Manic Street Preachers - Lifeblood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2popmofo said:
Could someone please tell me what "Under neon loneliness, motorcycle emptiness" means????

An inquiring mind wants to know.

If you really want to get your geek on, go to this site -
http://www.manics.nl/

You can find out more about their lyrics than any sane person should :wink:

In Motorcylce Emptiness' case -
about this phrase:

the lines 'under neon loneliness everlasting nothingness' are taken from a poem called 'neon loneliness', written by welsh poet patrick jones.

Isn't it about time to tell them "Stop being pretentious bastards and tour North America already"? :wink:

Speaking of Holy Bible, I've got the very beginning of Archives of Pain stuck in my head:
"I wonder who you think you are
You damn well think you're God or something
God give life, God taketh it away, not you
I think you are the Devil itself"

Oh yes and my lyrics from HB has got to be either from IFWHITEAMERICA or This Is Yesterday. That album is just brilliant to say the least.

I concur that manics.nl is....wow.

Anyhow, I resurrected this thread in order to say that if anyone out there does NOT have Lipstick Traces, I highly recommend it. Right now I cannot get enough of "Judge Yr'self."

:up:

Has anyone read any books on the Manics? I got a biography out of the library yesterday, I haven't started it yet but it looks like it'll be an interesting read. I'd love to find out more about Richey and everything that goes into their songwriting. :up:

I've read "Everything" by Simon Price. I would highly recommend it. Terrific biography on the Manics, with lots of insight into all of the band members, especially Richey, and the songwriting. :up:

Thanks, HeartlandGirl. The one I have is jus called A Biography by Mick Middles. Must start reading it now or I never will..

^ Nice link PR, ill show that to my Manics-Mad mate later!:wink:

As for Lifeblood, it really IS my fave MSP album at the moment. I can't get enough of it.

Oh...and the same can be said for Miss Europa Disco Dancer :dance:

I listened to Motorcycle Emptiness about 10 times last night when I couldn't sleep.. and had to give it a mention in my journal :drool:

I :heart: the Manics!

I promised, didn't I

Pheonix Festival - 1993
1. From Despair To Where
2. La Tristesse Durera
3. Slash 'n' Burn
4. Motorcycle Emptiness
5. Drug Drug Druggy
6. Roses In The Hospital
7. Motown Junk
8. You Love Us

and, as a bonus

6Music acoustic recording
1. This Is Yesterday
2. Motown Junk
3. Kevin Carter
4. Bright Eyes
5. I Live To Fall Asleep

http://s13.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=2BKJML0GTEH7U340PRQIS0XTFV

I'll do a proper show when I have time

haven't you guys used rapid share links anywhere else yet? Its got the same problems as you send it in that you arn't allowed to post the words.

Delete the space in the link and paste into your browser. When page loads, click free and scroll to the bottom. There should be a counter-timer which lasts about 30 seconds then it gives you a download link.
(However, will only let you download 20mg/1file per hour (whichever is biggest))

I'll pass the links on to mofo and HG, I think they'll be well pleased.

The 6 music sessions are missing a few tracks (covers of McCarthy and John Cale), I can up them later if anyone wants 'em.

RA-D said:
haven't you guys used rapid share links anywhere else yet? Its got the same problems as you send it in that you arn't allowed to post the words.

Delete the space in the link and paste into your browser. When page loads, click free and scroll to the bottom. There should be a counter-timer which lasts about 30 seconds then it gives you a download link.
(However, will only let you download 20mg/1file per hour (whichever is biggest))

This is what I did but still nothing is happening :sad:

Right-o, this is mainly James on acoustic radio shows and stuff. As promised, James' lovely version of John Cale's 'The Endless Plain Of Fortune' is here, revealing perhaps one musical inspiration for 'If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next'. Other tracks -

Acoustic versions of:
'Enola/Alone' with a bit of 'Lost In The Supermarket' by the Clash at the end
'Tolerate'
'Forever Delayed' (or '4 Ever Delayed' but that's awful spelling)
'Take The Skinheads Bowling' (Camper van Beethoven)
'Little Baby Nothing'

plus

'Little Baby Nothing' live with Kylie Minogue
'Stay Beautiful' live at the Milton Keynes Bowl in 1992
'Suicide Is Painless' (London Shepherd's Bush 1996)
'Roses In The Hospital' (Glastonbury 1994)

http://s4.ysi.com/d.aspx?id=0M0Z8MY0B9MFL3VH39ULLIZ0RH

have either of you got it working yet? If not, give me your email address and I'll send it that way. Thanks yurtle, some stuff there I hadn't got, in particular the Kylie Minogue version of LBN

Back
Top Bottom