Man arrested for burning kitten on grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
July 17, 2002 Posted: 5:15 AM EDT (0915 GMT)

LIBERTY, Missouri (AP) -- A man was arrested Tuesday for allegedly burning a kitten on a barbecue grill as several other people stood around and watched in amusement.

A witness pulled the scorched, 7-week-old tabby from the hot coals, but it was severely injured and had to be put to death, police said.

"They kept saying, `Meow, meow,' and they were poking at it with a stick," said Sherry Scott, who burned her hand grabbing the kitten.

Charles C. Benoit, 24, was charged with animal abuse, punishable by up to five years in prison and a $5,000 fine. He was jailed on $10,000 bail.

Jim Roberts, spokesman for the Clay County prosecutor's office, said he does not expect anyone else to be charged, because no witnesses could identify the others.

Scott said that on Friday night, she saw 10 or 12 people at the barbecue grill in the courtyard of the apartment complex where she lives. Scott said she asked what they were cooking, and they said it was a cat. She said the group taunted her, daring her to rescue the cat.

She said the group scattered when she threatened to call police. She said she pulled the kitten from where it had been shoved into the coals at the back of the grill. Its tail, whiskers, fur, eyes and throat were scorched.

"I called him Lucky because I thought I got him out of there just in time," she said.

Scott said she and other residents stayed up Friday night trying to nurse the kitten with an eye dropper of milk. But animal control officers decided that because of its respiratory injuries and inability to swallow food, it had to be destroyed.

"If you would have seen him, you would have cried," said Sheri Simpson, one of the residents who helped care for the kitten.

how could one possibly do something like this, let alone derive humour from it. people can be so sick. ugh.

Cruelty to animals is one of the first signs of psychopathic behavior. Hope he gets the stiffest penalty plus therapy, else he could be serious trouble later in life.

Not to turn this into a gory gratuitous cruelty-to-animals thread, but this one has a super weird ending (but don't read any further if you're super sensitive)....

when I was in high school a group of guys were known for their 'pranks' (i.e., psychopathic behavior) of burying cats with only their heads sticking out of the ground and then running over them with lawnmowers, beheading them.

a few years later, one of them, all grown up and a 'nice guy' now, had an accident on a tractor where he got caught in a swarm of bees, fell off the tractor, was run over and beheaded by the tractor.

true story.

instant karma's gonna getcha

That's fucking sick. That guy should be tossed in jail for a good 10 years at LEAST. Mix him in with the rapists and molesters too. Damn shit like that pisses me off. Low life scum. :down:

I heard this yesterday.

I hope when he gets to hell his torture will be him burning on a grill for all of eternity.

Oh my god. That's one of the cruelest, most awful things I've ever heard. I wanna go home and smooch my kitty....

Who DOES things like that?

They should throw his ass onto some hot coals and see how he likes it.

Sicko. Makes me want to throw up. :sick: :shocked: :angry:

yummy

sounds good
yummy!!!!!
makes me hungry
bbq kitty

i hope all of you who replied are vegetarians
whats the difference between a cat and a cow?
nothing

makes me wonder about the 96% of meat eaters in this country
(statistics Time magizine)

Re: yummy

SFGAL said:
sounds good
yummy!!!!!
makes me hungry
bbq kitty

nothing

Uh....excuse me, thats not quite the same thing. We dont put whole cows or baby calves on the grill WHILE THEY ARE STILL ALIVE!!! I think I can see the point you were trying to make buried in their somewhere but the way you went about making it is really twisted and innapropriate. Ass.

SFGAL said:
sounds good
yummy!!!!!
makes me hungry
bbq kitty

nothing

What the fuck???

I wonder if she'd know the difference between a boot and a shoe.

* cough *

SFGAL said:
sounds good
yummy!!!!!
makes me hungry
bbq kitty

nothing

That's the most ridiculous argument I've ever heard. Considering the meat we get are from animals specifically bred for food, whereas cats are animals that have been domesticated and kept as pets for centuries.

But what's even more worrisome is that these people obviously knew that cats are not for eating, nor were they intending to eat it. They meant it as an act of torture. Nothing more, nothing less. I'd be just as offended if they took a live calf and put it on a grill to torture it.

So take your "meat eaters vs. vegetarians" argument and stuff it.

Tori Amos' fairy is telling me to tell you sometimes you're nothing but meat.......

also the cows that we consume are as sacred to some religions as cats were in ancient Egpyt. We are all connected by some kind of worship.... but cows are raised to be eaten. Cats are raised to be.....touchy-touchied. What are you on, and when do you get off?
:huh:

Jim Morrison said:
Tori Amos' fairy is telling me to tell you sometimes you're nothing but meat.......

also the cows that we consume are as sacred to some religions as cats were in ancient Egpyt. We are all connected by some kind of worship.... but cows are raised to be eaten. Cats are raised to be.....touchy-touchied. What are you on, and when do you get off?
:huh:

And beside of this, that cat was alive.

Rono said:

And beside of this, that cat was alive.

Normally I would insist that we all die every day. But yes. I concede that this feline did nothing to deserve this. I may be related to Morris the cat, you know.

Back
Top Bottom