Make-up - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-14-2003, 07:57 PM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife
I think alot of guys feel the way NB does.

My hubby prefers me without makeup and if he had his way, I'd never wear it at all. He says I look the most beautiful first thing in the morning with messy hair and pale skin. I want to believe him but I'm thinking its because he doesn't have his glasses on yet.

He sees this

I see this

Sam says that I look beautiful without makeup. A clear sign that he's either insane or needs a vision check.

Old 01-14-2003, 08:38 PM   #47
Bono's Belly Dancing Friend

Local Time: 07:08 AM

Yes, it must be a husband thing. Steve says he can't tell the difference whether I'm wearing makeup or not, but that's totally ridiculous because it's like the difference between black and white and technicolour!

I wear makeup every day, I have to look good at work. But it is quite subtle. I use the Mac Studiofix. That stuff is awesome and you'd never know it was there. Worth every penny! I also use blush, dark eye bag cover up, liner applied with a tiny wedge brush (easier on the eyes) and mascara. I use shadow for special occasions. Oh, and lipstick of course. If I didn't have to do this makeup routine every morning, life would be so much simpler. I LOOOOVE going out without makeup on the weekend!

But then my mom says, "You look AWFUL dear, much too tired, ill and stressed out. You need makeup!"

Oh, and I think a bit of makeup on a man can look extremely sexy. ie eyeliner. Hey, if it works for us, it works for them too! Ewan McGregor case in point.

Old 01-14-2003, 10:48 PM   #48
Refugee

Local Time: 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
i am one of those asses who puts on her makeup in her car.
As I heard on a public service announcement once...

"If you don't take the time to get ready before you get in the car, you'll be in for a makeover you'll never forget."
Old 01-14-2003, 10:58 PM   #49
Acrobat

Local Time: 04:08 AM
I don't care either way. To me it's the girl who wears the makeup, not the makeup itself
Old 01-14-2003, 11:01 PM   #50
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 03:08 AM
Normal

Quote:
Originally posted by AvsGirl41
I have rosacea so my skin is perpetually red and splotchy--
I think I have that too. Right around my nose and a little on my cheeks.

foundation takes it away though.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:01 PM   #51
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Cajun
I don't care either way. To me it's the girl who wears the makeup, not the makeup itself
Old 01-14-2003, 11:33 PM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

I have the same problem as gheto -- very pale skin with red scars from acne. I didn't start breaking out until I was 21. The red marks go away after a couple of months, but I have to use green concealer and then regular concealer to cover them up while they're there. And my nose is always red.
Old 01-14-2003, 11:43 PM   #53
MacPhisto's serving wench

MAC coes have nice stuff. Their blot powder is gorgeous. Adn their lipglasses and eyeshadows are nice too.

I sometime wear a little concealer under my eyes too, when I spend too many nights awake studying....

I try to keep it natural. One day to work, i wore red lipstick. People were like, 'Wow! You're wearing make-up!" I was just like, 'I wear make-up everyday.." To which they replied, "No way!"

Ah, the natural look.
Old 01-15-2003, 12:11 AM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:08 AM
I don't wear any. Never have.
Old 01-15-2003, 02:09 AM   #55
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife
My hubby prefers me without makeup and if he had his way, I'd never wear it at all. He says I look the most beautiful first thing in the morning with messy hair and pale skin.
hey, my husband's the same way. he always goes on about how cute i look first thing in the morning. he especially does when i wake up like 10 minutes before he does, after he's had his breakfast and become among the living. i stumble out of bed and he's like "awwww it's cutey frau!!" and i'm like "get out of my way ass i have to brush my teeth."

okay so that last part was weird, i know, but that's how we are in the mornings.
Old 01-15-2003, 03:24 AM   #56
I serve MacPhisto

Local Time: 07:08 PM

to a certain extent, i enjoy putting on and experimenting with makeup (perhaps because i thoroughly enjoy any activity that is mildly artistic in nature)! i love achieving different "looks" with make-up (for me personally, make-up just another palette).

i wear make-up, however, only when i go to work (i try and achieve as natural a look as possible) and when i'm going out with friends (in this instance, the way in which i apply my make-up--i.e. coverage, color scheme, etc,-- is more or less dependant on the formality/informality of the place in which we're going). the rest of the time, i need to let my skin breath (especially while i'm residing in singapore's dreadfully hot and humid weather)!

there was a period of time in which i felt as though i absolutely had to wear cover-up/foundation at all times because of the fact that i have a relatively small, faint, superficial scar directly underneath my one eye (the result of falling into the corner of a coffee table when i was young). finally, when people close to me would inform me that they had not really noticed the scar until i had specifically pointed it out to them, i gradually began not to feel so self-conscious.

for the life of me, i will NOT wear make-up while exercising...it boggles my mind whenever i observe women at the gym sporting a completely made up face. nor do i wear make-up to classes, to run errands, on my off days, around the house, etc.

sidenote: i absolutely haaaaaaaaaaate eye liner on myself!! you could not pay me to use that stuff! no matter what color i choose, how little i apply, or whether i create a fine or smudged line.....i end up looking so gaudy/trashy/elviraish--perhaps because i have a double set of naturally dark eyelashes as well as rather dark, defined eyes to begin with.

on the other hand, i looooooooooove lipstick, gloss, balms, etc. in fact, i own way too many brands and shades of each! so it really irks me when one of my guy friends is constantly telling me to abstain from lipsticks, as he feels it is such a waste considering "i naturally have lovely, bright pink lips". whatever, he can bite me

although i hate how expensive their make-up line runs, i'm a
huge fan of MAC cosmetics.
Old 01-15-2003, 07:32 AM   #57
New Yorker

Very pale skin, blonde eyelashes, blonde brows so without makeup I'd pretty much be blank.

I put the foundation or powder on at home then do my eyes in my parked car after I get to work.

Addicted to lip balm/gloss!

All this MAC talk has really intrigued me, but I don't think there is anywhere near me to buy it, and I wouldn't have a clue on what to get over the net.
Old 01-15-2003, 09:40 AM   #58
The Fly

i use lipstick
and if i don't people will ask if i'm feeling well.
My aunt lives in New York and she's 82, but she looks like 60. The people here in holland don't believe that she's above the age of 65.
i think that in the usa make-up more important is, then in holland
Old 01-15-2003, 10:44 AM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes
"get out of my way ass i have to brush my teeth."
awww ain't love grand.