Madonna Pulls a Britney...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^:yes:

I could post: "I let my kids drink out of the toilet." Sure, I'd expect a few funny responses. Maybe even one from someone who caught their two-year-old doing it for real. But if I were to post that, I'd have to know that I'm opening myself up for at least one negative response. If I didn't want to hear it at all, I shouldn't post that.

p.s.---don't let your kids drink out of the toilet.
:wink:

Sicy said:
You are unbelievable. Once again you post a negative/controversial comment/post and then personally attack people for replying. How do you not see that YOU start the arguments? It's plain as day. If you dont want people to reply to you DONT POST. Nothing ANYONE said in response to you was rude or out of line. You are the only rude one here.

I cannot understand your rationale! If I post something, and somebody says something rude about it, I am the bad guy?! WHY? Nobody has to comment, you know. My original post wasn't even negative, it was taking up for Madonna, trying to explain why it's sometimes necessary to take the kid out of the seat! Then after it got testy, I tried to bring back the bald headed Madonna jokes and lighten it up.

Yes, I have an attitude toward Lies. She thinks she knows everything, (and others have told me this in private, how annoying her sanctimoniousness is) and is very bossy, self righteous and holier than thou. I am sick of being lectured by her.

I really do think some of you have an attitude toward me and look at stuff the wrong way,and read unecessary negatives into things that aren't there because it's me. If someone else had posted the same things I say, no one would say a word.

Last edited:
The thread was fine until you posted this!

U2Kitten said:
While I totally expected a rash of holier than thou lectures :yawn: :rolleyes: I don't want to fight over this car seat thing.

Are you blind or just stupid?? You just personally attacked everyone with that post. I'm not going to argue with you. I'm just going to put this forum on the list of forums to ban you from when you keep causing trouble.

Sicy said:
The thread was fine until you posted this!

Are you blind or just stupid?? You just personally attacked everyone with that post. I'm not going to argue with you. I'm just going to put this forum on the list of forums to ban you from when you keep causing trouble.

That was because of Lies. I do admit I shouldn't have said that, but I knew it was coming and I wanted them to know I knew it. Bad idea.

I am putting Lies on ignore. She is now the only person who has gone from my ignore list to my buddy list and back to my ignore list.

I don't think anyone was saying that they are terrible people. Clearly, allowing a baby or toddler to ride without a proper safety seat is illeagal and unsafe. Of course there could be a freak accident, like was mentioned where the safety seat, possibly contributed to the child's death. However, it's much more likely for an unrestrained child to be killed or injured in an accident without one. All one has to do is look at the statistics. I wouldn't call Britney or Madonna a bad mother because of an incident like this (nor do I think anyone hear was calling them that) It was simply an unwise decision, and all parents make them at one time or another. Another situation with them, Madonna in this case, is the paparazzi factor, the reason we know about this in the first place. Perhaps they were being chased and hounded and were just trying to keep David as close to her as possible until they got further away from the cameras. Perhaps she was holding him, and hadn't had a chance to strap him in yet. Maybe he was sick
at the time, and she was just trying to calm him for a minute before she put him in the seat. I highly doubt it's something she makes a practice of. There's never been any reports of it before, and she's photgraphed 24/7.

U2Kitten said:

That was because of Lies. I do admit I shouldn't have said that, but I knew it was coming and I wanted them to know I knew it. Bad idea.

I am putting Lies on ignore. She is now the only person who has gone from my ignore list to my buddy list and back to my ignore list.

Huh? I posted my reactions without even reading any responses to the thread (as indicated by the fact that I was quoting no one. If I have something to say to someone, I say their name or quote the post), but...whatever :shrug:

U2Kitten said:
I really do think some of you have an attitude toward me and look at stuff the wrong way,and read unecessary negatives into things that aren't there because it's me. If someone else had posted the same things I say, no one would say a word.

I'm not going to comment on anything else, but my response was only based on what you said, not who you are. I would've posted the exact same thing no matter who wrote that.

Last edited:
:huh:

I never had a problem putting my child in her carseat. Never had her fuss or anything. That's just the way it was. You are travelling in the car, this is what you have to do. And she might have been in the carseat longer than other friends because she is on the petite side. And it is the law in this state.

As for Madonna, I don't know. There are two sides to every story, right? :shrug:

And I believe the statistics are that most accidents happen close to home. Why? Because most of the time you ARE close to your home

U2Kitten said:
I want to clarify 2 things before leaving this thread for good- one, when I said self righteous, holier than thou lectures, I really meant Lies, because I knew she'd be here sooner or later! She always does that to me in almost every thread. I am so sorry I fell short of her lofty standards yet again, and I will never live up to them. Surely Heaven awaits her perfection with glorious trumpets, glowing lights and a choir of angels :angel:

I also wanted to clarify that I did not let my kids ride out of the seat ALL THE TIME- heck I'm too paranoid of getting pulled over to do that. I meant only in CERTAIN SITUATIONS now and then if the kid was really, really having a hard time, or sick, like JCOSTER said. I can't believe every single parent hasn't made an exception once in awhile, you have to. I would bet most or all of you who have judged and condemned are not parents, and no, just saying your sister did it doesn't count. You aren't with her all the time. Anyway, I do not think it makes you a bad parent, and I don't comdemn Madonna or Britney at all. They did what they had to do at the time. Think about this, at least she had him on her lap instead of tossed aside all alone! ;)

I can't believe as many of you here that are good at photoshop nobody has made us a bald Madonna pic! Come on! :lmao:

being a mother of a 9 year old boy I can say for a fact that THERE HAS NEVER I MEAN NEVER been a time where I allowed my son or anyone else for that matter go without a seatbelt.. :madwife:

Give me one 'certain situation' where this would be allowed.

If they are sick, then don't go anywhere then keep them home for god's sake. Common sense.. If they are throwing a fit too bad, you are the parent/adult and they have to abide by the rules of the road/law and yours. If the temper tantrum is too much is it really worth it to risk driving without a seatbelt on your child. I mean is so important that your child's life is not worth having the seatbelt on. Again choose to not go out drive anywhere if it causing heartache/stress. As someone said you are bigger than they.. you are the authority not the children..

:huh:

I don't start driving until everyone in the car has their belt strapped. As the driver I am responsible for everyone in the car, why risk someone getting injured or worse, it only takes a few seconds to belt up. Even doing it once is breaking the rules and risking a life. If I wouldn't let my friends get in my car without wearing a belt, why would I do any differently with my own children. My parents had three sprogs under the age of three. They managed getting us all in car seats every time we used the car. My Da says we were prone to fighting and squealing but as a driver you just have to ignore that and concentrate on what is happening on the road. I've seen people who have those stickers saying there are children in the car but flaunt all the rules. Then you'll see the children jumping around on the backseat or standing resting against the seat infront. Seems much more of a distraction/dangerous to me.

As for Madonna, who really knows the story there. I've read other stories saying she did have a car seat. :shrug:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

being a mother of a 9 year old boy I can say for a fact that THERE HAS NEVER I MEAN NEVER been a time where I allowed my son or anyone else for that matter go without a seatbelt.. :madwife:

Give me one 'certain situation' where this would be allowed.

If they are sick, then don't go anywhere then keep them home for god's sake. Common sense.. If they are throwing a fit too bad, you are the parent/adult and they have to abide by the rules of the road/law and yours. If the temper tantrum is too much is it really worth it to risk driving without a seatbelt on your child. I mean is so important that your child's life is not worth having the seatbelt on. Again choose to not go out drive anywhere if it causing heartache/stress. As someone said you are bigger than they.. you are the authority not the children..

:up:

U2Kitten said:

I cannot understand your rationale! If I post something, and somebody says something rude about it, I am the bad guy?! WHY? Nobody has to comment, you know. My original post wasn't even negative, it was taking up for Madonna, trying to explain why it's sometimes necessary to take the kid out of the seat! Then after it got testy, I tried to bring back the bald headed Madonna jokes and lighten it up.

Yes, I have an attitude toward Lies. She thinks she knows everything, (and others have told me this in private, how annoying her sanctimoniousness is) and is very bossy, self righteous and holier than thou. I am sick of being lectured by her.

I can't believe you haven't been kicked off yet. Honestly, that is one of the most immature things I have read on this board. :huh:

What do you want? This place all to yourself so you can read your own thoughts and have no one to disagree with you? How self-centered can you get?

As for the original topic, as u2isthebest said, no one knows the circumstances surronding this. And most of the world isn't having their every move watched, so who knows? :shrug: I'd reserve judgement unless it is something that is constantly repeated.

ylimeU2 said:

What do you want? This place all to yourself so you can read your own thoughts and have no one to disagree with you? How self-centered can you get?

No that's the other people. That's why I'm 'causing trouble' and 'disruptive' when I post something they don't agree with :rolleyes:

I did my best to stay away from here, but when an ex friend judges me like that when she doesn't even know the whole story, it pisses me off. I'm not even talking about everybody, there is a certain group of girls who always seem to be on my case and pick at all my posts. I have them all on ignore now, and if y'all really, truly don't want to get a rise out of me, stop posting shitty things like this :wave: It's not fair I should get accused of 'fighting' when everyone else does it to me too. It takes more than one person to stir the shit. I won't be a part of it anymore.

U2Kitten said:

I did my best to stay away from here, but when an ex friend judges me like that when she doesn't even know the whole story, it pisses me off.

What the fuck, Michelle, did you NOT read what I said? I said I posted BEFORE I read ANY responses to this thread. If I have something to say with regard to someone else, I will quote their post, indicate with an ^, or include their username.

But whatever, go ahead and make your assumptions that everyone is always out to get you. Keep putting everyone on your ignore list.

Seriously, it has nothing to do with YOU. This thread is about Madonna making a really stupid decision. Quit with the lame drama already.

U2Kitten said:

No that's the other people. That's why I'm 'causing trouble' and 'disruptive' when I post something they don't agree with :rolleyes:

I did my best to stay away from here, but when an ex friend judges me like that when she doesn't even know the whole story, it pisses me off. I'm not even talking about everybody, there is a certain group of girls who always seem to be on my case and pick at all my posts. I have them all on ignore now, and if y'all really, truly don't want to get a rise out of me, stop posting shitty things like this :wave: It's not fair I should get accused of 'fighting' when everyone else does it to me too. It takes more than one person to stir the shit. I won't be a part of it anymore.

I really honestly can't understand your rationale. Lies wasn't even attacking you! I find it sad that people can't even voice their own opinion without you jumping down their throats. You think everyone is out to get you. You are only hurting yourself pretty much. Your paranoia is unbecoming of you. Honestly, just quit it.

Liesje said:

What the fuck, Michelle, did you NOT read what I said? I said I posted BEFORE I read ANY responses to this thread. If I have something to say with regard to someone else, I will quote their post, indicate with an ^, or include their username.

But whatever, go ahead and make your assumptions that everyone is always out to get you. Keep putting everyone on your ignore list.

Seriously, it has nothing to do with YOU. This thread is about Madonna making a really stupid decision. Quit with the lame drama already.

And another thread ruined by U2Kitten :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom