond Will like this..plus "Elevation"-CanTribBand Review

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
First off the show.-Part1 Show Review:)
I attended the show w Whacka, Mr and Mrs Edge..we all went to dinner w alot of members of the T/O GTA group..U2 Fans are the best in the world..Great show.
Shawn Brady is a spirited performer and impersonates Bono quite well.:)
Alot of ZooTV stuff going on.
ZooStation was the opener and was done well

In Gods Country was crisp and tight..

Electrical Storm-very impressive:yes:

Brady even pulled up some male fan from Az. during NYD and the sang the last verse together::

October was a new addition and nearly flawless..
This kids voice has some range:up:
MysteriousWays is aways a crowd favorite w Mrs. Edge's dancing.

Walk On was also another remarkable no:up:

The members of the band are genuine and very warm friendly.
Brady is a virtual Bono clone
Kevin does the Edge well
John does Larry Mullen Jr qwite good.
And the bass player does Adam splendidly..:)

So this bar that they played at was packed w 60 percent reg folk 40 percent U2Folk:)

Pt 2-"Diamond's Ass-Kicking"

After the show was over and everyone was doing the "afterglow"- "warm and fuzzie" things we all do..
Mr Edge, Mrs Edge, Whacka and I saw two- 22-25 yr old hockey player looking fellows beating the shit outta ea other:grumpy:
It was a bloody fight.
I decided to act before it got outta hand..
I tried to intercede..
I got inbetween em and had one settled down and
THEN
KAPOW!!

:mad: :
another hockey came outta no where , blindsided me and proceeded to beat the shit outta me.
Yes
Kick my ass quite handsomely he did I might add..
But all I was trying to do was b a peacemaker.
Sheesh
Anyway my left-side of face looks like mince-meat today
These werent U2 Fans only part of the local crowd.
Maybe some of the hockey fellows should consider 'anger-management' classes..
I dunno.
I do know I cant keep up w 25 yr old men in a bar fights anymore;)

Out-
diamond

Last edited:
The problem is Dave...you are unfamiliar with canadian greeting customs

The fellow was merely saying hello.

But seriously.... rules of engagement state that you can go for a guys balls if he blindsides you

What part of Toronto was this in? If it was anywhere near me you're lucky to be alive. It really sucks that that happened to you though. We're not all like that though. Dnot let the crime capital of Canada thing make you think we are violent or anything :D

Diamond, I am so shocked. You are built like a brick shithouse. How does someone of your stature get beaten up?
This guy must have been on speed and build like an entire amenities block to get a fist to you.

Arun V said:
The problem is Dave...you are unfamiliar with canadian greeting customs

The fellow was merely saying hello.

LOL! "Hello!!!" and then BAM right in the face!

:lmao:

Too bad you got in the middle of it Dave.

Now how in the world does the monster of a man that jumped on the stage in Boston 4 get wooped?

Stratches head in amazment here!

Dave...we want pictures!!!!

HEHE!!!

I am still kind of zonked out....I got home from that show at about 3:30 and had to be at work at 9am the same morning...and at work today at 7am! I am so tired.....:yawn:

Anyway, Elevation, Toronto's U2 tribute band did a great show, and Kevin got a Gibson Explorer!!! :drool: (sorry, I digress...we Edge girls get excited about these things ;)) Hopefully the show made up for the very unfortunate incident that followed! :eek:

Having diamond visit our city was a great surprise and we had a lot of fun. I think the fact that he had QUITE a lot to drink that night played a significant role in impairing his ability to defend himself.... :ohmy:

But there he was, wandering around the melee, and all of a sudden, this guy was clobbering him and Dave either slipped or was knocked over, but I remember the side of his head/face smacking down on the pavement. I stood there with my mouth agape! I have never actually seen a fight in real life and it is a very sickening feeling in the pit of your stomach to see some guy punching your friend and then giving him a huge kick in the ribs!!

Somehow we got him out of there and whisked him into the car...but needless to say, the next day he had quite a headache!

Hope you had a good visit DB, we really enjoyed having you. I hope you will post some pics. :) :hug: :dance:

PS Ravenstar, it was in Etobicoke. ;)

Last edited:
there are alot of crazy people in Etobicoke. Not like all the nice, friendly people in Scarborough :macdevil:
Did you show him around dowmtown? Toronto is really nice. Lots of trees and gardens and it's really clean too. I feel like a walking (sitting?) advert for T.O now.

Thanks for all your kind words folks.:)

It happened so quick they were fighting right outside the exit door by the parking lot..
And w restraining one fellow and then thinking "ok its done here"
-this fight was very close to the patrons exiting so I was concern for the ppl walking out and the fighters safety too..(they were very bloody ect)..
..THEN all of a sudden- BOOM!:mad: right when I turn around this MadMan came outta no where and seems to be is of the sort who loves to fight, I suppose.
He got the better of me.
Thats ok.
He was 15 yrs younger and quite a fighter.
Im actually not a fighter..and I have no problem w posting that.
I usually hold my own if the fight is fair.
I was there to try and avert vilolence.
It sort of worked the fighter took out his violent tendancies on me tho;)

Dread, for the rec...U2 Sec was much nicer than this fellow.
Angie..he coulda been..who knows he was strong and qwik though that I know for certain.

Raven, Mrs Edge and U2 Girl thanks for your comments..

And Arun-
Thank you for the lift from bus station to Buffalo Airport.
I finally met Arun in really life:up:
I found Arun to be-
Bright, magenetic, intense, well mannered, good looking and a chatter box.
I can see why he is a hit w the ladies..:)

Take Care-
Dave

Dave is being far too modest

the real reason he was in buffalo this morning was to preside over peace talks between the red's and blues, a recent turf war has been quite devastating....many pregnant women and children have been having to go without quality illicit drugs fora weeks as a result. The talks have been successful, there has not been one drive by shooting in all of East Amherst NY as a result of this. Dave...is a peacemaker...despite his small incident outisde the bar, his work in the Buffalo area speaks for itself.

Upon meeting diamond I noticed that he is a kind soul, jsut a lil rough around the edges at times....a diamond in the rough if you will.

LMFAO :laugh: i mean this in the nicest way.

diamond, dear, you never cease to give me a good laugh from the gut.

and to think, i was simply going to ignore this thread ;)

no, seriously, i think you're a pretty...okay guy...(you know it's even difficult for me to say that much :sexywink: ) sorry to hear about the beating. i hope the healing process is quick at least.

and yes, i'm sure arun is quite the charmer :yes:

Heres a pic of Brady/Bono and I before my ass-kicking
:)
Brady is a super nice guy and portrays Bono well.
Hope it shows...

Dave

Attachments

• brady-dave.jpg
    brady-dave.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
I'm not surprised that you stepped in but maybe you should leave the peacekeeping mission to someone else next time :shame:

Glad you came out of it okay Dave :)

Do you have any "after" pictures :silent: :lmao:

Dave what happened to your face?

Hey wtf happened to your face?

Wow who got the better of you?

First 3 ques at work today:censored:

Pictures at 11:00:angry:

DB9

Last edited:
Dave...sorry to hear about the incident. Unfortunately sometimes trying to do the right thing backfires...sad reflection on a small percentage of the human race.
I tried to prevent a fight once back in college, got caught in the middle of a melee, and will now only intercede if its a close friend involved.

...sorry you got the ass kicking diamond, but...

...must you go onstage at every U2 concert? :crack:

Diamond, it is a shame you got hurt, but you had such good intentions, and considering the type of guy you are, I reckon you did the right and just thing.

I have a BC story, which kinda relates lol. Once years ago, a small group of us went to see Metallica. We were leaving the Sydney Ent Cent about midnight after it, walking along this road past this dreadful park in Sydney to get home and this stupid stupid woman was walking alone through this park. Some kid ran along beside her and mugged her. I dont know who was more stupid in hindsight, the woman or the kid who mugged her. I was in a small group, but we were surrounded by about 1000 Metallica fans, extremely hyped after the show. About 20 of them jumped the fence and gave chase. They got him. I was glad I wasn't close enough to see the damage. About 9980 onlookers thought there was something beautiful in that justice.

"And Justice For All".

:angel:

Re: ...sorry you got the ass kicking diamond, but...

Angel said:
...must you go onstage at every U2 concert? :crack:
Perhaps you should write (about your disapproval) Bono and now Brady as it was ultimately both of their decisions?;)
other than that-
Thank You for your kind words Kristina..Im healing well..

Thank you too Martha:)

DB9

Re: Re: ...sorry you got the ass kicking diamond, but...

diamond said:

Perhaps you should write (about your disapproval) Bono and now Brady as it was ultimately both of their decisions?;)
other than that-

Oh diamond. Can we not take a joke anymore? I gave you kind words too.

diamond said:
Sweetthang-
No prob..
I told u thank u for your kind words already:)

DB9:dance: :cool:

and what, my kind...er...my words (whatever you want to classify them as) meant squat? :shrug:

really, i'm not as sarcastic and bitter as i portray myself here......then again, denial is my best friend. :| ;)

TripThruUreWires said:

and what, my kind...er...my words (whatever you want to classify them as) meant squat? :shrug:

really, i'm not as sarcastic and bitter as i portray myself here......then again, denial is my best friend. :| ;)
Sorry Brooke.
Im not acustomed to supermodels responding to my threads..
Everyone already knows you r wonderful already..I promise..

Dave:sexywink: :cool:

Last edited:
smooooooooch

Didn't you like my story then butthole? :madspit:

It was told mainly for your benefit and to make you feel you did good!

Well....I think it was a good story and we still talk about it to this day. But thats fine you dont care!
:grumpy:

Angela-
Of course I care.
Silly me..
I get confused when so many beautiful girls chek into my threads..
:) That must b it;)
I thought of u being way above Metallica;)

Thanks for sharing..

DB9

Re: Re: smooooooooch

Bono's American Wife said:

:lmao: classic line angie!

And I was nice to you too Mr. Diamond :grumpy:
[/QUOTE

Some of the ladies need to b
SPANKED in this thread:angry:

DB9:dance: :bono:

Back
Top Bottom