Manic Street Preachers - Send Away The Tigers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
Well this is what being in the army does to you. Tsk.

Anyway was having a gander at wikipedia after not having heard the Manics for ages and there's a ton of news. Jeez.

So Send Away The Tigers is to be the eighth Manics album due to be released May 7th this year. I'm marking that date, folks.

Tracklisting:
1. 'Send Away The Tigers' - 3:36
2. 'Underdogs' - 2:49
3. 'Your Love Alone Is Not Enough' - 3:55
4. 'Indian Summer' - 3:54
5. 'The Second Great Depression' - 4:09 6. 'Rendition' - 2:59
7. 'Autumnsong' - 3:40
8. 'I Am Just A Patsy' - 3:11
9. 'Imperial Bodybags' - 3:30
10. 'Winterlovers' - 3:03

Also inclues a cover of 'Working Class Hero' as a hidden track. Hmm.

At any rate if you go to manics.co.uk you can get a lovely free version of 'Underdogs', of which I am downloading now.

Then if you go on youtube and run a search or two there'll be a video for the single 'Your Love Alone' , which features Nina from the Cardigans. Which I think should already contribute to some level of awesomeness, considering how cool the Cardigans are. And I believe this should only be the third time there is a female guest vocalist on a Manics track after 'Little Baby Nothing' and 'Black Holes For The Young'. The latter of which featured none other than current B-list pop diva Sophie Ellis-Bextor. How odd.

And speaking of which, interesting video of Manics performing new single with none other than Charlotte Church. Hell beginning to freeze over, me thinks.

Well I'm off to preview all this, and I'll definitely be buying the album even if it turns out to suck.

So how did your previewing go? :)

I'm not sure about "Your Love Alone Is Not Enough." I dislike it in the beginning of the song, but by the end, I'm okay with it. I like Nina's vocals, and of course, any time Nicky sings, I'm pleased as punch to hear it. (I like his solo album far better than JDB's.)

Not long now til the album comes out. I'm ready to hear it.

I hated the Charlotte Church show performance, but that is generally because of my dislike of her...she sings with every group or performer that comes on every week....she destroys most songs. It's just one big ego trip for her.....The Manics were probably okay with it because she is Welsh.

And if you dont shine, I don't shine....*sings*

Sorry Killers related tangent:wink:

Overall though I still think the album will be pretty good:up:

Back
Top Bottom