Manic Street Preachers/ British Music Scene

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hitman

Acrobat
I worked in Ireland for a Semester in the fall of 1998, and as a result I am a fan of Robbie Williams, and I developed a real taste for British music. "If you tolerate this, then your children will be next" is one of the best songs I have ever heard, and I was wondering what other songs are currently hits in the British Isles that are comparable to this song, and if there are any other manic songs released in the past few years that are as good as "Tolerate..." that I should download immediately....

------------------
You Just Can't Get Enough Of That Lovey Dovey Stuff...

Yay, you like Robbie! That has made my day. He is absolutely brilliant. Most of the music I listen to is by English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish of course artists. It's not a deliberate thing, for some reason I just seem to gravitate towards that scene. I'm not really a Manics fan but I'm bored so I
thought I'd recommend some people to you -
David Gray
The Verve/Richard Ashcroft
Texas
Oasis
Blur
Travis
Coldplay
Stereophonics
Toploader
Jamiroquai
Dido
Ash - "Burn Baby Burn" single
The Stone Roses
Radiohead
Badly Drawn Boy
Shea Seger ( she's American but based in London )

Some of these people are well known in America I know but that's just off the top of my head. I'm not sure what's in the charts in the UK at the moment. Er, that was probably no help to you at all. You might like Doves if you're into the Manics but I've not heard their record.

Maybe you should buy some for a chance.

------------------
I can`t change the world but i can
change the world in me.

Read you, Rono.

Back again. You should check out Q magazine, it's brilliant. I had a quick look at their website and it's really good. I found a buyer's guide written by one guy who said -

Manic Street Preachers albums:
Must haves are 'Everything Must Go' & 'The Holy Bible'
Recommended are 'Generation Terrorists'
Worth investigating is 'Gold Against the Soul'& 'This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours'( this has 'Tolerate' on it)
Approach with caution was 'Know Your Enemy'( the latest)
There's reviews of all the records and audio clips as well.
The website is at www.q4music.com
The Top of the Pops Website at www.totp.beeb.com has all the UK charts also
I hope this helps!!

Back
Top Bottom