Make Fun of Commercials

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TBS seems to have a thing for horrible commercials. GMI for one, and all the stupid Lawyer adds on top of it. How many people actually pick their lawyer through a T.V. commercial for gods sake?

And yes way too many medical commercials. Especially in North America! Cough syrup add with the lady deciding to go to work that day or not and the background music..."Should I stay or should I go!" :madspit:

My pet peeve at the moment is that stupid commercial with 2 idiots discussing lyrics to "Rock the Casbah" and one of them goes..."what? stop the catbox?" :|

(hmm...this wasn't meant to be a rant on Clash songs in commercials...oddly enough)

The Chevy commercials with the John Mellencamp song that are played on every commercial break no matter what I'm watching.... Christ almighty those are the most annoying things ever. Especially the way he delivers the "so let the voice of FREEDOM" line. If this really is "our country," maybe I don't want to live here anymore.

John Mellencamp sucks.

John Mellencamp sucks aside, that is exaclty how i feel about that commercial...It's freakin' on ALL the time

I currently hate the commercials that are ruining classic movies i.e. The Office Space Commercial and the A Christmas Story commercial.

However I also hate anycommercial that has the main character lip syncing a famous song, there just aren't any exmples that jump to mind

I am currently hating the had for some credit cards rewards points that features the actor (who I have seen but no idea who he is) with a really bad Russian accent and his lame companion racking up rewards points wherever they go. The companion sits there and flips the numbers over so you see how many points they get just by flying!! LAME

I don't know if it's already here, but I hate that BMW commercial with the screaming kids opening up the present, I hate that one with the fire of a thousand suns.

I just want to smack those kids :wink:

ljclary said:
I am currently hating the had for some credit cards rewards points that features the actor (who I have seen but no idea who he is) with a really bad Russian accent and his lame companion racking up rewards points wherever they go. The companion sits there and flips the numbers over so you see how many points they get just by flying!! LAME

"Rewarding, VERY VERY rewarding!"

:p

Yeah, that one annoys the bejeezus out of me too. :down:

ljclary said:

Oh yea...I'm starting to hate that Citibank credit card commerical too :grumpy:

The Mellencamp one is still the crown prince of ass-suck, but the Kia commercial with the "So long, farewel, auf wiedersen goodbye" song that's on every commercial break on ESPN is almost causing me to kill myself.

The new Victoria's Secret ad with Heidi Klum singing Santa Baby!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Ummm....YOU CAN"T SING

ljclary said:
The new Victoria's Secret ad with Heidi Klum singing Santa Baby!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Ummm....YOU CAN"T SING

Who cares? That commercial is an instant erectifier.

Laird/Bono said:
:wink: By far, my fave has to be the GEICO / Caveman series of spots.

I adore the one in the airport when he walks by the billboard with him on it!! Talk about a great ad campaign that just does not get old!!

Back
Top Bottom