Mamma Mia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
Is anyone going to see it? I will, even though I never saw the play. It has a main cast of non-singers so that will be interesting. I have seen clips of Meryl Streep singing and it didn't seem too awful. Pierce Brosnan, well I don't know. He sure is nice to look at though. Colin Firth is in it too. Amanda Seyfried, who was in Mean Girls and several tv shows plays Meryl's daughter. The scenery in Greece looks beautiful too.

It's opening Fri against Dark Knight, which doesn't seem like a very good idea but I guess they assume it's two completely different audience demographics.

I don't think anyone expects it to do anywhere as well as TDK, that's just ridiculous.

I'm absolutely going to see it, as a big fan of Abba and musicals, and good-looking men like Pierce Brosnan and Colin Firth. :wink:

I'm definitely going to see it with mommy this weekend! It looks so cute and the musical was soooo good. And I love watching anything filmed in Greece for the beautiful scenery :drool: BTW I read in an article that Amanda Seyfried has like 5 years of musical training and actually wanted to be a singer before she was an actress, so she shouldn't be that bad :wink:

I definitely want to see this, but I'm not sure which one to see first: this or TDK

I will admit that I am NOT a fan of ABBA, but when they dangle a film that has Colin Firth AND Pierce Brosnan in front of me I absolutely cannot resist :love: Who knows, maybe it'll convert me into an ABBA fan :shrug:

I've got "Dancing Queen" stuck in my head right now :doh:

I want to see Dark Knight as much as I want to see Mama Mia. Maybe I will opt for Mama Mia this weekend and catch Dark Knight next weekend. I assume the lines will be long and tickets scarce for Dark Knight.

:yes: that's what I'm doing too. my brother is going at midnight and he bought his ticket for dark night last week. he said it's so sold out all over the country that it's the first movie ever where they are having 12am, 3am, and 6am showings :ohmy:

back to mamma mia! going to see it tomorrow at 11:30 :hyper:

:yes: that's what I'm doing too. my brother is going at midnight and he bought his ticket for dark night last week. he said it's so sold out all over the country that it's the first movie ever where they are having 12am, 3am, and 6am showings :ohmy:

back to mamma mia! going to see it tomorrow at 11:30 :hyper:

3AM and 6AM show times? :crack:

I couldn't make it through an 11:30 PM show time. I think an early matinee will do fine for me. :reject:

I'm the only one singing Abba whenever I go out for karaoke. And I get peeved if there are only one or two songs. I want the whole gamut, people! I want The Winner Takes It All! And Waterloo! And Knowing Me, Knowing You!

:grumpy:

Back
Top Bottom