Magners Cider

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
aka Bulmer's Cider(from Ireland). People this is now available outside of Ireland. You might have to look around for it...I go to a little Irish pub in a smaller town and they have it, but the big fat Irish pubs in downtown Seattle don't have it.
I love this cider. It's so good that I drank more of this than Guinness when I was in Ireland(and I love Guinness).
I don't know if you've ever tried Strongbow Cider, but it's crap(in my opinion)and it has a horrible after taste.
This stuff is awesome. It tastes like normal(not hard)cider...so you can drink a bit more than you might have intended. No funny after taste, just apple lovin'! I really want to encourage you all to try a pint.
:drunk:
Happy drinking!
Mrs.Clayton

I'll have to look for that. The cider we have in the states is utter crap in comparison to what I had in England!

Bulmer's...:drool: I drank it more than Guinness, too. I was so happy when I saw the sign for Magner's at the Irish pub I like...something about how lots of Irish had to change their names when they came to the States, so the cider did too. After a few I tend to call it Bulmer's when I order, but the bartenders know what I'm talking about. :)

I checked my liquor store web site and they list Bulmer Strongbow. Is this what I should be looking for the next time I go shopping.? I couldn't find a listing for Magner's.

you can get massive bottles of Magners at the pubs here :drool: Its very sweet though but tasty.

I dont know why they sell Magners and Bulmers together though if they are identical. :shrug:

i :heart: apple and pear cider...i was just at an irish pub yesterday and today...i shoulda asked if they had Mangers. ah well i read this thread too late.

my favorite cider right now is Ace's Pear Cider :drool:

Justified said:
who makes really good Pear Cider?

Spire...they make apple and pear cider. But I'm not sure if you can get it out of washington state.

No strongbow cider :yuck:
run away.
It's just called Magners.
:drunk:

Fizz and Bammo have confirmed my fear that cider is a drink for teenagers and old-man alcoholics (since you can buy it in HUGE 2-liter plastic bottles for like ?1 or something) in the UK and Ireland. I think it was jkayet who said that when she was living in Ireland that old men would make fun of her and her friends when they ordered cider, saying it was what 15 year olds drink when they want to get pissed.

This saddens me because I don't really like beer (except Guinness) or shots (except Goldschlagger), mixed drinks are too expensive, and I have to drink about 10 alcopops very quickly to feel anything, but I like cider.

I''ve never gotten any razz about drinking cider...I like it, it's yummy and if it's good enough for Prince William, it's good enough for me.
:yes:

Back
Top Bottom