Manganui-o-te-Ao River, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So no 5th, 4th and in between ones?

I've been using some 19th fret harmonics too. Haven't really touched 4th ... 5th I've tried, but I just don't find them that crisp. Maybe I'm just not good at them.

Well...well...*can't think of a comeback*

Nah, tried them, found them insufferably boring. May go back at some point, doubt it.

Hah, good, glad I'm not the only one who thinks they're dull ... everybody else who knows them seems to think fairly well of them!

And now you know at least part of how I feel when I listen to The Smiths. :wink:

:lol:

my GOD there's an intimidating amount of music I want.

If only I had an endless supply of JB HiFi vouchers... :sigh:

Well, here's a taster of Crim.

One note about them: THEY CHANGE EVERY SINGLE ALBUM. THIS IS BY NO MEANS REPRESENTATIVE OF ANY OTHER CRIMSON. It's off the Discipline album and as such is from that sound. They didn't have a stable lineup until their ninth album, so...

YouTube - King Crimson - Sheltering Sky (1982)

I believe Bonnie once called it something like floppy-haired Englishmen making their guitars sound like dying elephants.

I didn't mean that in a bad way, though!

I don't think Loveless is the best shoegaze album but I still love it and think that it's maybe the most essential to the sound, not necessarily in being the greatest, but just because it shows what the sound is like better than any other album, MBV or otherwise, IMO.

I didn't mean that in a bad way, though!

I don't think Loveless is the best shoegaze album but I still love it and think that it's maybe the most essential to the sound, not necessarily in being the greatest, but just because it shows what the sound is like better than any other album, MBV or otherwise, IMO.

I didn't mean it in a bad way then either!

I'd still introduce people to shoegaze via Nowhere. It's a great representation of the sound too, and perhaps the only thing Loveless represents more is the indistinct vocals (but then again, MBV did take the indistinct vocals to an extreme that the likes of Ride, Slowdive, Kitchens Of Distinction, and especially Swervedriver never went).

I mean, Seagull's wall of sound just makes anything on Loveless look pissweak.

Did you just get your mind blown or something? :lol:

i wouldn't say that, no, but i was glued to it.

should one of their albums be $10, i'll be back here in a few days to talk about it.

for now, i'm off, watching either bathurst highlight dvds from the past 40 years, sound relief, or how i met your mother.

goodnight one, goodnight all.

EMBRACE THE MARTIAN

RE: Bonnie's picture.

You drew that? I was aware that you had some skilled artistic talent so I wasn't surprised to see something that fantastic, and professional. :up:

Ooh yes, I need to buy that Sound Relief DVD ... : lazy and stingy :

Well...take a few albums from there anyway.

EIGHT MORE?!

Television - Marquee Moon
Tom Waits - Rain Dogs
Phish - Live Phish 15
The Cure - Faith
Dream Theater - Falling Into Infinity
Roger Waters - Amused To Death
Ultravox - Rage In Eden
Camel - Moonmadness

Um, 'kay?

The more I listen to Wavering Radiant, the more I think Isis have released one of the albums of 2009, and possibly their defining album. Fuck Panopticon, all its awesomeness notwithstanding.

Back
Top Bottom