Madonna turns 47 and ends up in hospital

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
[q]Madonna Suffers Broken Bones in Accident

20050718NYET161.jpg

NEW YORK (AP) - Madonna's 47th birthday celebration was marred when she suffered several broken bones in a horse riding accident at her country home outside London, her publicist told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

The superstar was hospitalized with three cracked ribs, a broken collarbone and a broken hand, according to Liz Rosenberg, her spokeswoman based in New York.

The accident occurred Tuesday at Ashcombe house, her estate outside of London.

Madonna and an assistant were riding horses, when Madonna, on a new horse she wasn't accustomed to riding, took a tumble. Her children, Rocco and Lourdes, were at the home but were not with their mother at the time, Rosenberg said.

``The whole family was out in the country, celebrating her birthday,'' Rosenberg said.

Her husband, director Guy Ritchie, took Madonna to an undisclosed hospital, where she was treated. Rosenberg said the entertainer was expected to be released later in the evening.
[/q]

Damn. It's hard to think of Madonna injured and vulnerable. That must be painful.

My sister once broke her collar bone and was laid up for 3-4 weeks so it could properly heal ...
plus anytime she moved, she had extreme pain !! :sad:
So, I can imagine what Madonna must be going through since she broke alot more than just that collar bone ... What a shame !! :tsk: ... Hopefully she will recover quickly !! :up:

ok, i recently fell off a horse and have the remnants of a black eye at this very moment (i tactfully landed on my face). i got off easy compared to madonna...the only problem is people think I'm the victim of domestic violence :slant:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
Thankfully both you and Madonna did not suffer injuries like Christopher Reeve.

i know...i ride competitively and i've seen lots of accidents. You can be careful and pay attention to safety, but it's impossible to avoid all the risk. you basically weigh the enjoyment with the disadvantages. :shrug:

ruffian said:
ok, i recently fell off a horse and have the remnants of a black eye at this very moment (i tactfully landed on my face). i got off easy compared to madonna...the only problem is people think I'm the victim of domestic violence :slant:

I managed to get tangled up between two horses while feeding them in a paddock one day and cracked open my eyebrow. Bled like crazy, took nine stitches to close and damaged a nerve so I still have no feeling in a small section of my scalp. Plus I got two huge black eyes from this...just as I was beginning a new job as a reporter for a local newspaper. So of course I had to go out and talk to people all over the community with these lovely shiners. A few months later I was talking to some guy and he mentioned I had taken his picture for the paper (it's a little rural community, so it's a big deal), and as we chatted the black eyes came up. I told him I'd been hit by one of my horses and he said "Oh, we thought you'd been popped by you old man." :huh:

In another horse related incident, my mum had a horse lift his head up suddenly and hit her right on the cheekbone. When I got home from work a couple hours later I could not believe how huge it was...the side of her face looked like a basketball. So off we went to the hospital to get it checked out. Now I was in my kind of goth phase then, and that was really, really different for the area, so I always got odd looks anyway. But this night I really got the odd, and not very nice looks from various hospital staff. I found out why on the way home. Mum said they kept asking her what happened and when she told them, they would ask again "now what really happened?" and kept asking if someone in the household was angry at her. And the doctor kept telling her she was lucky whoever did it didn't break her cheekbone. On the way home she asked why wouldn't they believe me? Suddenly, those extra evil looks the staff was giving me made sense. How embarrassing. :huh: :yikes:

Horse injuries can be very scary and serious. My cousin died after falling off a horse (she cracked her head open). Madonna has some nasty injuries, but it could have been much worse.

ruffian said:

i know...i ride competitively and i've seen lots of accidents. You can be careful and pay attention to safety, but it's impossible to avoid all the risk. you basically weigh the enjoyment with the disadvantages. :shrug:

What is your discipline?

I used to do a bit of combined training (what Reeve was doing when he was injured for those who don't know). I was great fun, but you had to realise you could be seriously hurt or even killed. I was never hurt badly from falls (though when I was a young kid I had loads of them), but I know people who suffered permanent damage from riding injuries. And there have been people I know from shows and competitions (I didn't know them well) who died from their injuries.

I always wondered when I see you user name if it's partly after the horse Ruffian? Or are you really a brutal person? :yikes: :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom