Mama's got a squeeze box

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
if you enjoy dwarfs and goblins and lord of the rings and witches and crap like that, i suppose zeppelin is the band for you.

I'm sorry that the only Zeppelin song you've ever heard is Stairway To Heaven.

What about...

Good Times Bad Times
Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
You Shook Me
Dazed And Confused
Your Time Is Gonna Come
Communication Breakdown
I Cant Quit You Baby
How Many More Times
Whole Lotta Love
The Lemon Song
Thank You
Heartbreaker
Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman)
Moby Dick
Bring It On Home
Since I've Been Loving You
Out On The Tiles
Gallows Pole
Tangerine
Thats The Way
Bron-Y-Aur Stomp
Hats Off To (Roy) Harper
Black Dog
Rock And Roll
Four Sticks
Going To California
When The Levee Breaks
The Song Remains The Same
The Rain Song
The Crunge
Dancing Days
D'yer Mak'er
The Ocean
Custard Pie
The Rover
In My Time Of Dying
Houses Of The Holy
Trampled Under foot
Bron-Yr-Aur
Down By The Seaside
Ten Years Gone
Night Flight
The Wanton Song
Boogie With Stu
Black Country Woman
Sick Again
Achilles Last Stand
For Your Life
Royal Orleans
Nobody's Fault But Mine
Candy Store Rock
Hots On For Nowhere
Tea For One
In The Evening
South Bound Saurez
Fool In The Rain
Hot Dog
Carouselambra
All My Love
I'm Gonna Crawl

Headache's post and that entire stereotype fails at life.

Lancemc said:
Led Zeppelin fails at being interesting for more than 45 minutes at a stretch. :down:

So they make incredibly interesting albums then? :happy:

Plus, my skip button pressing finger tends to be itchier when listening to the Who. It's the strangest thing. :uhoh:

Why is this topic named after one of the Who's most embarrassing songs anyway? Why isn't it called "They're all WAAAASTED!" or something? :huh:

Because I was listening to Squeeze Box at the time and it's a great song :grumpy:

Plus, I love the awkward sexual euphemisms in that song.

Oh, LMP, you were right in the original post; Quick One is the Who's most underrated song (except for maybe Sunrise...I still love that one). Everything about Quick One is awesome.

Quick question :wink: Better version:

Rock N' Roll Circus or Leeds?

LemonMelon said:

I'm sorry that the only Zeppelin song you've ever heard is Stairway To Heaven.

What about...

Good Times Bad Times
Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
You Shook Me
Dazed And Confused
Your Time Is Gonna Come
Communication Breakdown
I Cant Quit You Baby
How Many More Times
Whole Lotta Love
The Lemon Song
Thank You
Heartbreaker
Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman)
Moby Dick
Bring It On Home
Since I've Been Loving You
Out On The Tiles
Gallows Pole
Tangerine
Thats The Way
Bron-Y-Aur Stomp
Hats Off To (Roy) Harper
Black Dog
Rock And Roll
Four Sticks
Going To California
When The Levee Breaks
The Song Remains The Same
The Rain Song
The Crunge
Dancing Days
D'yer Mak'er
The Ocean
Custard Pie
The Rover
In My Time Of Dying
Houses Of The Holy
Trampled Under foot
Bron-Yr-Aur
Down By The Seaside
Ten Years Gone
Night Flight
The Wanton Song
Boogie With Stu
Black Country Woman
Sick Again
Achilles Last Stand
For Your Life
Royal Orleans
Nobody's Fault But Mine
Candy Store Rock
Hots On For Nowhere
Tea For One
In The Evening
South Bound Saurez
Fool In The Rain
Hot Dog
Carouselambra
All My Love
I'm Gonna Crawl

Headache's post and that entire stereotype fails at life.

thanks...

i've heard more than stairway, 'preciate it tough.

i like a few songs... communication breakdown, thank you.. a few others perhaps. overall, i find them boring.

not saying that i'm right for you, but i'm right for me. i don't like them, i find the who to be far superior.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

thanks...

i've heard more than stairway, 'preciate it tough.

i like a few songs... communication breakdown, thank you.. a few others perhaps. overall, i find them boring.

not saying that i'm right for you, but i'm right for me. i don't like them, i find the who to be far superior.

Thanks for giving a non-sarcastic opinion. :wink: You tend to get fewer lists when you do that. :drool:

LemonMelon said:
Oh, LMP, you were right in the original post; Quick One is the Who's most underrated song (except for maybe Sunrise...I still love that one). Everything about Quick One is awesome.

Quick question :wink: Better version:

Rock N' Roll Circus or Leeds?

Rock N' Roll Circus, all the way.

I really do think every member of the Who is like picking from an all-star team.

Pete Townshend is probably one of the most gifted, cerebral songwriters and unique guitar players of the past 50 years.

Roger Daltrey is one of the best frontmen and had probably the best rock n' roll scream ever. Listen to Baba O'Riley or Won't Get Fooled Again for examples.

Keith Moon is one of the most innovative and rambunctious drummers ever. Who else played along with the guitar and vocals over the bass? My favorite Moon story was when he had a goldfish in his drumkit and a reporter asked "what's with the goldfish" and Keith said, "I get hungry."

John Entwhistle is The Ox for good reason, his strong presense and thumping basslines were really the backbone for every Who song. He was the foundation, the rock, the balls, the Burgundy. Everything. Plus, he did Boris the Spider.

That's what I love about this band, they not only had amazing chemistry but if you took them out and put them in another band, they could easily be the best member in that other band. Other bands like U2 have great chemistry too, but would Larry be the "star drummer" or Adam be the "star bassist", no I don't think so.

LemonMacPhisto said:

That's what I love about this band, they not only had amazing chemistry but if you took them out and put them in another band, they could easily be the best member in that other band. Other bands like U2 have great chemistry too, but would Larry be the "star drummer" or Adam be the "star bassist", no I don't think so.

:up: Indeed, they are a very, very talented band. It's why they were so incredible live...probably even better than Zeppelin (never was crazy about their live show; too much wanking around onstage).

Definitely.

I like Zeppelin too, don't get me wrong. IV is one of the best albums ever, but if I could go back in time and see a show between Zeppelin or The Who, I'd have to go back and see a Who Leeds show.

PS - Zeppelin's most underrated song is "Misty Mountain Hop"

Lancemc said:
All Of My Love. :yuck:

If we're talking about sucky Zeppelin songs, D'yer M'aker (or however it's spelt) is waaaaaayyyyyyy worse! I cannot even stand to listen to that song when it comes on the radio. :yuck:

And overall I prefer Zeppelin any day to the Who! Granted, I haven't heard all of the Who's Discography like I have for Zeppelin. But every band member in Zeppelin was close to being an expert in what they did, IMO. Best drummer ever. Best Guitar player ever. Best bassist ever. Good vocalist. I, II, III, IV, Houses of the Holy, Physical Graffiti... so many kick ass albums! :drool:

That said, Daltrey is probably a better vocalist than Plant. Gah... this is why I hate comparing bands! :madspit:

Personally, I'd have to say Daltery is a better vocalist and Entwhistle is wayyy better on the ole 4-string (or 8 as the case may be :drool: ) than JPJ. The other two possitions are debatable. But let's not forget just how obscenely awesome Kieth Moon is.

Back
Top Bottom