Magazine mail-off: part 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Ok, here we go. The first group of mags came out of a misc. box full of early 80s stuff. There will be many, many parts to the mail-off, so keep watching B&C for new mags.

The rules are mostly the same as the vinyl unloading, but with a few twists:
1. Post which ones you want. First post gets it.
2. PM me your address. No PM, then post your email address here and I'll contact you.
3. The mag mail-off must be North America only, unless you contact me and we arrange something. It cost me 12 clams to have some records take a nice, unclaimed roundtrip to Austria and back. :mad: :shame:
4. You can't send me anything in return for these.
5. Since magazine postage is cheap, you don't have to donate it to anyone, although that is still an option. :)
6. Mags will be mailed folded.

Here are the first eight, nothing too spectacular here. I've listed the main interesting things in each mag.

1. WET magazine May/June1980: Mick Jagger on the cover, with a 1/2 page interview with him in the back. Captain Beefheart interview. Mag not much to do with music.

2. Interview magazine September 1983: Timothy Hutton on cover. Articles/interviews with Tim Hutton, Georgia O'Keeffe, and Boy George

3. Melody Maker July 17, 1982: random guy on cover. Articles/interviews with David Byrne, Lydia Lunch and Nick Cave (the Birthday Party), Article on The Wall movie, short concert review of the Clash

4. Melody Maker October 30, 1982: Bauhaus on cover. Articles/interviews with Wham!, Midnight Oil, Tears for Fears, Bauhaus, news bit about Jam split up, review of Japan concert

5. NME April 3, 1982: Junior Giscombe on cover. William Burroughs interviews Devo, bits on Queen tour and Clash tour

6. Rolling Stone 385/386 end of year 1982 double issue photo yearbook: Article on ravages of Reagan years, nice b&w pic of Sting's pants falling off (you know the one)

7. Rolling Stone 375 August 5, 1982: Go-Gos in the underwear on cover. Articles on Go-gos, John Hinckley, small articles on Stones, Ronnie Lane

8. Rolling Stone 328 October 16, 1980: Pat Benetar on cover. Articles on Pat Benetar, Jeff Beck, James Dean. Small articles on Police, Talking Heads, News note on John Lennon and Double Fantasy

There you are.

Umm, is there a limit? Ha, I don't want to steal them all! I think I'd love #5 the best though (burroughs and devo??? the clash!). I'd love #4 too if no one else claims it (I don't want to be a hog!).

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom