manic street preachers super appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this is my truth tell me yours

I'm still waiting for my Holy Bible on backorder from Tower Records. :angry:

Fantastic Band! Love em!!!

I gotta stop smiling - It gives the wrong impression I,
I love you all the same.

everywhere.
songs to d/l:

this is yesterday
faster
kevin carter
stay beautiful
roses in the hospital
prologue to history
sepia
if you tolerate this your children will be next
the everlasting (their most u2-ish song in my opinion)
a design for life
motorcycle emptiness
motown junk
you stole the sun from my heart
life becoming a landslide
sleepflower
methadone pretty
repeat (uk)
everything must go
my little empire
enola/alone
the girl who wanted to be god
found that soul
let robeson sing
no surface all feeling
judge yourself
la tristesse durera (scream to a sigh)
little baby nothing
ocean spray
you love us (heavenly version)
yes
starlover
ready for drowning
the masses against the classes
suicide is painless (theme from mash)
tsunami
forever delayed
automatik teknicolour
there by the grace of god
4st 7lb

not that anyone would care

but d/l 'prologue to history' if you haven't heard it

one of the greatest songs ever. how it got relegated to the b-side of 'tolerate' is beyond me.

Last edited:
I didnt know where else to post this:

http://www.nme.com/news/109509.htm

MANIC STREET PREACHERS will release their new single and album this autumn.

Although the dates have yet to be confirmed by the band?s label Sony, retailer HMV lists that a new single, ?The Love Of Richard Nixon? will be released on September 27, followed by their seventh studio album ?Life Blood? on October 4.

The band recorded part of the album last year in New York with David Bowie producer Tony Visconti, and also worked with Goldfrapp engineer Tom Elmhirst.

Other songs set for inclusion on the album are 'A Song For Departure', '1985', 'Firefight', 'To Repel Ghosts', 'Emily', 'Fragments', 'Askew Road', 'Solitude Sometimes Is', 'Glasnost', 'Always, Never', 'I Live To Fall Asleep', 'Cardiff Afterlife', 'Empty Souls' and 'Litany'.

Bassist and songwriter Nicky Wire told NME.COM: "It really is the poppiest album we?ve ever done. The mixer of Goldfrapp has been working with us, and he?s given it a really lovely sheen and a modern edge. We?ve been listening to The Associates, early New Order, Joy Division. It?s ?The Holy Bible? for 35-year-olds!"

The band are also planning a special edition DVD of ?The Holy Bible? to mark their landmark album?s tenth anniversary.

yertle-the-turtle said:
not that anyone would care

but d/l 'prologue to history' if you haven't heard it

one of the greatest songs ever. how it got relegated to the b-side of 'tolerate' is beyond me.

mofo....i think you know what to do... :wink:

Can't wait to hear this new album. I will definitely be purchasing it. :up: I love the song title of "I Live to Fall Asleep." After my first day at my new job, I can relate. :yawn: :D

Prologue to History indeed rocks. I agree that it's hard to understand its status as a B-side. It's terrific, and it gets better the more I listen to it. Love the beginning, love all the rocking out. :up:

And since yertle is busy with school, I thought I would be excited for the new album on his behalf. :D

Yes, I dig the song too. Glad we got around to listening to Yertle's recommendations over 8 months later :up: :wink:

And yes, I'm very interested in hearing the new single and album as well :up:

This fall/winter is going to kick too much kiester for music.

Better late than never!

*listening to Prologue to History again*

I'm fired up for this new album a ton. So fired up, in fact, that I had to listen to Everything Must Go today. Superb.

Back
Top Bottom