Magazines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the economist
wired
a couple of journals: columbia journalism review, policy matters
two papers a day: tor star or new york times and globe and mail.

Major props to all those Vogue readers out there!!!

My baby appreciates it, and so do I. And to think my last name will be on the Vogue masthead in about 5 months!!!

Anyway that was very lame mine are:

-DuPont Registry
-Robb Report
-Car
-Evo
-Architectural Record
-Architecture
-Contract

My husband and I subscribe to:
Yoga Journal
Discover
Tropical Fish Hobbyist
National Geographic (which I don't like all that much)

I always read YJ and Discover cover to cover.

A friend loans me Vegetarian Times when she's done reading them.

I also read Publishers Weekly here at work. Gotta keep up with stuff in the biz.

Our current collection:

Air & Space
Christian History
Christianity Today (gift subscription)
Discipleship Journal
Moody's (gift subscription)
PC Gamer
Prevention (gift subscription)
Smithsonian
World

hub buys
electronics today international
PC User
I read some of the articles

I buy Guitar Player and Guitar World for my sons if they contain lessons in them they want, occassionally BMX Rider.

I buy myself current mags if U2 are in them, otherwise I buy 2nd hand Rolling Stone, Q and Vox for $1 each.
I also buy 2nd hand Cosmopolitan and Cleo's for 20cents each. I enjoy all that stuff a bit too much maybe.
I bought a Who magazine recently with their 25 most beautiful people list, because Orlando Bloom and Daniel Johns were on the cover. What a lovely surprise to find Bono in there as well( I was reading it in bed and all :))
Our local newspaper is a bit of a National Party rag, but they have an excellent staff photographer. I buy the Monday edition to see his great sports photos. He has won quite a few awards lately. I predict big things for him. He's a great muso too, plays in the local band that gets the most work. I'm a big admirer of his.

I used to read Family Circle, House and Garden and Grassroots, but I just cook and create by ear now:)

Newsweek
People
Cosmo
W
Glamour
Billboard
Rolling Stone
Paris Match

I'm starting to like this magazine called Utne. Has anyone heard about it? It's a cool magazine that calls itself "alternative" and it talks about a lot of things, from culture, society, life, globalization, environmentalism, you name it. But it doesn't talk about mainstream topics, like, it doesn't talk about celebrities or mainstream politics. I don't think it even had articles on the war. But it's a cool magazine, and I recommend it!

Perle

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom