Manic Street Preachers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Your Favourite Manic Street Preachers Album?

• The Holy Bible

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Gold Against The Soul

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Generation Terrorist

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Everything Must Go

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Know Your Enemy!

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Know Our B-Sides!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
hmm its such a shame these boys have mellowed out along with time

i mean, who here doesnt see their 'Holy Bible' album as 'your Holy Bible'?

oh yeh, one of rock's greatest mysteries is definitely where did their original guitarist Richey Edwards go?

for one i miss that certain 'LOSER retro punk' feel about their music since Edwards went AWOL on us

still one thinks everyone here likes their Everything Must Go and This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours albums, because they SO "u2-ey" :eyebrow:

ah well

its so fucking funny, dont you know?

I'm absolutely unfamiliar with any music by these dudes. though i downloaded a few songs once and didn't really like them.

I like most of their stuff, although I feel like I haven't listened to them in a long time. I did really like 'The Everlasting' off of 'This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours.'

I luuuuuurve the Manics- they are a great band, I remember that I got into them in about 98 when I heard Tsunami and then I saw a concert of them playing at Glastonburry and was in love with their music and power and then I discovered their earlier albums and read about the whole mystery thing and was very, very intrigued, so anyway I voted for this is my truth but I must say that it was hard not to go for the Holy bible as well, oh well when I get home today I think I will go and listen to some Manics:)

also i thought they were funny in their weird mysterious behaviour in their earlier days
especially by nicky wire and richey edwards
i mean nicky once said in a concert he was devoting this song to michael stipe who is on his death bed dying of AIDS
how fucked up is that? haha :tongue:

well they shouldnt have mellowed out, for one, we've got someone named Bono and his overpatriotism towards America. an act like that is as popular as a nerd bending over to pick up his pencil they dropped in gradeschool asking for a wedgie, or an atomic wedgie

ccolhandlaura said:
Manic Street Preachers=:no: :sick:

no offense or anything, thats just what *I* think:)

yeh that lead singer bloke has an awful whiney voice- i do like one or two fo their tunes tho :)

Lara Mullen said:

yeh that lead singer bloke has an awful whiney voice- i do like one or two fo their tunes tho :)

hes changed his singing style from the earlier days
he started off virtually just screaming and shouting at the microphone to accomodate Richey Edwards' confrontational lyrics

and oh yeh and many think he looks like that former character Billy from Ally McBeal

CrashedCarDriver said:
i mean nicky once said in a concert he was devoting this song to michael stipe who is on his death bed dying of AIDS
QUOTE]

less fucked up as sick, attentiongrabbing, publicitystunting stupidness.

..motorcycle emptinessssssss~~

with Everything Must Go a close second

coolhandlaura said:
CrashedCarDriver said:
QUOTE]

less fucked up as sick, attentiongrabbing, publicitystunting stupidness.

We all are of, walking abortion- especially Bono :evil:

theyve got a greatest hits album on the way soon

im 50:50 on the idea

for they were an album band to start with, and they had something to say, they just went and said it

but from Everything Must Go indicated it was about music rather than having all these things to say

Extremely overated band with a couple of good tunes.

Watched their gig in cuba type documentary and thought what a bunch of tossers.

Good to see that for all their rantings about not selling out they are having a best of (which ive heard they said they never would) they must be short of cash after the last album flopped.

I admit i dont mind a few of their songs and lets be honest, "design for life" was probably one of the greatest songs of the 90's, but they think they are better than what they are i.m.o.

zoomerang II said:
Extremely overated band with a couple of good tunes.

Watched their gig in cuba type documentary and thought what a bunch of tossers.

Good to see that for all their rantings about not selling out they are having a best of (which ive heard they said they never would) they must be short of cash after the last album flopped.

I admit i dont mind a few of their songs and lets be honest, "design for life" was probably one of the greatest songs of the 90's, but they think they are better than what they are i.m.o.

yeh their last album was not particularly good, and 2 others werent that good either, but theyve had three really really really good albums in the process

and thats the thing about the manics, is that their really really really really really really good albums is up there amongst the best of all time

eg: The Holy Bible

that is one essential album to have... er... :uhoh: maybe not for an american, but if you want something angry, in your face and making a point, this is the album to get, they just 'said' what they had to say

you know i for one usually look pass the onstage antics (nicky wire and his makeup and dresses and punkish attitude) and publicity stunts of the rock and roll acts and listen to the music instead. i caught on to them purely for their music, i had no idea that they had the intent of dethroning the guns and roses (who are they now?) in their early days. anyway just checking in their website their singer on the interview audio clips admits that the band has failed in many ways but have succeeded in others, for one they have outlasted the gunners

Back
Top Bottom